Dirktator

STEX CDs and Donations

368 posts in this topic Last Reply

I would just like to thank every one who worked on this wonderful CD/DVD! I received it yesterday in the mail, I live in Australia so it took a while but worth the wait! Once again Thank you to the wonderful Simtropolis community and all the people who made this disk 4.gif.

Hey, on the Paypal site, when I change my country to US, it will not give me an option to choose which state I live in. It still gives me canadian province choices. I have refreshed the page, opened a new browser window, and tried selecting other countries, but it still will only give me the option to choose canadian districts. Anyone help?

Hey, on the Paypal site, when I change my country to US, it will not give me an option to choose which state I live in. It still gives me canadian province choices. I have refreshed the page, opened a new browser window, and tried selecting other countries, but it still will only give me the option to choose canadian districts. Anyone help?

hi.

Thank you for my CD2 already received.

and I made another donation by the CD3, expected shortly, to continue working with the large group of SIMTROPOLIS.

thanks again.

Originally posted by: arca

Hey, on the Paypal site, when I change my country to US, it will not give me an option to choose which state I live in. It still gives me canadian province choices. I have refreshed the page, opened a new browser window, and tried selecting other countries, but it still will only give me the option to choose canadian districts. Anyone help?quote>

Apologies for the delayed reply... I'm not sure if dirk has much control over that, I believe that is something that is controlled on PayPal's end.

However, you can try giving dirk a shout at dirktator(at)simtropolis.com . 4.gif

Hello

Thanks, I received my CD2;

I made another donation to receive the CD3 and hope to receive soon, to continue to contribute to the great group of Simtropolis.

Thanks again.

a little question: is it possible to get a digital download version of the CD's after the required donation? (that way users are able to download the image file themselfs and burn it, also: users wont have to wait till the disks arrive over the mail)

The problem with offering a download, is that the file would be so large it would chew up bandwidth and would also be at risk of piracy.

Originally posted by: JosKawai

2 weeks ago I donate $ 30 to get the CD3 and have not received, how long would have to wait, I'm anxious.

thank you very muchquote>

Email dirk directly - he sends the discs out.

dirktator(at)simtropolis.com 

I donated 17/9 and recieved my two discs today 5/10. (I live in Sweden, EU)

Thanx for the great timing, I´m free from work tomorrow 44.gif

Hi all,

I'm interested in buying disc 2 and 3 for 45$ but I would like to know a bit more about what's on them?

The STEX infopage only summerizes that there are over 1500 bats and so many lots but I want more detailed info..

For example, does it include NAM, and which version, which dependancies are on it, does it have seawalls (which ones), etc,...

Or do these collections 2 and 3 include everything that's on the ST exchange?

tnx

I'd like to ask something similar.

Basically, resolving dependencies on this site is the same nightmare I remember from a couple of years back - one of the main reasons I haven't played SC4 for so long now. I'm tempted to pick up these DVDs just to avoid spending a weekend arranging a working plugins folder.

Couple of questions:

Is there a list of bats included, or at least a 'highlights' list - there are a few mods and bats that I take as essential (such as NAM) and would like the check that they're on the DVDs

How up-to-date are they? Are the DVDs burned from the same ISO each time, or are they updated to include up-to-date copies of the files. Or is there an in-built way of checking for updates from STEX?

Finally, what's happened to the first cd? Have the items on that been added to 2&3? Is it possible to get that in a 3cd bundle? Or is it too old now?

In which case; are there any 'essentials' on CD1 that aren't on CD2or3 that I should look to download in addition?

I don't know all the answers for you guys, but I'll try my best. 4.gif

I believe it has the NAM, however it may be an outdated version.. I honestly don't know if dirk updates the disks regularily. I think, though, that they are all burned from the same ISO.

As for the first CD, most of its contents would be considered wildly out of date at this point in time. Really anything that was on it has either been remade or improved upon. 4.gif

For more specifics, try giving Dirk an email.. his email is found at the bottom of every page... dirktator(at)simtropolis.com 4.gif

everything seems to be right with pay pall but for me its not.

when i try to make a payment using pay pall it says that they could not verify the card, can someone help?

Is pay pall under 18 years?

Originally posted by: biplingen

ive donated for the dvd around november 13th. bu i havent recieved anything yet. has the dvd benn posted?quote>

Dirk did mention in a news article that the shipments for the mid November orders were going to be delayed about a week.. if you don't receive it by the end of this week, try sending an email his way: dirktator(at)simtropolis.com

zolly: I'm not too sure how PayPal works, myself, however they should have a customer support area that you might try contacting.

Hi,

I've donated for the 2 STEX DVDs on saturday the 12th of december (2 days before the monday morning deadline)

I was wondering when will my order arrive in Belgium??

12th of December? It's currently 4 January, so I think it should have arrived by now. I would guess however that, if it weren't for the holidays, it should have arrived within 2 weeks.

Regards,

Korot

Originally posted by: Korot

12th of December? It's currently 4 January, so I think it should have arrived by now. I would guess however that, if it weren't for the holidays, it should have arrived within 2 weeks.

Regards,

Korotquote>

Hmm that didn't really set my mind at ease... I've mailed to Dirk too but he hasn't replied yet... I hope there's nothing wrong?

Here's part of my paypal payment:

You sent a payment of $45,00 USD to Dirk.

This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to PAYPAL *PAYPAL.

Merchant information

Dirk

paypal@simtropolis.com

Instructions to merchant

None provided

Shipping information

Antwerpen 2018

Belgium

Shipping method

Not specified

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Minimum $45 Donation for Volume 2 and 3 set

Item #: SET0203

$45,00 USD 1 $45,00 USD
pixel.gif
Total: $45,00 USD

It's been 3 days since my last post, asking about the delivery delay.

I would have hoped for a moderator to reply but appearantly that's too much an effort.....

3 days ago, I've mailed to dirktator@simtroplis aswell, still no reply.

I think that Dirk and his associates should be more respectful towards people who give donations. Also, $45 is a lot of money for me.

Did you email @simtroplis or @simtropolis? Just ruling that out first off... 3.gif

If that's not our problem, I'll see if I can check with some of the Admins. 4.gif

If you have been waiting a while for your discs, I can understand that you are worried, and yes, $45 is a lot to spend without quickly getting something tangible in return. That said, just a general note to anyone who is experiencing problems:

1)  I can assure you that dirk takes donations very seriously, and he doesn't want anybody to be left without their DVD's. If there are problems, either PM him or send an email to dirktator (at) simtropolis.com. He might take a while to reply, as he is a busy guy, but the problem WILL be resolved.

2) I have at some point ordered all of the CD/DVD collections, and they have taken up to 3.5 weeks to reach me, and I live only a few hundred miles away from where the DVD's are sent from. This isn't a complaint, I'm just pointing out that various issues such as international shipping, production delays, or real-life problems can slow things down. Despite this, my discs have ALWAYS come.

-Kevin