Simelonius

Show us your before/after shots!

128 posts in this topic Last Reply

Seemed to remember seeing this "show us" a while back, but couldn't find it, so i figured i'd start a new one! Anywho, i'll start!

Show us your areas the way they looked before and the way the look now!

First off, this is the east part of downtown.

BEFORE:

i3Bxka3QEBnrF.png

AFTER:

iU2Ftq9S8GjtC.png

And this is my whole downtown area as seen from the west.

BEFORE:

i37VCWShApWbC.png

AFTER:

ihnA5NqCxCQxO.png

Some pics from my major infrastructure reconstruction around Kapish, Imaginia (open spoiler to see):

Before:

im-bts-k11.jpg

After (camera rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise):

im-3.18.jpg

Before:

im-bts-k04.jpg

After (camera rotated 180 degrees):

im-3.20.jpg

Before

im-bts-k05.jpg

After

im-3.23.jpg

Best,
Maarten

Here is a trio of before/after pics from my old portland cj (r.i.p) :(

Some of the pics have too much "burn" on them, since I was experimenting if it was too much (for my cj), and before the cj was forced into retirement, the metro had 1.5 million, which is shown in the after pic

Before:

yKBmZ.jpg

After:

ygvS2.jpg

Before:

iwfZX.jpg

After:

gCNme87.jpg

Before:

nXBca.jpg

After:

Mdpq0.jpg

The local Dr.'s office was busting at the seems so it was time for my region's first large hospital.

The proposed location

ProposedLargeHospital.jpg

Some years later the project finally comes to a completion and the new hospital opens with rave reviews. The facility should hold the city over for many years to come.

DowntownGroovingtonsNewLargeHospital.jpg

I searched for some images and I've found something I made a few years ago. Sadly, my computer crashed and I lost everything I've built back then.

Anyways, here it is.

Before:

t8td.png

After:

coastcity10mei125131282.png

Here's my most recent B/A pic of the new stadium in downtown Groovington. You can tell it's rather an older area of the city by all the default Maxis content everywhere. Matter fact this was probably this cities first neighborhood. Don't we just love kicking out the poor to build lovely play things. 

Before:

0pol.jpg

After:

ixa2.jpg

Almost unrecognizable: the single lane highway was widened to two lanes, and a bypass highway was created as well, replacing the initial junction. I did leave room for the widening when building the RHW-2, but the bypas was constructed right through built-up terrain...

Before:

Wo4B0YQl.jpg

After:

8iX90Lsl.jpg

So I widened a highway *realization* and i forgot to turn off the grid... Anyway, i didn't zoom out that much in-game, because the game is working really slow on my laptop, that's why you won't get to see a complete picture of the interchange. (first post on the forum btw):

One of the exits:

SimCity42013-11-0312-58-10-36_zps67cc295

SimCity42013-11-0313-06-17-93_zps244c525

Interchange (Trumpet one btw):

SimCity42013-11-0312-48-14-07_zps0785193

SimCity42013-11-0312-58-29-84_zps1592bd4

The state existing in Crater Lake changed from an underdeveloped bankrupt Maxis-only city in July 2007 to this successful sprawling city in October 2013. I razed a few of the skyscrapers that I was initially really excited for because they were too repetitious. I like the lower skyline better, actually. I tried to preserve as many buildings as possible, marking every building as historical. The terrain is also untouched, as weird as it may be.

July 2007

473zmxH.png

October 2013

5IejiiP.png

The latest and greatest addition to the Groovington district. Brand spanking new highway (Maxis alt).

Before:

93r8.jpg

After:

axdm.jpg

Possible:

lzxz.jpg

Certainly glad to get this out of the way. Won't lie and say it didn't occasionally bring out the worst in me when things didn't go as planned.  >.<  The possible addition shouldn't be so difficult since it's mostly I-A that will be displaced.