Tomcat22

Tomcat's Assets (UPDATE- 'Towbarless Pushback Tug' RELEASED)

61 posts in this topic Last Reply

10 hours ago, Turjan said:

The bridge and the tunnel entrance remind me of my model railway days. Memories.

Not to crash the thread, but I was just telling someone the other day that Cities Skylines was essentially the digital equivalent of a model train set. I just thought it was kind of a funny observation.

Very nice assets, Tomcat.

• Original Poster
  • 10 hours ago, Turjan said:

The bridge and the tunnel entrance remind me of my model railway days. Memories.

3 minutes ago, Matthias King said:

Not to crash the thread, but I was just telling someone the other day that Cities Skylines was essentially the digital equivalent of a model train set. I just thought it was kind of a funny observation.

Very nice assets, Tomcat.

Actually I was thinking same with you, I really like that model train stuff. Thanks for comments I want to continue to make this kind of assets.

On 14.1.2016 at 11:24 PM, Tomcat22 said:

This is a good sign for me :D 

It reminds me how awesome it would be how awesome custom selectable tunnel entrances would be. But also a PAIN to implement, like all Network Skins features.

I hate CO for static prefab system they used for networks, buildings, props, trees and everything else.... basically it means that there is always only one version of an asset, with fixed category, level, stats, texture and mesh.

• Original Poster
  • 9 hours ago, boformer said:

It reminds me how awesome it would be how awesome custom selectable tunnel entrances would be. But also a PAIN to implement, like all Network Skins features.

I hate CO for static prefab system they used for networks, buildings, props, trees and everything else.... basically it means that there is always only one version of an asset, with fixed category, level, stats, texture and mesh.

It would be really cool because these static assets dont fit the terrain everytime you need to work on terrain also. It would be great to have them just like vanilla tunnel entrances to see changing itself according to terrain, height etc.

Re: props

How about randomized architectural accents?

The woodwork on the balcony and eaves shapes are what really differentiate these Alpine houses in Austria and Germany. So maybe a series of props for different railings, balcony supports, eaves, wood accents, and roof-edgings?  They could be randomized so you get an interesting mix from house to house.

• Original Poster
  • 2 minutes ago, ethansprang said:

Re: props

How about randomized architectural accents?

The woodwork on the balcony and eaves shapes are what really differentiate these Alpine houses in Austria and Germany. So maybe a series of props for different railings, balcony supports, eaves, wood accents, and roof-edgings?  They could be randomized so you get an interesting mix from house to house.

That is a good idea and it is also realistic as you gave examples. This would definitely differentiate houses from each other but the parts you mentioned are really high on tris count. It would be ok if this will be a park but since there will be lots of buildings I am really trying to decrease tris count on each houses. But I am also trying to make different styles even they are not detailed that much. Other than that different railings are good one! I will try that. Thank you for suggestions :)

2 hours ago, Tomcat22 said:

That is a good idea and it is also realistic as you gave examples. This would definitely differentiate houses from each other but the parts you mentioned are really high on tris count. It would be ok if this will be a park but since there will be lots of buildings I am really trying to decrease tris count on each houses. But I am also trying to make different styles even they are not detailed that much. Other than that different railings are good one! I will try that. Thank you for suggestions :)

You could also use the color variation system for slightly different roof colors.

• Original Poster
  • 9 hours ago, boformer said:

You could also use the color variation system for slightly different roof colors.

I will try that. I think color variations will be different tons of brown. But I should include all wooden parts into color map I guess because if I just only change roof color it might become not coherent with rest of the building. I will be experiencing on that color schemes thanks.

• Original Poster
  • It was a long time I havent been here so Hi again! 

I released my chalet buillding theme with 4 buildings (I added one more today so 5 for now) and custom prop pack for chalets that includes few props to be used primarily in this theme. I will be adding more buildings (I hope) and I want to make few service buildings. For now I hope you enjoy with new theme. This theme looks better in winter maps in my opinion but in normal maps you can even see colourful flowers in front of windows and different coloured roofs of wooden houses so its up to you! Thanks for looking :) Chalet Building Theme workshop link

697288493_preview_chalet village2.jpg

• Original Poster
  • 1 minute ago, Avanya said:

Welcome back! Damn, the look gorgeous in the snow like that! Great work :thumb:

Hey thank you Avanya glad you like it! and its nice to see you here again :)