35 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

4 minutes ago, chaz17 said:

Hello,

I am new to this forum but was wondering where I could purchase a copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe that will be compatible with the NAM?,

I understand that the Steam version no longer supports the NAM,

Please do let me know as I am unsure and really want to play the game without the terrible traffic issues,

Thanks

Steam 

4 minutes ago, Evanjs said:

Steam 

I heard the steam version does not support the NAM anymore?

20 minutes ago, chaz17 said:

I heard the steam version does not support the NAM anymore?

I've got it to download. 

The Steam version is properly patched to Version 1.1.641 (the digital equivalent of 1.1.640 for disc copies) and will run the NAM without issue.  My Steam copy is indeed 1.1.641, so I can confirm this.

It's Origin's digital retail version that won't allow the NAM to install.  It's the same version number as unpatched disc copies (1.1.610), but because they swapped DRM methods (from SafeDisc to Origin), it altered the checksum of the executable in the process.  That blocks the patches used to get the disc version up to 1.1.638 and 1.1.640, thereby keeping the Origin version locked permanently to 1.1.610.

Strangely, it's only the people who purchased the game off Origin (or are playing via Origin Access) who are stuck with the nerfed copy.  Everyone who did a free CD Key redemption via Origin (something they've supposedly stopped doing) inexplicably got a properly-patched 1.1.641 digital copy. 

Often, whenever the subject of Origin comes up, the CD Key folks show up and tell everyone about how they did actually get a properly-patched copy, even after that disclaimer . . . but that has no bearing whatsoever on the situation with people who gave Origin money and got a defective copy in exchange.

-Tarkus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Angry Mozart
      Hello everyone.
      Welcome to my BAT orchestra. Please take a seat  'cause this symphony is about to start!
      In this thread I'll show you some of the other projects I'm working on (besides of my freight train prop pack).  I want/need this space because sometimes I'm working on several things at the same time, and I thought it would be more comfortable to have all that in just one place, as many batters do.
      My finished projects are:
      Ok, enough introduction for now, let get this symphony begin!
    • By Scanthy
      Hi, I've just started playing SimCity 4 again and downloaded the NAM - lots of great stuff thanks. 
      Question: I've built canals but for the life of me I cannot find the canal "stations". I've also looked in the ST Exchange. I'm not the best at computers and am hoping someone can provide a link. I've tried searching but so many results and not what I am looking for. 
      Many thanks
      (sorry if posted in wrong spot)
    • By SecretMbr_735754
      Includes 2 Garages, 3 Bus Stations 3 Parking Lots, a Bus Loop, 1x1 filler lot and a Taxi Stand.  All lots found in the Transportation Menu indicated with color-coded icons. 
      Dependency:  SHK Parking Pack  Required on all lots in this zip-file download for the base textures, lighting, many of the props, and most vehicles. 
      Dependency Link:
      3x3 Parkade
      Jobs: 6§, 50§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Parkade 3x3. Capacity: 5800.  Plop: 650§, Monthly: 240§. Landmark: 20, 10. Pollution: 5, 5 Air/Water/Garbage. Consumption: 20 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x5 Bus Loop
      Jobs: 6§, 60§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Bus Loop 3x5. Capacity: 3200. Makes Taxis. Creates 72 Jobs. Plop: 980§, Monthly: 260§. Landmark: 20, 15. Pollution: 10, 5, 5 Air/Water/Garbage. Consumption: 50, 20 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x2 Parkade
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Parkade 3x2. Capacity: 4800. Plop: 420§, Monthly: 180§. Landmark: 20, 10. Pollution: 5, 5  Air/Water/Garbage. Consumption: 20, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x3 Parking Lot with Transit
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Parking 3x3. Capacity: 400. Car Queue. Makes Taxis. Creates 54 Jobs. Plop: 250§, Monthly: 150§. Landmark: 10, 10. Pollution: 5, 5.  Consumption: 10, 5 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      1x1 Parking Lot Filler
      Modular Parking - Asphalt - Filler 1x1. Plop: 100§, Monthly: 50§. Landmark: 5, 5. Pollution: 2, 2. Consumption: 5, 5 MWh/Gal.
      1x1 Bus Station and Taxi Stand
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 2§§§. Monthly Income: 100§. Business Deal, Capacity: 800. Makes Taxis. Creates 48 Jobs. Plop: 500§. Landmark: 10, 5. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 20, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x3 Pay Parking
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - PayParking 3x3.Monthly Income: 120§. Business Deal. Capacity: 600. Plop: 280§. Landmark: 10, 5. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 40, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x3 Park and Ride
      Jobs: 8§, 50§§, 2§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Bus Stop 3x3. Capacity: 1400. Makes Taxis. Creates 60 Jobs. Plop: 400§. Monthly: 140§. Landmark: 20, 5. Pollution: 10, 5. Consumption: 50, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x1 Bus Stop
      Jobs: 5§, 10§§, 0§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Bus Stop 3x1: Capacity: 900. Makes Taxis. Plop: 180§. Monthly: 100§. Landmark: 10, 5. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 30, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit enabled.
      1x5 Bus Stop
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 1§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Bus Stop 1x5. Capacity: 250. Makes Taxis. Plop: 240§. Monthly: 120§. Landmark: 10, 5. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 40, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x3 Parking Lot
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 8§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Parking 3x3. Plop: 260§. Monthly: 120§. Landmark: 20, 10. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 20, 10 MWh/Gal.
      INSTALL:
      To install copy and paste the Modular Asphalt Parking Bus and Taxi Ver. 2.0 folder into your User\Documents \SimCity 4\Plugins folder. Move or delete the text/html files and Previews folder as these should not be stored in the Plugins folder.
    • By NAM Team
      The Network Addon Mod (NAM) combines all transportation network-related fixes, additions and new creations that have been released so far. It will add countless new features to the existing network tools, such as new overpasses, highway onramps, intersections, ped-malls, a ground light rail network, roundabouts and turning lanes.
      This is the Windows version of the Network Addon Mod, featuring an installer.  A Mac version is available here.
      NOTE: The file is available directly on the STEX once more, thanks to the benevolent Dirktator!  ModDB also remains available as a registration-free mirror, which can also be accessed here.

Installing over previous versions: If you already have a version of the NAM installed, NAM 36 should be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases, to ensure that your previous installation options are retained.  A clean install is not recommended, unless you do not already have a version of the NAM installed.  For more information, see here.

Tech Support: Since NAM 36 is now the most recent release, technical support for NAM 35 and earlier is no longer available.

Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 13 1/2 years the mod has existed.