About This File
The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.
This is the Windows version of the Network Addon Mod, featuring an installer. A Mac version is available here.
NOTE: The file is available directly on the STEX once more, thanks to the benevolent Dirktator! ModDB also remains available as a registration-free mirror, which can also be accessed here.
Installing over previous versions: If you already have a version of the NAM installed, NAM 36 should be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases, to ensure that your previous installation options are retained. A clean install is not recommended, unless you do not already have a version of the NAM installed. For more information, see here.
Tech Support: Since NAM 36 is now the most recent release, technical support for NAM 35 and earlier is no longer available.
Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 13 1/2 years the mod has existed.
What's New in Version Version 36 View Changelog
New features in Version 36--September 13, 2017
- New FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) feature added, providing a more intuitive and flexible alternative to the old Turn Lane Extension Pieces (TuLEPs, now deprecated).
- Draggable Elevated RealRailway (RRW) viaducts added at L1 (7.5 meter) and L2 (15 meter) heights.
- One-Way Road Signalized Intersection and Turn Arrow Project (SITAP) expanded to cover intersections with FLEX Turn Lanes and Road-based multi-tile NWM networks.
- Street Addon Mod (SAM) Set 11 - IndustrieSAM by mgb204 added, providing a new, industrial-style Street texture.
- Draggable Wide-Radius Curve functionality added to all applicable Street Addon Mod (SAM) override networks.
- RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality expanded to cover additional setups.
- R5 radius Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the Road network.
- Diagonal FLEX On-Slope Transitions added to the RHW, supporting 1 and 2-level transitions for the RHW-2, RHW-4, and MIS networks.
- R4 and R5 radii Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) added to the RealHighway (RHW) system, with support for the L0 RHW-2, L0 RHW-4, and L0 RHW-6S netwoks. Overlap ability also added to the ground-level R2 curves for the RHW, allowing for smoother loop ramps.
- Diagonal MIS Connection support added to the One-Way Road Roundabouts.
- Texture glitch fixed with the Euro version of the L1-L4 RHW-6S Type A2 FLEXRamps/DRIs.
- Minor pathing fix to improve zone access on the TLA-7 network in the Network Widening Mod (NWM).
- The compression scheme on the NAM Installer has been changed, making it such that the external 7-Zip SFX layer surrounding it is no longer needed.
- New edition of the NAM documentation started, marking a return to the HTML format used prior to the NAM 31.x releases of 2013. Please note that due to the incredible scope of the mod, and the amount of time to adequately document features, that some sections may remain in an incomplete state.