Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco, California USA 1.0.0

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is one of the extra landmarks originally for Plain SimCity 3000 only which @catty-cb has maintained on her site and now has kindly passed over to us here at Simtropolis for hosting. That version will not work in SC3K Unlimited so I converted it. Place this in your C:\GOG Games\SimCity 3000 Unlimited\Apps\PlugIn\ folder.

You will notice this landmark is not my creation and credit for keeping it alive goes to catty. This STEX entry will stay under my name tho since I'm in charge of the new SimCity 3000 Sub-Forum and I'll be the one to reply to comments or questions. The original file can be found in the landmarkpack1-sc3.zip in the Plain SimCity 3000 Stuff entry.

For the curious, how I did the conversion is elucidated here.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By AndisArt

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SimCity 3000!
      SimCity 3000 turns 19 today and in celebration here is your chance to get your favorite buildings from the game into SimCity 4!
      From now until Sunday, February 11th 6pm UTC you can nominate up to three of your favorite buildings from SimCity 3000. Then the content creators will pick from the most popular votes and recreate these buildings for SimCity 4! 
      Here are the rules:
      each user can post up to three buildings for nomination buildings must be original SimCity 3000 content (incl. Add-On content) and not be custom made buildings must not be from the landmarks category with real-world buildings, only original designs from the game nominations are required to be showing a clear image of the building, preferably with the original ingame name if possible please post your nominations individually, so that each building can be liked. the most liked buildings will be considered for creation. Users can give likes to as many buildings as they want For submitting the nominations you can use pictures from the internet or from the SimCity 3000 STEX section, play the game and make a screenshot (please note the name of building as well) or check this selection of SimCity 3000 buildings found here (with names): 
      For BATers: This project is open to all BATers, if you want to participate, post here or send me a PM. Your involvement can be as small or big as you like. There will be two rounds of due dates for the submission of the buildings, targeted for March and April respectively. BATers are not required to lot their buildings if they dont want to and can just submit their creation as a SimCity4 .model file. 
      So far we have for creating BATs:  JP Schriefer, MushyMushy, Diego del Llano, jasoncw, mattb325, nofunk and myself
      Happy submitting and good luck!
    • By AndisArt
      AndisArt presents:
      Iris Bay
      Origin:                      Business Bay, Dubai
      Construction:          2013 - 2016
      Building Height:      170m
      Floors:                      32
      Architects:               WS Atkins & Partners
      Purpose:                  Office
      Lot Size:                  4x6
      Contains 2 different lots:
      Plop Cost:               175.000
      Monthly Cost:         0
      Landmark Effect:   90, Radius 30
      Mayor Rating:         10, Radius: 256

Plobbable with Jobs
      Office Jobs:             2460 CO$$$
      Plop Cost:                174.010

Available in MAXISNITE or DARKNITE, chose only one at a time!
      Dependency:  If you want the cars to show up in the parking lots you need to download my Modern HD Car Props pack.
      Installation Instructions:
      Extract the file folder and copy it to your SimCity 4 Plugins folder (usually MyDocuments/SimCity 4/Plugins). Buildings can be found in Landmark menu, sorted by plop cost.
      Most files have been packed in a .dat file which is required, do not delete. The two different lot files (landmark and ploppable with jobs) are left as seperate files and so that they can be used alone or both at the same time.  
      The DarkNite version (DN) requires SimFox's Day and Nite Mod.
      Only use either the MaxisNite or the DarkNite version, you cannot use both at the same time!
      Note:  Due to the nature of the building shape anti-alliasing had to be enabled on this model. Enabling anti-aliasing can sometimes produce grafic glitches when two anti-aliased BATs are overlapping each other.
    • By lmca9000
      The Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (SEBIN) is an internal and external intelligence and counterintelligence agency of Venezuela.
      This model includes two versions, a landmark version and another as a functional police station. 
    • By Sciurus
      Eglise de Gorcy
      This building is the reproduction of a church situated in Gorcy, France. 
      The upload includes:
      PLOP_2x3_S54 - Eglise de Gorcy The default version of the building will provide no jobs, it's just a landmark.

Important ! If you don’t download them, you could have brown boxes or problems with the textures.
      BSC - VIP girafe berries BSC - VIP girafe chestnuts BSC - VIP girafe urbanpack vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol 01 BSC TexturePack Cycledogg V 01b S54 - PropPack Vol1 _________________________

Simply unzip the the downloaded .zip file into your plugins folder. The aren't any extraneous files in the folder (like images) so you don't have to worry about deleting anything.

Model and modding by Sciurus, thanks to girafe for his gentle authorization for using his car models.
      If you have questions or problems you can leave me a message in my Simtropolis thread or SC4Devotion thread.
      Sciurus from KSTeam
    • By KOSMO*
      The model is not 100% accurate to real world due to several complications during modeling. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.
      You'll find it in the landmarks menu.
      As usual in my BATs, no dependency is required.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections