About This File
Both Engine 10 and Ladder 10 were organized from Volunteer Fire Companies in 1865 and each had several homes before being brought together at Liberty Street in 1984.
The Ten House, located on Liberty Street directly across from where the World Trade Center stood, suffered significant damage and was nearly destroyed on September 11, 2001.
Although it was unable to be used as a firehouse after the collapse of the towers, the quarters of Engine 10 and Ladder 10 nevertheless played a vital role in the daily operations at ground zero. During the early days of the rescue and recovery operations and even during the clean up of the site, Ten House was used as a rest and recuperation station as well as a command post for fire department operations at the site.
This department has sworn in more than 2,100 probationary firefighters, promoted a new generation of leadership, and replaced more than 92 key pieces of equipment, including engines, ladder trucks and ambulances since 9-11-01.
Full details are in the readme file.