Project Orion - 3k Extended Boundary 1.0 Beta

(100 Reviews)

17 Screenshots

About This File

For Offline use only.

How to Install

• Download files
  • Once download is complete, extract rar files. (right click > extract)
  • Simply copy and paste OFFLINE-ONLY_Project_Orion_3k_Extended_Boundary.package in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData
  • Start SimCity > Play new map > Choose city tile > Save > Quit SimCity (not work if exit to Main Menu)
  • Re-Start SimCity > Resume Game
  • Wonders *:bunny:

Must have Mods for Orion

Issues that have been plagued players since the game's release is now answered. Some says it is the holy grail of all mods. Some says this mod + buy game/reinstall. That's right, 3k extended border aka "bigger city".

Understanding the mechanics of Orion 3k Extended Boundary.

1. Upon entering 3k extended map. based on (Image #1), The 3k map extended on North and East. Use right click mouse button or middle mouse button to bring up the compass.

2. Regional Roads are needed to draw them outside 2k map. Such as Project Akar : UI Enhancements, that offers almost every roads available to be drawn outside 2k.

3. Regarding Land Value, please refer the image below. There a lot of misunderstanding as well as misconceptions about the land value data, that was viewed in the map data.

• The Actual Land Value EFFECTS are still intact as they are. It does not resized regardless in or outside 2k. Believe it or not. It still the same. There are claims that users may have experiences getting different wealth RCI in certain unwanted areas. These confusions is only because  we can't determine the actual "spot" of land value throughout 3k extended border, and the data from the Land Value map seems false but not entirely false information. It was compressed 4:1
  • This also applied on Pollutions, Ground Pollutions, Futurizations etc.

4. Regarding Resources. Unlike Land Value/Pollutions etc That was compressed 4:1. All Resources are stretched 1:4, see Image #3 and #4 to get better understanding on them.

• This 1:4 stretched map data also effects oil, water, coal and ore.

Lag and memory issues

Its common knowledge that lags or frame-rate drops are known for almost every game that pushes its limits unless the users has a high-end computers. It covers almost every aspect from 3D rendering, physics (engine), memory calculations that the game generates etc. Orion (3k Extended boundary) does not lag the game itself, only that the additional space it provides for users to built in and as the city developed and getting dense - it'll stress your computer hardware.

We cant blame the game for the lags, it just happen that once we push the game to its limit, we might as well be done with better hardware.

The Game's Limitations

1. All trees outside the default border cant be remove, because there is no tree, its a facade. Only way to remove them is to edit the region map files.

2. The game already provide its regional transit, from air to land and water. We can't add Maglevs/Subways/EL and Streetcars to work between two different city vice versa. Please "make do" with the given features of each city tiles carefully.

3. There's a limit count of how many roads/buildings that can be drawn/build per city tile

• Roads : 1024
  • RCI : 2048
  • Base Buildings : 4096 (not yet confirmed)

Special Thanks to SkyeStormes for a video review

Special thanks to Asilksworld for a video review. *:thumb:

Special thanks to chappers for his city design with Orion. Outstanding vision, plans and layout created alongside with Orion has proven that modders are able to create new possibilities to SimCity community. Thumbs up. *:thumb:

- Yayie

I would like to thank /u/Desarth from Reddit for the use of his images in showcasing Extended Boundary. Its a wonderful testament to what can be done with effort and creativity with various tools. I thank him personally for allowing me to use his images with this mod. *:thumb:

- XoXiDe

For Offline use only.

What's New in Version 1.0 Beta

Released

• added Project Orion - 3k Extended Boundary

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@Yayie. 

Most important, hank you for all your hard work and sharing what you create.  I (and most others) recognize that these mods take time.   Please don't let the harsh critics get to you.  

Was Orion updated today?   The file information says it was updated 8 minutes ago, but it has a "submitted date" of June 17.   I'm confused.  

File Information
  • Submitted: Jun 17, 2014 - 03:25 PM
  • Last Updated: 8 minutes ago
  • File Size: 3.44KB
  • Views: 59796
  • Downloads: 19,844

the update was only the descriptions. the file version are still the same.

Share this comment

I started "Coyote's Cliff" in the Rambling Badland with the Project Orion mod. When I went to put down a coal mine I was told by the game there was no coal in the ground. I placed the coal mine and still got the same message.

The game indicates there is coal there.

Share this comment

I tried the mod with the "Titan Gorge Region" and selected the "Nugget Plateu City" and everything worked fine except when u move around the map the camera goes crazy and you can see under the map and it also zooms in to the point where you cant zoom out.

Share this comment

WELL GREAT. now i don't have any modded or regular roads in my game. What can i do besides delete the whole game and buy it again?

Share this comment

GREAT MOD! BUT THIS 3K BORDERS MOD HAS A LOT OF PROBLEMS AND BUGS,     FIX FIX FIX!!!!!

AND THE PROBLEMS ARE:

1. BROKEN WATER MAP, BROKEN LAND VALUE MAP, BROKEN POLICE MAP, BROKEN AIR/GROUND POLLUTION MAP AND SOME OTHER BROKEN MAPS.

2. YOU CANT ADD/REMOVE TREES OUTSIDE THE DEFAULT BORDERS.

3. YOU CANT ZONE REGULARY/EASILY IN EVERY PLACE WHERE IN  OUTSIDE THE DEFAULT BRODERS.

4. BROKEN ADD/REMOVE TREES IN DEFAULT CITY SIZE BOX.

5. WHEN YOU PLOP A ROAD OUTSIDE THE DEFAULT BORDERS, THE TREES CANT BE REMOVED AND THEY SOMETIMES COVER THE ROAD. 

6. YOU CANT ZOOM/SEE CLOSELY 100% AROUND THE 3K BORDERS BECAUSE ONLY 70% IS POSSIBLE.

7. LIKE THE PROBLEM 1, SOME BROKEN MAPS SUCH AS WATER MAP AND OTHERS ARE SHOWN IN WHITE OUTSIDE THE DEFAULT BORDERS.

8. PROBLEM OF CONNECTING POWER/SEWAGE/WATER IN ONLY HIGHWAYS ROADS. (HIGHWAY ROAD=WIDEST ROAD)

9. BUGS WITH POLICE CARS AND GARBAGE TRUCKS (SOMETIMES THEY GET STUCK IN ONE PLACE OR EVEN THEY CAN BE HIDDEN)

10. YOU CANT USE SOME OTHER MODS SUCH AS "TREEANYWHERE" MOD OR OTHERS.

11. YOU CANT USE SOME DISASTERS OUTSIDE THE DEFAULT BORDERS.

12. YOU "CAN" PLOP  ALL BUILDINGS IN ONLY 70% OF THE BIG MAP BOX. (IT HAS TO BE 100%)

13. SOME PARTS OF REGIONAL ROADS ARE INVISIBLE (NOT ENOUGH CLEAR LOOKING).

14. YOU HAVE TO FIX ALL OF THESE "13 PROBLEMS"    GOOD LUCK! 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$    THE MOST IMPORTANT COMMENT  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$                                     FIX IT AND YOU WILL WIN MUCH MORE FANS!

Share this comment

we are not maxis and the extended boundary was announced as broken in many aspects.. you must live with various aspects.

IT functions as it was intended unfortunately and we are making improvments to tools on top of orion but orion is as it was intended

Share this comment

we are not maxis and the extended boundary was announced as broken in many aspects.. you must live with various aspects.

IT functions as it was intended unfortunately and we are making improvments to tools on top of orion but orion is as it was intended

Of course you are right, but my aim is only to tell you what are the bugs and problems in this mod because it is VERY IMPORTANT to know what are they,  for example how the prime minister can deal with problems in his country without knowing them?  Nevertheless I appreciate your great team work and your work very much, and yes you can do much more!

Share this comment

Sorry but, all is written, the "LeadModders" are always here, explaining every aspect of the game, and its limits... And what?

They came here just to complain???

I'm not a modder, but I know how difficult it is, especially when you begin to change the inner game...

Players are not able to read, or perhaps they left their brain in their bed?

Again: thank you so much to upload this mod for the community!

Don't be bored by some disrespectful players who are just sit on their chair, waiting for your work, and complaining with some impossibilities of Orion, just because of the glassbox/Maxis....

Again, sorry for my poor english...

