AREA 64 Garden Park (36 x 35 ) x 4 Lots 1.0.0

(1 Review)

5 Screenshots

About This File

These lots are the largest that can be built. They are parks made up of grass textures which may be landscaped, tree-planted, and gardened with MMPs and flora to create your own fresh-air generating, health and well-being facilitating, wilderness in the city.

There are 3 versions using a set of base textures made for this project, and 1 version using the standard grass area 1x1 park in Maxis.  Also included are a set of 6 grass base textures and 1x1 grass area lots with more pollution reduction and park effect.

No Dependencies: There are no external dependencies. The base texture file is included in the zip file download.

🌎 4 Versions of the Park Include:

Ɵ AREA 64 Ecology.
Found in the Parks Menu. Based on the Zoo Reward,  provides maximum Park Effect over 100 tiles.

Ɵ AREA 64 Energy.
Found in the Power Menu and providing 25x wind power.

Ɵ AREA 64 Education.
Found in the Education Menu and providing a School EQ boost 5x the science museum.

Ɵ AREA 64 Transit
Found in the Parks Menu and providing a transit capacity of 1200 in one corner of the lot.

All lots are transit and network enabled, reduce pollution significantly, and have minimal maintenance cost. These lots will moderately impact game speed, it is recommended that only 1 be used in any city, but all 4 may be used safely.

Why are These Lots Called AREA 64?

The maximum number of props allowed on a lot is 1280, including base and overlay textures, so although Lot Editor will allow you to build a lot as large as 64 x 64 with 4096 base textures, when you plop the lot on a city tile it will be missing (4096 - 1280), or 2816 base textures. 

The largest lot that can be built that fits into the 1280 limit is 36 x 35 which equals 1260 base textures.  A 36 x 36 sized lot will have 1296 textures and will be missing 16.  So, the actual largest lot you can build is 36 x 35, but you can only add 16 props to bring the total to the limit of 1280.

Lot tiles are 16 meters wide and there are 64 of them wide in a small city adding up to 1024 meters or about 1 km.  A medium city is 128 squares or about 2 km wide (2,048 meters).  The large city, doubled in size again, is 256 x 16 = 4,096, just over 4 km wide.

Given all the above our mega-lot is (36 x 16) x (35 x 16), factored as (576 x 560) square meters (322,560) which is about equal to one-third of a square kilometer or about one-fifth of a square mile (128 acres).

If a football field is about 1 acre, and a city block is about 2 acres, our mega-lot is (128/2) about the size of 64 city blocks! 

The size of 'AREA 64' is about the same percentage of conservation area (23%) defined under the principle of 'Sustainable Development' as established in 1987.  In SC4, placing this lot in the center of a large tile and populating it with flora will somewhat demonstrate the principle according to the game dynamics.

The Blue Marble (photograph)  earth_seen_from_apollo_17_NASA.png.202007ae8a00bea59e5cfc0d12ca9e07.png  Credit: NASA

The 'Blue Marble' is an iconic photograph of Earth taken at about 29,000 kilometres away on December 7, 1972, by the crew of Apollo 17 on their way to the moon.  The image is used often in conservation presentations and has been made into a base texture and used to make the color-coded menu icons for 'AREA 64'.

Forest and Field Base Textures: (included)

The base textures are compliant with the BSC Texture Index at SC4 Devotion. To make your own, request and use a unique personal Texture ID Range at SC4D.  The Forest and Field Base Textures .dat file may be used freely for content creation as long as reference is made to prevent duplication and potential conflicts in the game software.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Joey Auburn

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Very nice looking 5/5 but I would suggest adding links for the dependencies (even though the description is really long)

