Network Addon Mod (NAM) for Windows INSTALLER Version 36

(1,069 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.

This is the Windows version of the Network Addon Mod, featuring an installer.  A Mac version is available here.

NOTE: The file is available directly on the STEX once more, thanks to the benevolent Dirktator!  ModDB also remains available as a registration-free mirror, which can also be accessed here.

Installing over previous versions: If you already have a version of the NAM installed, NAM 36 should be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases, to ensure that your previous installation options are retained.  A clean install is not recommended, unless you do not already have a version of the NAM installed.  For more information, see here.

Tech Support: Since NAM 36 is now the most recent release, technical support for NAM 35 and earlier is no longer available.

Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 13 1/2 years the mod has existed.

What's New Version 36

Released

New features in Version 36--September 13, 2017

• New FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) feature added, providing a more intuitive and flexible alternative to the old Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs, now deprecated).
  • Draggable Elevated RealRailway (RRW) viaducts added at L1 (7.5 meter) and L2 (15 meter) heights.
  • One-Way Road Signalized Intersection and Turn Arrow Project (SITAP) expanded to cover intersections with FLEX Turn Lanes and Road-based multi-tile NWM networks.
  • Street Addon Mod (SAM) Set 11 - IndustrieSAM by mgb204 added, providing a new, industrial-style Street texture.
  • Draggable Wide-Radius Curve functionality added to all applicable Street Addon Mod (SAM) override networks.
  • RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality expanded to cover additional setups.
  • R5 radius Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the Road network.
  • Diagonal FLEX On-Slope Transitions added to the RHW, supporting 1 and 2-level transitions for the RHW-2, RHW-4, and MIS networks.
  • R4 and R5 radii Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the RealHighway (RHW) system, with support for the L0 RHW-2, L0 RHW-4, and L0 RHW-6S netwoks. Overlap ability also added to the ground-level R2 curves for the RHW, allowing for smoother loop ramps.
  • Diagonal MIS Connection support added to the One-Way Road Roundabouts.
  • Texture glitch fixed with the Euro version of the L1-L4 RHW-6S Type A2 FLEXRamps/DRIs.
  • Minor pathing fix to improve zone access on the TLA-7 network in the Network Widening Mod (NWM).
  • The compression scheme on the NAM Installer has been changed, making it such that the external 7-Zip SFX layer surrounding it is no longer needed.
  • New edition of the NAM documentation started, marking a return to the HTML format used prior to the NAM 31.x releases of 2013. Please note that due to the incredible scope of the mod, and the amount of time to adequately document features, that some sections may remain in an incomplete state.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Artemiswillow808

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This brings many traffic options that were not available in Simcity 4 as well as improving the flow of traffic throughout the game and also adding things to make the roads look nice. Wonderful mod.

Share this review

Link to review
ThuanLy

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Thanks man, I always love this game, Thanks for your contribute

Share this review

Link to review
AsimPika3172

I loves NAM forever!!! Keep moving forward! :D

Share this review

Link to review
RRetail

This mod is a must have.

Share this review

Link to review
anupamnath

Completely essential.You people rule!

A request, adding a smooth el rail to ground rail transition will be really great. Thank you!

Share this review

Link to review
Kinkzoz

This mod makes SC4 one of the greatest city-building games ever. Download it.

Share this review

Link to review
blaqsk8

Another awesome release from the NAM Team. Thank you kindly for all your hard work!!

Share this review

Link to review
irishvandal

Thank you for your continued support.

Share this review

Link to review
lucasfg3

" -What are you looking for?

-I'm looking for the best necessary plugin for SC4. That's it!''

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

Thank you very much, NAM team, for this great gift!

Share this review

Link to review
apeek

11 of 12 members found this review helpful 11 / 12 members

I'm thrilled that this project is still going strong. Thanks to everyone for donating their time.

Share this review

Link to review
prolific314

14 of 18 members found this review helpful 14 / 18 members

My very first mod, and a must have I must say. Opens up a lot of doors.

Share this review

Link to review
Anas Syria

3 of 4 members found this review helpful 3 / 4 members

Thanks a million of each and everyone working on this project! Thanks for working hard and keeping this project alive!

Share this review

Link to review
TheRapture303

1 of 3 members found this review helpful 1 / 3 members

Completely phenomenal.  

Mister Voodoo

Share this review

Link to review
Leszczyk

Unknown date

1 of 3 members found this review helpful 1 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review
kghdu

Unknown date

1 of 4 members found this review helpful 1 / 4 members

Share this review

Link to review
masapuratomi

Unknown date

0 of 3 members found this review helpful 0 / 3 members

Share this review

Link to review
MasterArts

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
sziwaki11

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Sap59

Unknown date

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
megie

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
mansioncrafter

Unknown date

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

Share this review

Link to review
Meshuggah666

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Grimlogic

Unknown date

0 of 4 members found this review helpful 0 / 4 members

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By chfzdn
      Hello,
      I will plan to move to a new laptop in the future. For now, I will reinstall my PC. Before I going to the point, I will explain why I do that.
      In the first time I get the laptop, my laptop has been installed with Windows 7. Then, I installed Linux on it, specifically if I right, Ubuntu 16.04. The system serves very well, I can install some software on it, until it pops up "The system has a problem". Then, I installed Fedora 25 but there are a ton of issues: asking my password to access unmounted drives, my printer's function (Fuji Xerox because my cousin's father have a home document printing business) can't be used properly and flash/thumb drives becoming read-only for some reasons. So, I moved on to Ubuntu MATE. The distro is good as Ubuntu but for some reasons, I went to Manjaro. The distro is well-built but not too polished. Then, I back to Windows 10. Now, the system is runs very well but I need *nix environment and also the free of "spyware"-y thing. The WSL is fine but I want to have integrated one. In the past (before my new laptop), I've tried older version of Ubuntu, Linux Mint and elementary OS. For elementary OS, I think it's just an experimental effort to copy macOS UI. There are tons of broken things on that distro, broken file manager, doesn't have huge library of apps and more.
      So, I want a reliable, stable and polished OS. What distro/OS should I use? Should I keep with my Windows 10?
      Thanks.
      Additional info: should I upgrade to an SSD? I found that the 240 GB of best SSD (Samsung EVO 850) is priced at Rp1.210.000 or about $86 including tax (or around $50 excl tax). But, my drive is rated as the image on the bottom of the post.

• By chfzdn
      Hello,
      As we know, Windows is the most popular OS. Windows 10 comes with fluid UI and feature complete. However, I saw some flaws: big-sized updates (> 50 MB), unneeded complexity, Paint 3D doesn't work as the normal Paint, inconsistency (e.g. there are 2 kinds of context menu, black-colored UWP one and the gray-colored classic one), lack of native Unix environment (enabling possibilities to easy programming) and the so-called "spyware" injected by Microsoft. I want to do some creative works and light gaming. So, I want to ask a question, is Windows ideal for those works? Should I buy Mac and use macOS (often used by creative pros and coders)? Or, should I use Linux distros (more flexible)? Or, should I make them dual-boot? Please share your opinions with logical reason and don't disrespect another opinions.
      Thanks.
    • By Synergy67
      Greetings, fellow SimCivilians and Mac users. I am so glad this community persists. It seems I am late to the draw often when it comes to things like technology. I started playing SimCity 4 Rush Hour on a G4 Mac only in 2009, and a bit later on my MacPro 1,1, which I still stubbornly use now as my only computer. I love Snow Leopard and seriously dislike every Mac OS since then for a variety of reasons, so am determined to use this machine as long as I can. Meanwhile, I recently got nostalgic/excited to reacquire and play SimCity 4 again, which I had eventually let go, and am glad there has been a bit of life breathed back into the game thanks to the updated reissues in the wake of the disaster that was SimCity (2013). SimCity is a fantastic game, despite its many flaws and challenges, and I love how much the world community of fans has done to make it a much better game and keep it going long after the shelf life of most games. You folks here are amazing. Truly amazing.

So, my DVD Deluxe copy (the old original Mac release) arrives in the mail on Monday. I only had to pay $7.50 for a virtually new, intact copy I found on eBay, yay. Meanwhile, I have been preparing to get reinvolved, especially since I lost my games related backup volume which had all my accumulated mods and maps and information: I've been busy making many downloads here again and from SC4D to reassemble all those plugins and mods, and see what's new and improved. The I-HT fix is complete and I see we've solved the Prop Pox problem (not that I can utilize it yet). I've been reading up on all the latest info, especially as Macs and my options for how to play the game again are concerned. I have virtually never used Windows in my life, and was only vaguely aware that it was possible to run Windows on a Mac, since way back when my MacPro 1,1 was introduced (but I didn't get mine till, what, five years ago, when it was already "old technology" and cheap.) Reading about the disappointing Aspyr port for the new Steam version which did -not- add the EP1 patch or night light fix, Ive been contemplating, and discussing a bit here elsewhere already, my options for how I want to go about playing this game at this point. So, following are the parameters I have to work with. Please help me figure out what would work best for me, because I keep waffling as I read more information about each option—none seems very easy or ideal. The Steam version is out of the running, because that would require an update in both my hardware and my OS.

What I have to work with:

• MACPRO 1,1 "quad" core 2.6 GHz, using OS 10.6.11, 11GB of RAM.
      • A Crucial SSD I am also just now acquiring, my first ever, which I know I will be happy to have, whether or not it will speed up the gameplay at all. It should speed up load time I would think at least. Does that sound likely? I know I am still limited to 3GB SATA speed with this older MacPro instead of 6GB. Oh well.

• GRAPHICS: two options: I had been using an NVIDIA GeForce7300 GT video card with my MacPro while I was using this computer for the game my last go around. I eventually upgraded the card to a Radeon HT 5770, which actually slowed down graphic performance for this game rather badly. It got intolerably choppy scrolling across a city. I was really surprised and disappointed to see that, but I was mostly interested in playing CIvilization 4 at that point, which was running nicely enough with the card. That's when I abandoned this game until now. I still have the NVIDIA in slot 2, and I suspect I'll have to use it with the game, if I want to play on this machine again. Would the only way to do this practically be to switch cabling to my monitor from the NVIDIA when I want to play? I could run a second monitor simultaneously too, I suppose, rather than keep swapping every time I want to play, though I wonder how that might affect the game graphics, running two at once. That's my first query, is there anything I should know or am missing regarding the  graphics card situation here? Is there a way to get the better performance the Radeon should be providing, or will I need to use that NVIDIA which is more native to the way the game graphics were designed to run, but less powerful?

• In the process of researching things related to the game, I just now really learned how Boot Camp works on a Mac and about the existence of WINE, which sounds very cool in function, less so in utilizing. Each of these is tempting, so I can play the patched Windows version. Pluses for Boot Camp include that it is going to run faster and more probably reliably than in WINE. Downside is having to buy Windows (I'm advised to go with XP), and it's selling for $100 on eBay! Wtf? It's ancient. I also really dislike the thought of having to boot up in Windows just to play, because I use my Mac as a continual music server and other things, while I am at home/playing a game. I can't do that practically through an actual Windows environment. So, the downside is the expense to buy an old overpriced OS I have little other use for besides running some of the exe files related to SimCity like the SC4Mapper I've not been able to use before, plus losing my Mac environment/background I am so very fond of.

Please be aware, I'm not super tech savvy in this stuff. I am pretty good at researching new information, basic logic, organization (I'm good with my plugins), and following explicit directions. My eyes start to glaze over in a hurry when someone throws a ton of tech jargon at me that a non-coder is not likely to comprehend. I need this kind of stuff coming from the approach that I know nearly nothing that a normal casual computer user would not know. I know next to nothing about anything coding related. Reading about configuring and installing WINE sounds daunting and problematic to me so far. I did (in anticipation) already download the Winebottler app which -appears- to make it easy and does most of the harder work for me. Or does it? I do like the idea of being able to run Windows version SC4 right from within my Mac environment and still be able to run iTunes and have access to my music library, email, internet, etc. On the other hand, WINE sounds potentially very twitchy and challenging to get working properly, and I suspect it could take a long time, a lot of hunting down answers for issue after issue, seeking a lot of advice in stages here, etc. just to understand all the things I have to do to get it successfully running satisfactorily. Or maybe it's not that bad a process. Like I said, I'm no dummy, but my mind is not primarily mathematical—it's intuitive and reasonably logical when someone explains things very concisely, so I understand the what, how, and why of things.

So, that's my primary query here: For someone in my situation with my hardware, software, and limited understanding of or patience for coding/nonintuitive kinds of computer tinkering, what route would you advise? WINE? Boot Camp + XP? Work with the Mac version as before? I can live without night lighting and I know the NAM has largely addressed the pathing errors of the Mac version, despite the Mac version never getting the EP1 patch. I forget...was there anything else very critical or annoying that was not fixed for the Mac version that hasn't been fixed otherwise here by the modding community? I will have the Mac version back in hand Monday to get started on seeing how things are performing at this point.

Help please, from much more knowledgeable computer/Mac people than me. Thanks so much. I love this place. I'm glad to have a reason to return, but I also feel like I missed out on the glory days of this game, catching only the tail end of it years ago when I first played it.

• By tariely
      Yes, I know, this should be in the Mac section, but no, it shouldn't be only in the Mac section. Because a fellow player and I seem to have stumbled upon a rather sneaky difference which affect the game on both platforms.
      We had a discussion way back then about merged.dat. which I used as a dependency for my lots and relots -- it just showed up in DataNode, so I listed it. Then I was advised not to use it and it was apparently right, because not using it didn't cause problems for me, whereas it caused some before.  At the time I had been playing on a Windowsed partition on my Mac. But before that, for many years, I had been playing on a Mac. Which is why I had merged.dat in the first place, because it helped solve problems with some lots while on a Mac.
      And now, a fellow player, playing on a Mac, has problems (CTDs) when using some of my earlier lots without merged.dat.
      Ergo, I though, maybe Mac players must have merged.dat for my lots/relots to be functional for them, Windows players need not to have it.
      I just want to be absolutely sure before re-uploading the lot swith merged.dat and issuing a warning Mac/Windows, so could someone playing on a mac please download my Obelisk Place  and LLB modular version of it as well and plop it (merged.dat is not included anymore, I had taken it out of the deps after the discussion I am refering to above) and see how it goes ? And ditto with merged.dat ?
      I am also posting this on the Mac forum...
    • By tariely
      NB : This is not only  in the Mac section, I also posted it elsewhere because a fellow player and I seem to have stumbled upon a rather sneaky difference which affect the game on both platforms.
      We had a discussion on the forum, way back then, about merged.dat. which I used as a dependency for my lots and relots -- it just showed up in DataNode, so I listed it. Then I was advised not to use it and it was apparently right, because not using it didn't cause problems for me, whereas it caused some when using it.  At the time I had been playing on a Windowsed partition on my Mac. But before that, for many years, I had been playing on a Mac. Which is why I had merged.dat in the first place, because it helped solve problems with some lots while on a Mac.
      And now, a fellow player, playing on a Mac, has problems (CTDs) when using some of my earlier lots without merged.dat.
      Ergo, I thought, maybe Mac players must have merged.dat for my lots/relots to be functional for them, Windows players need not to have it.
      I just want to be absolutely sure before re-uploading the lot swith merged.dat and issuing a warning Mac/Windows, so could someone playing on a mac please download my Obelisk Place  and LLB modular version of it as well and plop it (merged.dat is not included anymore, I had taken it out of the deps after the discussion I am refering to above) and see how it goes ? Then try it with merged.dat. and ditto ?
      To keep the discussion all in one place, please reply here.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections