Jump to content

45 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

4 minutes ago, chaz17 said:

Hello,

I am new to this forum but was wondering where I could purchase a copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe that will be compatible with the NAM?,

I understand that the Steam version no longer supports the NAM,

Please do let me know as I am unsure and really want to play the game without the terrible traffic issues,

Thanks

Steam 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Evanjs said:

Steam 

I heard the steam version does not support the NAM anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chaz17 said:

I heard the steam version does not support the NAM anymore?

I've got it to download. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Steam version is properly patched to Version 1.1.641 (the digital equivalent of 1.1.640 for disc copies) and will run the NAM without issue.  My Steam copy is indeed 1.1.641, so I can confirm this.

It's Origin's digital retail version that won't allow the NAM to install.  It's the same version number as unpatched disc copies (1.1.610), but because they swapped DRM methods (from SafeDisc to Origin), it altered the checksum of the executable in the process.  That blocks the patches used to get the disc version up to 1.1.638 and 1.1.640, thereby keeping the Origin version locked permanently to 1.1.610.

Strangely, it's only the people who purchased the game off Origin (or are playing via Origin Access) who are stuck with the nerfed copy.  Everyone who did a free CD Key redemption via Origin (something they've supposedly stopped doing) inexplicably got a properly-patched 1.1.641 digital copy. 

Often, whenever the subject of Origin comes up, the CD Key folks show up and tell everyone about how they did actually get a properly-patched copy, even after that disclaimer . . . but that has no bearing whatsoever on the situation with people who gave Origin money and got a defective copy in exchange.

-Tarkus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I try to double click the NAM36macwrapper app thing, a message pops and it’s says “ error! Can’t initialize plug-in directory try again later “ what should I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, asaadthegodd said:

When I try to double click the NAM36macwrapper app thing, a message pops and it’s says “ error! Can’t initialize plug-in directory try again later “ what should I do?

This happened to me as well when Nam36 was first released.  I was told to re-download it here, or go to SC4Devotion and download it there.  I went ahead and skipped re-downloading it here and went to SC4Devotion and downloaded it there and had no problems with it installing.  Give that a try, it may work for you as well.  If that doesn't work, contact one of the NAM staff here at SimTrpolois or SC4Devotion.  Good luck to you asaadthegodd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, the Mac version is only up at ModDB, due to its filesize (almost twice that of the Windows version), so SC4 Devotion isn't an option here.  No one currently on the NAM Team actively runs the game on a Mac (it's actually a miracle that we can even still have a Mac version), so our ability to provide support for the Mac version of the NAM borders on nonexistent.  We pretty much have to rely on what the actual Mac users tell us, without really being able to investigate things any further.

The advice I've heard from other Mac users is that one should run the wrapper/app thing outside of the .dmg file (i.e. copied onto the desktop or HD).  Some have also reported on High Sierra that unchecking "Auto Detect CPU Info for Direct 3D" under the "Screen Options" in the Wineskin dialog that pops up when running wrapper/app thing is also necessary.

-Tarkus

Edit: This post from a Mac user might be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2018 at 5:42 AM, blade2k5 said:

This happened to me as well when Nam36 was first released.  I was told to re-download it here, or go to SC4Devotion and download it there.  I went ahead and skipped re-downloading it here and went to SC4Devotion and downloaded it there and had no problems with it installing.  Give that a try, it may work for you as well.  If that doesn't work, contact one of the NAM staff here at SimTrpolois or SC4Devotion.  Good luck to you asaadthegodd.

I've gotten it on the game now, only the tiles are showing up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me if I don't reply soon after my post, but I am having some trouble with the NAM. I'm recently back into the game after a bunch of years away from it. The problem I'm having is one I remember having before.

Everything seems to be going well until I use oe of the items & the games crashes to my desktop. I believe the item is the subway to elevated rail (if needed I can confirm the object later). I downloaded the NAM via the installer. The attached photo shows the prompts I saw afer the download (I don't know if this info will help or not).

MriTdOk.jpg

I really don't know if that is the only item causing the problem or not.

Other that that problem, just like in years past, I love it overall. A LOT of great stuff in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Violator31 said:

Everything seems to be going well until I use oe of the items & the games crashes to my desktop.

Sounds like you hovered a NAM puzzle piece over a Transit-Enabled lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Violator31 said:

Forgive me if I don't reply soon after my post, but I am having some trouble with the NAM. I'm recently back into the game after a bunch of years away from it. The problem I'm having is one I remember having before.

Everything seems to be going well until I use oe of the items & the games crashes to my desktop. I believe the item is the subway to elevated rail (if needed I can confirm the object later). I downloaded the NAM via the installer. The attached photo shows the prompts I saw afer the download (I don't know if this info will help or not).

MriTdOk.jpg

I really don't know if that is the only item causing the problem or not.

Other that that problem, just like in years past, I love it overall. A LOT of great stuff in there.

You need java for the NAM controller to install properly.

If you are having CTD issues this patch may help

If you encounter any other issues please let us know.

-eggman121 (NAM Team member)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eggman121 said:

You need java for the NAM controller to install properly.

If you are having CTD issues this patch may help

If you encounter any other issues please let us know.

-eggman121 (NAM Team member)

Should I uninstall the NAM before installing Java, or will it be ok to install now?

And.... Thank you for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Violator31 said:

Should I uninstall the NAM before installing Java, or will it be ok to install now?

It's not needed, but you should reinstall the NAM after installing java.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Sign up to join our friendly community. It's easy!  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By Tarkus
      As of just now, the current documentation for the NAM has been uploaded to the SC4 Devotion server, with the intent of making it easier to reference.  It also has a fairly easy to remember URL, too:

      http://sc4devotion.com/namdoc

      -Tarkus
    • By Angry Mozart
      Hello everyone.
      Welcome to my BAT orchestra. Please take a seat  'cause this symphony is about to start!
      In this thread I'll show you some of the other projects I'm working on (besides of my freight train prop pack).  I want/need this space because sometimes I'm working on several things at the same time, and I thought it would be more comfortable to have all that in just one place, as many batters do.
      My finished projects are:
      Ok, enough introduction for now, let get this symphony begin!
    • By Simmer2
      SM2 Oakland GLR Stations.
      Welcome back for more rail stations.
      These stations are trench style old concrete 15m sunken models and are suitable for sunken rail transportation related networks. GLR (Ground Light Rail)
      Each one has a capacity of 75,000 passengers.
      Lot size 6X3
      Please follow the pictorial instructions included in this upload for best results.
      There are 2 models. 1 with a roof and one without (NR= No Roof)
      For the GLR stations you must use a GLR-Subway tunnel converter.
      Complete station pictures included.
      Have fun
      Simmer2
      Dependencies
      SM2 Oakland Train Stations
      stations/
      Hillside GLR to subway transition by morifari -

      Optional - any wall retainers you wish to use, to dress up the trench as you see fit.
      Simmer2
    • By Scanthy
      Hi, I've just started playing SimCity 4 again and downloaded the NAM - lots of great stuff thanks. 
      Question: I've built canals but for the life of me I cannot find the canal "stations". I've also looked in the ST Exchange. I'm not the best at computers and am hoping someone can provide a link. I've tried searching but so many results and not what I am looking for. 
      Many thanks
      (sorry if posted in wrong spot)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections