45 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

4 minutes ago, chaz17 said:

Hello,

I am new to this forum but was wondering where I could purchase a copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe that will be compatible with the NAM?,

I understand that the Steam version no longer supports the NAM,

Please do let me know as I am unsure and really want to play the game without the terrible traffic issues,

Thanks

Steam 

4 minutes ago, Evanjs said:

Steam 

I heard the steam version does not support the NAM anymore?

20 minutes ago, chaz17 said:

I heard the steam version does not support the NAM anymore?

I've got it to download. 

The Steam version is properly patched to Version 1.1.641 (the digital equivalent of 1.1.640 for disc copies) and will run the NAM without issue.  My Steam copy is indeed 1.1.641, so I can confirm this.

It's Origin's digital retail version that won't allow the NAM to install.  It's the same version number as unpatched disc copies (1.1.610), but because they swapped DRM methods (from SafeDisc to Origin), it altered the checksum of the executable in the process.  That blocks the patches used to get the disc version up to 1.1.638 and 1.1.640, thereby keeping the Origin version locked permanently to 1.1.610.

Strangely, it's only the people who purchased the game off Origin (or are playing via Origin Access) who are stuck with the nerfed copy.  Everyone who did a free CD Key redemption via Origin (something they've supposedly stopped doing) inexplicably got a properly-patched 1.1.641 digital copy. 

Often, whenever the subject of Origin comes up, the CD Key folks show up and tell everyone about how they did actually get a properly-patched copy, even after that disclaimer . . . but that has no bearing whatsoever on the situation with people who gave Origin money and got a defective copy in exchange.

-Tarkus

When I try to double click the NAM36macwrapper app thing, a message pops and it’s says “ error! Can’t initialize plug-in directory try again later “ what should I do?

3 hours ago, asaadthegodd said:

When I try to double click the NAM36macwrapper app thing, a message pops and it’s says “ error! Can’t initialize plug-in directory try again later “ what should I do?

This happened to me as well when Nam36 was first released.  I was told to re-download it here, or go to SC4Devotion and download it there.  I went ahead and skipped re-downloading it here and went to SC4Devotion and downloaded it there and had no problems with it installing.  Give that a try, it may work for you as well.  If that doesn't work, contact one of the NAM staff here at SimTrpolois or SC4Devotion.  Good luck to you asaadthegodd.

Unfortunately, the Mac version is only up at ModDB, due to its filesize (almost twice that of the Windows version), so SC4 Devotion isn't an option here.  No one currently on the NAM Team actively runs the game on a Mac (it's actually a miracle that we can even still have a Mac version), so our ability to provide support for the Mac version of the NAM borders on nonexistent.  We pretty much have to rely on what the actual Mac users tell us, without really being able to investigate things any further.

The advice I've heard from other Mac users is that one should run the wrapper/app thing outside of the .dmg file (i.e. copied onto the desktop or HD).  Some have also reported on High Sierra that unchecking "Auto Detect CPU Info for Direct 3D" under the "Screen Options" in the Wineskin dialog that pops up when running wrapper/app thing is also necessary.

-Tarkus

Edit: This post from a Mac user might be useful.

On 14/06/2018 at 5:42 AM, blade2k5 said:

This happened to me as well when Nam36 was first released.  I was told to re-download it here, or go to SC4Devotion and download it there.  I went ahead and skipped re-downloading it here and went to SC4Devotion and downloaded it there and had no problems with it installing.  Give that a try, it may work for you as well.  If that doesn't work, contact one of the NAM staff here at SimTrpolois or SC4Devotion.  Good luck to you asaadthegodd.

I've gotten it on the game now, only the tiles are showing up though.

Forgive me if I don't reply soon after my post, but I am having some trouble with the NAM. I'm recently back into the game after a bunch of years away from it. The problem I'm having is one I remember having before.

Everything seems to be going well until I use oe of the items & the games crashes to my desktop. I believe the item is the subway to elevated rail (if needed I can confirm the object later). I downloaded the NAM via the installer. The attached photo shows the prompts I saw afer the download (I don't know if this info will help or not).

MriTdOk.jpg

I really don't know if that is the only item causing the problem or not.

Other that that problem, just like in years past, I love it overall. A LOT of great stuff in there.

5 minutes ago, Violator31 said:

Everything seems to be going well until I use oe of the items & the games crashes to my desktop.

Sounds like you hovered a NAM puzzle piece over a Transit-Enabled lot. 

1 hour ago, Violator31 said:

Forgive me if I don't reply soon after my post, but I am having some trouble with the NAM. I'm recently back into the game after a bunch of years away from it. The problem I'm having is one I remember having before.

Everything seems to be going well until I use oe of the items & the games crashes to my desktop. I believe the item is the subway to elevated rail (if needed I can confirm the object later). I downloaded the NAM via the installer. The attached photo shows the prompts I saw afer the download (I don't know if this info will help or not).

MriTdOk.jpg

I really don't know if that is the only item causing the problem or not.

Other that that problem, just like in years past, I love it overall. A LOT of great stuff in there.

You need java for the NAM controller to install properly.

If you are having CTD issues this patch may help

If you encounter any other issues please let us know.

-eggman121 (NAM Team member)

9 hours ago, Eggman121 said:

You need java for the NAM controller to install properly.

If you are having CTD issues this patch may help

If you encounter any other issues please let us know.

-eggman121 (NAM Team member)

Should I uninstall the NAM before installing Java, or will it be ok to install now?

And.... Thank you for your help.

5 minutes ago, Violator31 said:

Should I uninstall the NAM before installing Java, or will it be ok to install now?

It's not needed, but you should reinstall the NAM after installing java.