And THANK YOU AGAIN, every day I play SimCity now, with Orion, Akar, ..., at last I can think about my city, and spend more than an evening to build my city ^^'

So great mods! So great modders community!

BIG UP!! :D

Share this comment

hey I cant get this to work I tried loads of time and it dosent work can anyone help?!!

Have you tried claiming a new plot, then do a save, exit right out of SimCity (not just to the main menu) then reopen and go to that plot? Hopefully you'll see the larger border then.  Good luck!

Share this comment

The comment section is for giving feedback to the content developers - please refrain from personally attacking other members.  Thank you. 

Share this comment

I put a regional road outside of the standard boundaries, and then I added power.. sewage and garbage outside of these city limits. For some reason, these utilities do not cover the entire city.. just weird sectioned chunks. Is it possible that these utilities are not 100% functional when in the new area?

Share this comment

don't know if someone noticed already, but with this mod the resources are moving. but you can't see if you select the resource map on the view menu. it is still shown at the same area, but if you want to build an oil pump for example it says no resources. but in other places, even outside of the original map you can find it instead. would be nice to see the actual oil field. same for ore and coal...

Share this comment

Also i found a problem, i though conflict by other mod. check out the creating Parks > Nature > Plant Forest

l2ZjcRp.png

Yes I got this problem too. Hope it's not too tricky to fix. :)

Share this comment

I see that the boundaries widened but i cannot build anything beyond (I tried to reinstall the game and delete all the mods .. but nothing works)

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:11989]

Share this comment

I have a huge problem with this mod. I did everything to get the bigger city tiles, which did gave me bigger city tiles. But then, I can't plop anything outside the original city borders. I really need the answer to this!

Share this comment

when i put a one way high density street, all cars still going in two directions. Is this the problem when using project orion - 3k extended boundary? by the way very nice screenshots

Share this comment

I have a huge problem with this mod. I did everything to get the bigger city tiles, which did gave me bigger city tiles. But then, I can't plop anything outside the original city borders. I really need the answer to this!

i think that its normal like Yayie say in 14 what you should know about this orion mod.

Share this comment

have a problem! when you put it park area is a very different place! same with industry and pollution!
after the demolition of the park there is pollution!
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/746/441725.jpg/]441725.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/540/32ca9c.png/]32ca9c.png[/URL]

Share this comment

i had to rename the file to give it a 0000000 prefix, as i have other mods and it didnt do anything ingame before i renamed it...may be a conflict or dunno what,,,,anyway, now works like a charm, could use a few improvements, especially with the camera, it doesnt let me go closer in certain areas

Share this comment

oil map is also displayed incorrectly, it was right in the middle of the black and it said "no oil here" and i tried to find the oil, it was to the right, almost in the other nearby citys zone,,,so this mod shifts the oil from under your city, making oil business not that good...cuz i checke with the mod unistalled and the oil overlay was displayed correctly in a game without the mod, and it is displayed correcly in the overlay with the mod installed too, but the oil will not be there if you use the mod, and it will be there if you uninstall the mod.....why is the mod messing with the oil? makes the game annoying

also, if i disable the mod midgame, the entrance to the city gets fucked up, it becomes only a black texture with some blue lights, as if my policemen were trying to go to a different city, but got stuck on the highway ramp...same is true if i claim another city midgame, then load back the original city, the city entrance yet again changes to that black texture overlay...basically the freeway part were all cars enter your city changes to a relatively big black texture square, and you cant see anything but that square..its very ugly (i dunno how to post a screenshot, but try to reproduce the bug and youll see), and its so ugly...

Share this comment

I have to say this and Udon is the reason i got back into playing Simcity so a big Thanks for all your efforts, I now have almost 70+ mods working in harmony, one thing i just cant get over is plopping services (without BOC) outside the 2k borders, i can zone with the CTRL Zone trick and i can plop RCI also but just can't seem to plop any services and when i place an omega factory i can't plop any attachments in the extended zone, do you guys have any suggestions? 

Share this comment

i am not able to plop any services, parks, or uitilites outside the vanilla city box. yes im trying only north and east sides of the map. i have UDON, AKAR, AVALON, ALL RCI PLOP. they all work perfectly fine but i see some users plopping EVERYTHING outside the borders. what am i doing wrong?

Share this comment