3 Screenshots

About This File

On the STEX you'll find several different kinds of power plants representing a variety of post-doctorate theses on the advance of energy technology.  The Energy Data Packaging Plant represents my contribution to the plausible power plants collection.

This plant packs more energy data into subatomic particles. Nuclear structure remains intact and the laws of thermodynamics are not broken, you just get more "bang" for your boson, thus, the Energy Data Packaging Plant generates 4X the power of the hydrogen fusion core using the wind turbine as its examplar.  H2O is produced equal to the volume of a large water pump.

Well-educated technicians and maximum funding are recommended as a 2 picosecond delay before the acceleration of light must be maintained to prevent a supernova reaction.

All props and lighting are Maxis dependent.

INSTALL:  Add the 'Energy Data Packaging Plant' folder containing the lot file to your 'User\ Documents\ SimCity 4\ Plugins' folder.

The animated preview above shows the 5 zoom levels of SC4 trimetric projection.  The water connection preview shows where to connect the pipe.

What's New in Version 2.1.0

Released

Version 2.1

Revision:  Added the same 'Demand Created' property values for jobs as the nuclear power plant, and added the same 'Hard Failure' type as the nuclear power plant, so the plant will explode if it  reaches the end of its term of operation, but will not spew radiation.   

Added to the zip-file a list of many of the alternate power plants found on the STEX, and an HTML Preview and Install file.

Fixed Occupant Group to add water building and water pipe flow

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

My initial reaction on this lot was: 
Why the heck is there advertising on the side of a power plant?
and then:
The building almost complete fills the lot.  There couldn't have been much of a relot job involved.

This is the very reason I hate ratings and or votes based solely off of how the picture looks.  One tends to miss the real details of the work, good or bad.  Without digging, I wouldn't have discovered the extent of your work.

So, I'm always on the look out for alternative power plants, especially ones that don't exist (and may never exist) in the real world.  Since SC4 is essentially ageless and is not designed to simulate RL, no one should complain about something because "it just isn't realistic."

Second, I've always been in awe of those who can take a dozen or more disparate building and other props and meld them into a seamless building that didn't previously exist.  Some people have been able to pull it off better than others.  You've done a masterful job!

There were a couple of elements that caused me to cock my head and say Huh?  Like the "jumbotron" props, and aircraft logos on various parts of the "building."  But if one "digs" into how you constructed this building and looks at the props used, one realizes that the aircraft logos are just part of the props used.  Barring the existence of some other prop without any logos or other decoration, that could fulfill the same purpose, it is what it is.  Then one realizes that the "jumbotron" props were used to hide parts of other elements that really would have detracted from the overall aesthetic.

So, great job on both the creativity needed to "create something from (almost) nothing."  And great job on being able to put all these pieces together in a way that makes it look like a homogeneous "whole!"

Having said all that there are possibly two things I would have changed, and that being in the building exemplar.  Based on your description, specifically the 3rd paragraph, I would have added at least civic jobs, if not I-HT jobs.  And I would have changed the Hard Failure Type to "High Energy" rather than "doesn't explode."  Then everything would have fit in with your story line.

Your relot does not necessarily match what people would normally expect when they hear relot (i.e. typical building model, new building exemplar (maybe changing the purpose of the building), new lot with different props).  But it still meets the intent of the competition as well as the specifications for the competition (even if not strictly following the intent of the specifications (i.e. they are probably looking for a "classic" relot as described above.  I will probably take the time to actually vote on challenge

Share this comment

10 hours ago, twalsh102 said:

Having said all that there are possibly two things I would have changed, and that being in the building exemplar.  Based on your description, specifically the 3rd paragraph, I would have added at least civic jobs, if not I-HT jobs.  And I would have changed the Hard Failure Type to "High Energy" rather than "doesn't explode."  Then everything would have fit in with your story line.

Yes, I see the need to make those changes, providing high tech jobs and changing the risk factor so its all consistent with the story.  Thanks.

Share this comment