Cheat: Groundscrubber (Single Player Only) 1.03

(8 Reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

The groundscrubber cheat is comprehensive and requires both the base game and EP1 (Cities of Tomorrow).  You may experience issues if you have also installed other mods that affect any aspect of the groundscrubber. All of the cheats reduce resource requirements while greatly increasing desired output. Usable only in single player mode.

The package file modifies the following instances, and for that reason, may prove incompatible with other mods that do the same:

Modified instances: (see screenshot for SimCityPak).

Ground Scrubber

What this mod does:

• No plop or maintenance cost.
  • Power and water requirements greatly reduced
  • Controlnet reduced to 1.
  • Processing increased to 900 just under 6600 tons of ground pollution per hour (see screen shots for pollution removed in just a few game-hours).
  • No air pollution.
  • Cleans up all forms of pollution (radiation, ground pollution faster).

Note: I did not increase the radius of the ground scrubber.

To use:

Place all files in SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages.  If you already have the script files, you don't need to put them in there again, just the included package file.

If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.

If you use this file, delete and replop any existing ground scrubbers. Same holds true if you remove the file.

What's New in Version 1.03   View Changelog

Released

• 1.0 Initial Upload
  • 1.01 Fixed a file upload issue. I think I caught this before anyone downloaded it, but if you downloaded 1.0, my apologies, please download 1.01.
  • 1.02 Reduced the water consumption by just a little bit more so that it has practically no impact on my water mod's ability to flood a region's water table.
  • 1.03 Increased capacity from 900 tons to just under 6600 tons. Greatly increased the speed with which polution (ground pollution, radiation) gets cleaned up.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I understand you have not increased the radius; however is that possible to increase the radius of ground scrubber? If so it would be wonderful.

Share this comment

I have the cities of tommorow but the control net does not go down or will it change anything. Same with the garbage mod with the atomizer and also the sewage one the sewage and garbage atomizer are not changed but everything else has but for this nothing changed in my game. Anything I should do?

Share this comment

This mod is not working but the others work this mod changes nothing for the ground scrubber also I am having problems with the sewage and garbage ones the sewage to water thing has not changed in price control net or anything but the others have. For the garbage the atomizer has not changed but everything else has. Anything I should do to make them work?

Share this comment

Anything I should do to make them work?

Try this:

1.  Save the game once you create a new region or city, quit, launch the game again.  Some times that helps.

2.  Destroy any existing facilities and re-plop.

Share this comment

I tried them both before my first post and tried it again now and it doesn't do a thing the ground scrubber still doesn't change and the sewage sanitizer and garbage atomizer still didn't change. It's as if everything that needs COT doesn't change

Share this comment

Yes I put everything in each mod in the user data folder but windows tells me do u want to replace the item and I click yes is that what I'm supposed to do?

Share this comment

You can try to copy the same files (the two that I supplied) from SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame into SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages.  That will give you clean copies of those files.

Not sure what else would be wrong.  You're playing offline, right?

Share this comment

If the two script files are already in your folder, you don't need to keep copying them. They are the same from mod to mod (at least the ones supplied from my mods are).  You should only need to copy the mod itself into the user folder.  The only thing I can think of is that you downloaded a mod at one point that modified SimCityDLCEP1-Scripts_287520926.package.  Copy it from SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame into SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages, destroy the scrubber, replop it, and see what happens.

Share this comment

I'm sorry but this mod still does not work anything COT related does not change also the drones for the other ones are 50 each except the fire station i only get four i do have the drone enhancement pack though would that change things? Should I post screenshots of my folders or my games or what? Thanks

Share this comment

The mod would be in conflict with the drone enhancement pack.   You'll need to decide which one you'd rather keep based on your own tastes.

I was thinking of a different mod.  The drone enhancement pack, if all it does is modify drones, will not affect the groundscrubber, but would affect my police, fire, and hospital mods.

Share this comment

Ok but what about the COT items not working still. Should I send a photo or what garbage atomizer sewage sanitizer and ground scrubber still not changing! What should I do?!?!?!

Share this comment

SimCityDude14 --

Caution for about what I'm about to tell you to do:  DO NOT Remove anything in SimCity\SimCityData folder that starts with the name:   SimCity_ or version_ and do not remove/modify the Config and Locale folders.

Those are part of the game, so don't just gut the directory.

Start with basic trouble shooting. 

1.  Take out all your mods except the scrubber (and use the scripts that I included with it). 

2.  Start a new region. Save the region.  Quit the game.  Open it back up again. 

3.  Get your town going.  Add a controlnet thingy so you get some controlnet.

4.  Plant a new scrubber and determine whether it is behaving as expected.

If it does, then start adding other modifications back, one by one.  Launch the game each time, and each time, try planting another scrubber and see if it works as expected.  Always plant a new one.  Don't expect that something hasn't broken just because an existing one seems to working.

Be sure to remove the mods in both the user folder as well as the data folder.  Good luck.

Share this comment

I deleted all mods except the ground scrubber started simcity made a new region started a city saved and scrolled over the ground scrubber and it still says 100,000 simoleons and still does not have 1 control net also in the zip file when I extract and go into the user data foler it is a windows folder should I move the mods out of the folder or keep them in the folder in the userdata folder?

Share this comment

@SimCityDude --- take all 3 files out of any folders inside the .rar file that you downloaded and move them into:

SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages

If you do not see a Packages folder inside SimCityUserData, create it.

Share this comment