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      City Link Transport Hub, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      This is a purely fictional 1980's style building designed as a transport interchange suitable for downtown and other built-up areas.
      The podium floors of this building act as a rail, subway, bus, underground park & ride and pedestrian interchange. It also allows freight trains to pass through the station. 
      The two towers are also functional and provide 1,600 jobs across all wealth levels.
      In game, this building is found in the Miscellaneous Transport Menu (about half-way down near the subway line).
      Once placed, drag two rail lines right through the building and connect the front and back of the lot to the road network using street tiles. 
      To activate the subway component of this building, simply drag the subway line anywhere into the lot (note: as this is a multifuctional lot that there is no traditional 'stub' that you have to connect to as seen in other subway buildings) and of course then connect it to other subway stations within your city. 
      Similarly if you wish to activate the bus component of the building, simply place a bus stop somewhere else on your city tile. 
      If you don't wish to use any of the subway, rail or bus features, that's fine, simply don't connect that particular feauture to the lot (you may end up with the advisors nagging about 'mass transit 101' but you can safely ignore their wailing). 
      At a minimum however, the building must be connected to the road, water and power networks or it will abandon. (N.B. I have put the 'bleeding obvious' in here as some twit recently told me that batters now have to provide "customer service" even when they are no longer active......as if providing all of this for free or your enjoyment isn't enough...lowest common denominator, here we come...yeah, baby  ) 
      This is the first in a series of multi-function transport lots that I will be releasing shortly. As this one doesn't involve NAM elevated networks and is more of a visual alternative to the ever-popular ninja boulevard kiosk, I have decided to release it separately from the upcoming pack.
      Lastly, a ****huge***** thankyou to RSC204/MGB204 who provided the modding for this file: you can be certain that the stats and values behave according to NAM methodologies. 
      STATS:
      Lot size :                6 x 5
      Plop Cost:              §5,900
      Monthly Cost:        §330
      Budget Item:          Mass Transit
      Menu:                      Miscellaneous Transport
      Capacity:                165,000
      Demand Created:  Jobs§: 400, Jobs§§: 900, Jobs§§§: 300.
      Pollution:                 Air 25 over 1 tiles, Water 13 over 2 tiles, Garbage 49 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  17 MwH
      Water consumed:  67 Gallons/Month
      Bulldoze Cost:       §560
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. 
      Either: (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) *recommended* OR (http://gizmo.aplaceforwebsite.com/index.php) OR Mashty Nite Mod: (http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=764)
      NB: External sites may require you to create an account (or log in with said account) prior to downloading. See, this is more customer service so you don't have to think 

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      The parking textures you see in some of the images are adjacent to the lot and are used as fillers. The main parking provided by this lot is the large underground area as well as a little bit at the back.
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Textures Vol01 (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90)
      NB: External sites may require you to create an account (or log in with said account) prior to downloading. See, this is more customer service so you don't have to think 
      OPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES:
      *Network Addon Mod V36 (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26793-network-addon-mod-NAM-for-windows-installer/).
      I have tested this in Vanilla mode without the NAM, and it basically works as intended. But honestly, if you intend to use this without the NAM, everyone will judge you harshly 
      *SC4Fix: third-party patches (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/). If you use the NAM or even play the game, you will want this file. Enough said :-)

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.
    • By Jarko
      Hi everybody,
      I have been playing a bunch of Cities Skylines recently, and I love the work the community has done modding trainstations and such. There is one thing bothering me though: That is that my intercity trains have to wait for the slow stopping trains, instead of passing via the other track in a station. I understand it is hard to modify the pathfinding of trains, so I thought that forcing the stopping trains to stop on the left side on the track, this would allow non-stopping trains to pass on the (default) right. 
      The setup I have is two double one-way tracks in a 4 track station.
      One thing I noticed was that in the vanilla game, the trains always enter the station so that they leave on the right side (as far as I am aware, or it was entering, something like that at least). So I was looking for a way to allow selection of either of the lanes of the station track.
      I've been spelunking a bit in the code of CS, but I must admit, I am new to modding, and a bit lost.
      So I stumbled onto this discussion and figured that maybe if I replaced the tracks in the station with double one-way tracks, this might just work. I do see that there is a special lane type for stations, so I'm not sure if this is possible without modification.

Anyways, my question is if you have any suggestions or pointers for how to approach this. Thanks
    • By radgeRayden
      For some reason, my sims just don't seem to want to go to the hospital. I have whole city coverage, checked every health institution (all of them have more than enough free beds) and yet I get constant complaints about funding. Similar problem is happening with schools too, although it's not as consistent so I'm not sure if those are related. Hence, I'll focus on the health issue.
      Here's what my Health data view looks like:

As you can see the problem is more acute around the south hospital, as even though it's more than a decade old a lot of folks are still red. The two bottom clinics are also at double digits attendence.
      I figure I could try just running the simulation a few more decades, but the north district is among the oldest and also on the red (the hospital at the top is as old as the city.
      I wonder if there's some ambulance simulation going on under the hood, and the reason health is bad is because those sims have congested roads between them and the clinics? I've also tried replopping the south hospital but that didn't fix the funding demands.
      Any insight is appreciated.
      I have the opera house fix installed btw, this never happened to me before (I played quite a lot a few year ago).
    • By kschmidt
      Hartford Container and  bulk terminal
    • By Tyberius06
      Background:
      During this autum I ran into a little problem in one of my cities. I needed some medium plazas with the dimensions of 2x3/3x2-3x4/4x3 and I couldn't find anything what I already wouldn't use in my cities, so I came up with the idea to making some new lots. The original idea wasn't about a public release, since I don't have too much experience (neither too much motivation) with plazas and I wouldn't have wasted to much time trying to make something which could be satisfying for everyone. But during the working process @tariely came up with some ideas and thoughts about nightlights (which is an other thing I'm not interested in), so she got the files to put her touch on them. Later I combined the two sets, Hers and mine, and here we are with this quite massive plaza set, which contains:
      18 medium plazas (5 - 2x3, 5 - 3x2, 2 - 2x4, 4 - 3x4, 2 - 4x3)
      3 larger plazas 6x5
      I moded the plaza effects such as pollution and things like this totally random, so don't look for any realism, I don't really care the gameplay aspect in that deep, so they can be unballanced, but if you recognize some ballancing gameplay problem, probably will know how to fix it. Hint: LE Prop or Reader tool are your friends. Of course, I'm open any suggestion, and if you have accurate values for me which numbers I should change for what, I can and will do it and can update the upload.
      The plaza plop costs are variable according to the sets:
      Heretic (yepp that's me) 2x3/3x2 plazas - 400
      Heretic 3x4/4x3 plazas - 405 
      Tariel 2x3/3x2 plazas - 410 (yepp, they are more expensive, because they are admittedly nicer, less out of the box, than mine)
      Tariel 3x4/4x3 plazas - 415
      Heretic-Tariel 6x5 plazas - 500
      Install:
      Copy the "Heretic Projects" folder from the zip (or unzip it) into your plugin folder. Highly recomended to keep the provided folder structure, because all of my uploads have the same format, and since sometime I'm working with inclouded dependencies (such as textures or descriptor datas) it's better if these "inclouded dependencies" are in the same place. If you unzipped the upload, you may delete or remove the "Documentation" folder from your Plugin Folder.
      You will find these lots in the Park Menu.
      Dependencies (it's quite a long list, but it contains pretty common prop packs, specially if you're already using Tariel's one or more parks/plazas from previous uploads):
      Props:
      BSCBATPropsMattb325_Vol02
      VIP vnaoned monuments pack
      Was Dutch Prop Pack
      BSC MEGA Props Misc vol01
      BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol02
      BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol01
      BSC Mega Props - CP Vol. 1
      BSC Mega Props - CP Vol. 2
      BSC Mega Props - MJB vol. 1
      BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol02
      BSC Mega Props - SG Vol. 1
      BSC - VIP girafe lindens
      VIP Delecto Ploppable people
      RDQ HD Prop Pack Darknite Version
      Murimk Props Vol. 2
      Porkie Props vol. 1
      NBVC Plazas with fountains
      Tamorr's Resource 2.05
      PEG MTP Super Pack
      The Reflectoblob
      BLaM FC Garden and Plaza Props
      Neko PropSet 1
      Neko PropSet 2  
      NOB Ftexture
      WMP Power Props
      Nams Props Pack vol 1
      Nams Props Pack vol 2

Rivit's special lights for Tariel, from her previous uploads
      Necessary for the lighting:
      RVT_ParkLights2.dat
      zLightCones_RVTNite.dat
      Depending on your using or not a Light Replacement Mod, the lighting will be slightly different, but There Will Be Light. (If using LRM and finding your own lights too dim, take out zLightCones_RVTNite.dat).

Textures:
      NDEX Base Texture set vol. 1
      BSC TexturePack - CycleDogg vol. 1
      BSC Textures Vol 01
      SCILT, Paeng's Sandstone Sidewalks Version (choose your own scilt variation)
      Huge thanks to Tariel for her help on this project. All the nightlights are her work, so all credits on the night lights is hers!
      Also I would like to thank to Tariel her ideas and help on the lots, and that she provided her versions for this set. The beautiful Heretic-TL 3x4 Med Virgin Mary Fountain Plaza lot is completely her vision, so all credit is hers!
      Enjoy!
      - Tyberius

EDIT:  I left out one dependency, now the Ftexture.dat is attached to the dependencies here (but the included readme doesn't contian that - sorry for that).
      EDIT 2: fixing broken dependency link (BSC MEGA Props - swi vol. 1)