11 Screenshots

About This File

Hello!

I want to introduce my first creation for the fans of SimCity 4.

DAMN Manager

DAMN Manager is an alternative to the commonly used (I hope :golly: ) program SSPTool and DAMN Plugin by Stefan Wertich.

It is a tool for creating files for Dealeys "Daeleys Advanced Menu Navigator" plugin aka DAMN.

The program to use is very similar to its original, has some new features: adding the original lots of SimCity, menu items can be created automatically using custom templates and a few minor additions.

I have written this program because i had have some problems with the original SSPTool.

To not bore you any longer, I invite you to download the program, all (or almost all) the information can be found in the help files included with the program.

Any comments are welcome, especially those critical;)

If you have any problems with specific plugins, give me it's name and a link where to download the plugin.
The program includes the language files in English and Polish (polski).

ps. Please forgive me if the English contains errors. If (dare I say when) some will see (help file or user interface), please let me know.

pss. Manager has been tested on Windows XP, VISTA (64bit), 7 (64bit) and 8 (64bit - clean install).

Capture.JPG.5f80b8b79748d77ab1e8518f5cc0aa2e.JPG

What's New 1.3.1   View Changelog

Released

• 1.3.1:
  • fixed: CTD when plopping items

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

no language files Id rather used the tested ILiveReader it can do the same as this and is same as Plugin Manager to use but difference is it is an editor for done files you made and has same features of this except here you can see the icon used in game.

Share this comment

[b]Hooray[/b] - it's good to know that an updated version of this oh so useful program is available! My current SSP install is running smoothly, so at this point I won't do any testing - "[i]Never mess with a running system[/i]" - but I'm sure its time will come... past experience has taught me that no DAMN installation is forever ;-)

Is there a support thread where feedback, bugfixes and stuff are being collected?

* [i]And don't get discouraged by the ubiquitous down-raters who always seem to 'know' that a prog is 'bad' before they have even tried and tested it.[/i]

Share this comment

@captivatedlady - I did answer to you at sc4dev - you MUST unpack all files in zip archive ;)

@jorgen45 - I don't know what you mean

@crysspm, paeng - thanks :)

any feedback can be posted at sc4dev, [url="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15279.0"]http://sc4devotion.c...p?topic=15279.0[/url]

Share this comment

[quote name='yild' timestamp='1352722543']
@captivatedlady - I did answer to you at sc4dev - you MUST unpack all files in zip archive ;)

@jorgen45 - I don't know what you mean

@crysspm, paeng - thanks :)

any feedback can be posted at sc4dev, [url="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15279.0"]http://sc4devotion.c...p?topic=15279.0[/url]
[/quote]

you can also do what this program does with the fraction of the disk space and memory use with ILiveReader only thing it dosen't edit is icon ingame

Share this comment

[quote name='jorgen45' timestamp='1352799728']you can also do what this program does[/quote]

No, you can't.

DAMN lets you design and set up a complete separate structure for you ingame menus. All your original items will be hidden from the game menus, [b]but can be accessed any time while playing[/b]. No way you can do that with the Reader, not even anywhere near. I'd suggest you take a look at the program and its documentation to get an idea what it really is all about.

Share this comment

I want to echo [b]city89[/b]...

Exactly what does this program do? Does it allow you to create custom menus in the game?

Share this comment

[quote name='lhrob' timestamp='1352829867']Exactly what does this program do? Does it allow you to create custom menus in the game?[/quote]

Exactly :-)

You may want to read about it

[b][url="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6818.0"]here[/url][/b] or [b][url="http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?topic=8895.0"]here[/url][/b]...

Not for the faint-hearted, initially... but once you got it set up and running, you don't want to be without it any more ;-)

Share this comment

Awesome! Thanks, Paeng. I've bookmarked those links, and I'll definitely read about it. I've been wanting something like this.

Share this comment

I've added more screenshots - what is effect of this program work (ingame DAMN menu).

ps. and yes, all things that my program is doing can be done in notepad using binary code...

Share this comment

Some more information in the description would be good and not boring at all. Like, more comparisons with the SSPT-DAMN, why exactly this one would be better/easier/etc than the other. I understand, I'd first need to read all the readmes, but it will take time, you know, while the questions are rising up already. Does it require java too? And I see it makes two columns in the window - was that available in SSPT-DAMN too (I think yes, but SSPT-DAMN required some additional tweaking to have that)? What problems did you have with the original SSPTool and how does the DAMN Manager solve those? Should the SSPT-DAMN be removed before the DAMN Manager is installed, or can the two co-exist?

Share this comment

bah... ok...

- no, it doesn't require java,
- you can have from 1 up to 6 columns if you like - this feature was already in SSPTool (screenshots are an example of the ingame menu),
- problems with original... speed, problems with certain plugins, hiding/unhiding already hidden (or not hidden initially) lots, etc. - I did scan more than 4GB of plugins to test my program (sure its possible that this "one" plugin i didn't test will cause problem ;) ),
- SSPT (damn) and my program use same files located in Plugins (SimCity installation folder), and files created with menu contents are compatible.

Share this comment

Thanks yild, I really appreciate your comments which help. One last question I almost forgot: will it work with Windows 7 (32bit)?

Share this comment

[quote name='fiver' timestamp='1352892780']
Thanks yild, I really appreciate your comments which help. One last question I almost forgot: will it work with Windows 7 (32bit)?
[/quote]

Good question. I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet. Would like to know the answer to that question first before I do. Thanks.

Share this comment

[quote name='fiver' timestamp='1352892780']
[/quote]

YES

Share this comment

Nice work, very useful for DAMN users who were used to experiment freezes, crashes and failed savings with the original like me. This one works like a charm. The only buggy thing is the scroll function for the Damn tree. Thanks a lot!

Share this comment

I see there has been an update to version 1.0.2 - but when I click to download the updated version, there are 2 separate download links. Are they both the same?

Share this comment

Download the last position (bottom) (108839). First one is the 1.0.1 version.

I will have to add version number to file name next time.

Share this comment

[quote name='General_Fajeczka' timestamp='1352913667'] How can I unistall it? [/quote]\

*Facedesk*
Delete the folder!

[quote name='fiver' timestamp='1352892780'] Thanks yild, I really appreciate your comments which help. One last question I almost forgot: will it work with Windows 7 (32bit)? [/quote]

As almost everything does...yes

Share this comment