6 Screenshots

About This File

SM2 Concrete Sound Barriers.

Its time for a new set of HD sound walls.

With 41 pieces at your disposal you can bet that just about any combination has been covered!
This set includes several FA3 (Fractional Angle 18.4 deg.) pieces for those special angled projects.

Orthogonal, 45 deg, FA3, exit doors, emergency phone, ortho to 45, ortho to FA3, end pieces, overhanging ones, 11 with graffiti plus a double length one and one special Orthogonal piece that you can plop on slopes of up to 45 deg.

To recap, 40 lots can only be places on fairly flat terrain and one flex piece for up to 45 degrees inclines.

I made them with no base or overlay textures therefore you can dress them with your favorite MMPs

ALL lots are neutral but one, the TEL piece. I made that one with nightlights.

Use them on your highways, roads, railways and they also look great as fences in between industries and residential.
I'm pretty sure you will find a home for them in your maps.

No Dependencies!

Just drop them in your plugins and play. You will find them in your park menu.

In the mix you will also find a single orthogonal EL (elevated) piece to be used with L2 highways. It is a prototype and I made with the Maxis L2 highway specs in mind. You can try with different highways to see if it works.

Have fun and post pics.

Simmer2

Questions? Post them here http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

What's New in Version 2   View Changelog

Released

Dec 7 2017  Added 5 more FA3 mirror lots. Please re-download and replace the old file with this one. No need to demolish any lots already plopped as this update only adds new lots and does not modify the old ones. I included a new Legend and an additional picture showcasing the new models.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Edvarz

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I was waiting for these to come out, very good work! versatile, good-looking and really useful. A must-have.

Share this review

Link to review
AsimPika3172

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Is time for enjoying nice sound barriers!!! :thumb: :party::8)

Share this review

Link to review
MissVanleider

I haven't played SimCity for a long time due to my computer being in a box but I've seen these previewed on ST for a while, I'm downloading them and going to try to play this weekend, wonderful work and so flexible, I love these little internal workings of a city that make everything seem much more real, well done!

Share this review

Link to review

Excellent work, and glad that you thought of the mirrored FA-3 walls!

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Odile1991
      I already sent mas71 a message about this, but I am not sure how active he still is, so I put it here too. I am using the walls packs of mas71 and my stairs look different. Looks like another texture (darker) and poles on the stairs. Also, in the screenshots of the jpn walls, I see a combined two stairs, not three? I am confused. When I remove the walls content, the poles are still there.
      I am using mas71 walls sets (jpn walls and walls pack 2) and my stairs look different than in his screenshots. Darker and one has poles in it. I added a screenshot. I hope anyone can help me out. Does it has to do with a texture and object pack?
    • By deadwoods
      This download contains a set of highway noise barrier walls. Whilst being of a simple and cheap concrete and steel design, they have a more pleasing curved pattern look as seems to be the trend in a lot of road construction these days.
      They are modded to provide a very healthy Park and Landmark effect, so the sims living and working near them will appreciate it. They also have a significant pollution reduction factor, so even though they can't reduce the sim traffic noise, they can remove the pollution affects assoicated with them. Plop a few of these beside a highway, avenue or road and see the positive effect they have on the surrounding buildings.
      There are ten lots in the set; some straight, some with corners, some diagonal and some overhanging the lot to cover those blank tiles beside the on/off ramps that you can never use.
      The lots all have the base texture removed, so the ground texture underneath will show through. This is good as the highways don't have a texture under them, so the lots match. But the lots sometime suffer from the "missing base" bug where the base appears blue/black.
      I'm working on a Menu Management Lot (MML) mod for these, so they don't clutter up the Misc Transport menu when you don't need them. These lots are BSC Tracking Enabled (BTE) which means they may contribute to Reward Chains.
      Lot Specs
      Lot size: 1 x 1 tiles 1 x 2 tiles 1 x 4 tiles Plop cost: § 80 § 120 § 160 Bulldoze cost: § 5 § 8 § 10 Occupant Groups: Building: Transportation,Building: MiscTransit,BTE : DW Lot Counter Power consumption: 0 MWh/month Water consumption: 5 Gallons/month Air pollution: -256 over 3 tiles -256 over 4 tiles -256 over 5 tiles Water pollution: 0 over 1 tiles Garbage pollution: 0 over 0 tiles Demand created: None Demand satisfied: R-$ : 250,R-$$ : 250,R-$$$ : 250 Landmark effect: 20 over 10 tiles Park effect: 30 over 15 tiles Monthly costs: § 1 (maint) § 3 (maint) § 5 (maint)  
      Dependencies

To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder.
      You should have the following two files;
      BSC Mega Textures Vol.01
      BSC Essentials
    • By paeng
      Modular Cemetery and Park Walls 205
      Parks 205 AddOn Vol02

This AddOn brings you two small modular sets - Park Walls and Cemetery, both designed to fit seamless into the Parks205 series. They'll help to transition a typical open park into a more closed and quiet cemetery and back to a free flowing park.

Each set contains 7 pieces, all of them 1x1, with various configurations of walls, gates, tombstones, sarks and crypts, some of them with typical path configurations to connect them easily to the rest of the Parks205 series.

DEPENDENCY

Parks 205

DEVELOPER NOTES

All wall- and cemetery items are neutral, no special effects or benefits. You find them in the Parks menu sorted in near the SIDINGS205, with custom icons.

Note that the AddOn contains one further item - an optional replacement for the default cemeteries (all 3 stages). The design is the same like one of the Cemetery205 Fillers, but with the functionality of the default cemetary. So once you are advised that "Your Sims demand a cemetery", you can just bulldoze one of the fillers in your cemetery-layout and plop the replacement tile instead. That way you get the default perks but don't need to change your carefully planned layout.

If you'd rather use the default items (which are kinda large 5x5 lots, and not the prettiest either), you can just remove the cemetery_replacements.dat from the AddOn.

SUPPORT

Should you need support or want to see more images for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Online Documentation (no longer available)
      and/or the
      Support Thread (no longer available)

* A complete and updated catalog of all PARKS 205 items (PDF) is available in the documentation thread.

Enjoy!
    • By mattb325
      Modern Sound Barriers, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      A set of nine sound barrier lots to grace your ground-level highways, heavy rail (etc): really, these can be placed anywhere you think noise from adjacent transport lots might be an issue for your long-suffering sims.
      While there are other noise barrier lots out there, I found that some were simply too big, some were too grungy, some didn't have diagonal options and there was a distinct lack of modern-looking barriers, so I made some to suit my own taste.
      These sound barriers are a modern concrete, steel and glass option.
      The lots have Orthogonal, Diagonal, Orthogonal to Diagonal and Left and Right Overhanging options.
      The Ortho->Diag options can be a bit fiddly to place, but you'll soon get the hang of it and to that end each lot has a custom icon to try and make the job a little easier (the standard ortho and diagonals simply have a grey line icon, while the more complex ones have a little picture as well). As a general rule, you should aim to place these lots with the curved glass top facing towards the noise (this has a cupping effect to dampen the noise beyond the wall).
      They are found in the parks menu - about half way down. Now, depending on your plugins folder they may not be sequential (i.e. other park lots might appear in between) but they will be very closely positioned to each other in the menu.
      As I made these for myself and designed them to be high-end, nice looking sound walls, they do have a park effect (and associated monthly cost), so if you are trying to keep your city looking grungy, don't use these.
      While some of you may think that this is very un-realistic, please be mindful that you would only see these sorts of walls bordering nicer residential/commercial/industrial areas in real life, so these lots are designed to stimulate medium to high wealth growth rather than simply being neutral...unfortunately this is the way the game works and to my mind, when modding something with an in-built desirability, it should come with an associated cost.
      All the lots have been made transparent (and do not suffer the water bug) so that they will blend in with your terrain.

STATS:
      Lot size :                1x1 - 1x2
      Plop Cost:              §40
      Occupant Groups: Medium Wealth Park; Civic
      Park Effect:            +15 over 15 tiles
      Landmark Effect:  +20 over 10 tiles
      Pollution:                 Air (-)2 over 2 tiles, Water 1 over 1 tiles, Garbage 0 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  0 MwH
      Water consumed:  5 Gallons/Month
      Monthly Cost:         §5
      Bulldoze Cost:        §10
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

I've never seen a highway wall self illuminate, so there is only one model file: the day version.

DEPENDENCIES:
      This file does not require external dependencies.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!
    • By Tyberius06
      Well finally I got the time and put together this little set of diagonal IRM walls expansion.
      Altogether this pack contains 15 new lots based on @T Wrecks' IRM Fillers (I-D, I-M, I-HT), each set gets 5 new pieces (2 full concrate - one with grass props, one without them -, 2 sidewalk-concrete - same variation like concrete version - and a dirt-concrete). 
      Same stats as the original IRM Fillers. They can work without the original set, but strongly recomended using with them.
      Dependencies (like the original set):
      SFBT Essentials - for the diagonal overlay, the barrier, and those nifty positioning indicators. This pack will be used on upcoming filler sets as well.
      http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=5
      BSC Mega Props Jestarr Vol.01 - for most of the cargo props and some ancillary objects
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342
      BSC Mega Props Jestarr Vol.02 - some less important props
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=338
      BSC Mega Props Gascooker Vol.01 - for the containers and a dumpster model I used.
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=397
      Rail Yard and Spur Textures Mega-Pak 1 Version 1.02 - for the base textures.
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2177
      OR
      RealRailway (RRW) NCD BSC Texture pack Update (v1.0)
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3350
      Maxis Buildings as Props
      http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=305
      BSC Mega Props CP Vol.01
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180
      CP SCILT (CHOOSE THE ONE ACCORDING TO YOUR SIDEWALK TEXTURE)
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3173
      SM2_Tyberius_Ovsx4_tex.dat (INCLUDED) - Huge thanks to @Simmer2, who let me attache this little file to this pack.

- Tyberius

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections