Public Transit Addendum  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which expansions to rail based public transit would you like me to work on?

• Single Rail Tracks/Stations
    • Rendered Rail Tunnels
    • High Speed Rail (new network type)
    • Above Ground Subways/Metro (pretty much new network type)

1,145 posts in this topic Last Reply

1 hour ago, BloodyPenguin said:

@wasmic As far as I remember, sunken tracks were missing as of the alpha version (I'm looking at you, @andreharv ;)). But current development version features them and they work with @boformer 's station seamlessly :

Cities_2016-11-12_14-24-27.jpg

Looks awesome! Does it mean that final release of MOM will feature these sunken tracks?

7 hours ago, BloodyPenguin said:

@wasmic As far as I remember, sunken tracks were missing as of the alpha version (I'm looking at you, @andreharv ;)). But current development version features them and they work with @boformer 's station seamlessly :

Cities_2016-11-12_14-24-27.jpg

The orange metro train in the photo is the Helsinki Metro M100 series. Is that going to be the default metro train in the MoM mod, or are there additional default metro trains that can be used?

11 hours ago, bsquiklehausen said:

Finally bothered to load a save instead of just the Asset Editor, so here's a better picture of the R62 and a one of the new R46. Last ones (R32 and PATH PA5) are coming up soon!

yqvubuK.jpg

3UrDHzH.jpg

The R46/R62/R142/R160 train models look great! Do you have any plans for other New York City Subway metro train models other than the R32 and the PA-5?

1 hour ago, Theramond said:

Are there plans to have a way to remove the barriers on the ground metro?

That was mentioned a long time ago by the developer. I'm not sure if it's still on the table, but I'd really like to have that. @andreharv, can you shed some light on this?

• Original Poster
  • We have developed a fenceless version.  It is developed, though I'm not sure how it will be selected/accessible.  I'll have to confirm with @BloodyPenguin but I'm pretty sure it will be available...maybe.

I joined Simtropolis specifically for this mod, and am very excited to hear it's coming out soon!

One question, I understand that it will automagically convert existing metro stations to be compatible with the mod? What about the Grand Central Station asset that has both train and Metro service? Or is that particular asset unique and would require a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, andreharv said:

We have developed a fenceless version.  It is developed, though I'm not sure how it will be selected/accessible.  I'll have to confirm with @BloodyPenguin but I'm pretty sure it will be available...maybe.

Sounds great :) Especially for guys like me who puts the tracks into some trench ;)

2 hours ago, SevereWxEddie said:

I joined Simtropolis specifically for this mod, and am very excited to hear it's coming out soon!

One question, I understand that it will automagically convert existing metro stations to be compatible with the mod? What about the Grand Central Station asset that has both train and Metro service? Or is that particular asset unique and would require a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

This mod won't convert the stations. This one does. You can set exactly what assets you want converted, so you can make sure that only some of your stations get converted, so that you can use both metro and heavy rail.

Just now, wasmic said:

This mod won't convert the stations. This one does. You can set exactly what assets you want converted, so you can make sure that only some of your stations get converted, so that you can use both metro and heavy rail.

Ah, excellent, thank you for the response! Will look forward to trying it out. 

9 hours ago, wasmic said:

@SevereWxEddie I would suggest making a duplicate of the m2 module (just load the m2 in the asset editor and save as a different named asset) and then add that copy to the converter - that way you can have m1 and m3 as normal train and m2 either one. I think the m1 metros might elongate to fit the MOM (I'm not sure though)

3 hours ago, Bad Peanut said:

@SevereWxEddie I would suggest making a duplicate of the m2 module (just load the m2 in the asset editor and save as a different named asset) and then add that copy to the converter - that way you can have m1 and m3 as normal train and m2 either one. I think the m1 metros might elongate to fit the MOM (I'm not sure though)

I think he meant the New York Grand Central Terminal asset which is available on the workshop and features underground train station tracks + metro ;)

As it isn't some proper train station it cannot be converted to metro. It's an unique asset with some station functionality added.

Anyway, as I'm using this asset I can say it works fine using one workaround: the upper metro stations (at -4m) have to be connected to the next metro station (which has to sit at -12m) using vanilla subway tracks. Right after this you can use the new metro tracks at -12m ;)

The other metro platforms of the Grand Central can be connected directly using the new tracks as those already sit at -12m :)

2 hours ago, Delta2k5 said:

I think he meant the New York Grand Central Terminal asset which is available on the workshop and features underground train station tracks + metro ;)

As it isn't some proper train station it cannot be converted to metro. It's an unique asset with some station functionality added.

Anyway, as I'm using this asset I can say it works fine using one workaround: the upper metro stations (at -4m) have to be connected to the next metro station (which has to sit at -12m) using vanilla subway tracks. Right after this you can use the new metro tracks at -12m ;)

The other metro platforms of the Grand Central can be connected directly using the new tracks as those already sit at -12m :)

That's the one I was referring to. Excellent, I'm glad I can still use it, thanks for letting me know the workaround!

I want to select the tracks of the one subway stations separately to specify the route.

But the shift key does not work (I am using Multi-Track Station Enabler 1.2.0).

*I can not write well in English. I hope you understand.

thx

Many rapid transit systems, particularly newer ones, use platform screen doors or automatic platform gates (which prevent people from falling onto the tracks) that open and close simultaneously with the train doors. Do you have any plans to insert numerous types of platform screen doors/automatic platform gates into the stations used for the Metro Overhaul Mod?