Sign in to follow this  
CapTon

Upcoming Patches and Updates: What Do You Want To See? (UPDATE 8 RELEASED, OUTDATED!)

Update/Patch 8.0 (Pick Multiple Things)  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see in Update/Patch 8.0?

• Subways
    • Bigger Maps
    • New Regions
    • Agriculture
    • Offline Play
    • More Transportation Options (other than Subways)
    • Ability to Upgrade Train Stations/Add Trains
    • More Modules Available To Municipal Airport
    • More Ways In/Out of City
    • Spaces Filled In Between Cities
    • Trade Tuning/Adjusting
    • Great Works Tuning/Adjusting
    • Get Rid of Unrealistic Disasters
    • Add More Weather Options/Weather-Related Disasters
    • Terraforming Within City
    • Other (please specify in post/reply)

115 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello, SimCity players and welcome to:

Upcoming Updates/Patches: What Do You Want To See?

About:

I came up with the idea a couple hours ago, so I decided to create this thread. I noticed that on the official SimCity forums, they have something like this, but no one really uses it, so I decided to create something like it here.

*****Note: Please tell me if someone has done this already. I checked the forum but I just want to be sure.

So right now, I'm asking you: What do you want to see in Update/Patch 8.0? Just vote in the poll! You can only vote once, but you're allowed to have multiple choices.

Didn't see anything you liked up there or want to have another idea in mind? Vote "Other" and then tell me what you want in a reply/post. 

This thread will be updated regularly or new threads may be created. It will be updated when everyone gets information on what's to come for Update 8.0.

Enjoy!

Essentially everything that currently keeps us from being able to create realistic-looking cities, including (but not limited to) much bigger maps, freeways, subways, region-level terraforming, terraforming within cities, side-by-side cities (i.e., no mysterious empty expanses between cities).

• Original Poster
  • Heck, I checked EVERYTHING! :rofl:

That's great :D

Essentially everything that currently keeps us from being able to create realistic-looking cities, including (but not limited to) much bigger maps, freeways, subways, region-level terraforming, terraforming within cities, side-by-side cities (i.e., no mysterious empty expanses between cities).

I added terraforming within city :)

Air ambulances

Excellent point, there are fire helicopters, police helicopters but air ambulances! I don't know about other countries but u don't get many fire helicopters in the uk!!

Subways (that aren't bugged) are also something I'd like to see!

I would also like to see new great works added (not dlc) and route mapping for units such as buses and garbage trucks!!

• Original Poster
  • Elevated Rails over roads would be extremely beneficial.  

That could work too :) it'd be pretty cool and look realistic.

• Original Poster
  • Allowing us to plop train stations on avenues or existing roads without that stupid bit of automatic road would be good too.

Yeah :) that'd be cool. That bit of road always made me frustrated because I could never get it to look right when connecting it to an avenue or another road.

• Original Poster
  • i'd like to see a city which wasn't made of 95% R buildings and still telling me it has a worker shortage

A bug with Update 6?

Everything else first bigger maps dead last..  No point having bigger maps if the game does not behave itself first..

Guess that's true, although bigger maps would be nice :)

Bigger maps, terraforming, offline mode, subways, contiguous city tiles, more transportation options (i.e. NAM style + Transport Tycoon themed) and more RCI buildings.

They throw in those things and I will be a happy camper!

Additionally, though these wish-list items are less important, this game needs to be opened up to modding. EA/Maxis need to give a clear green light to modding plus reveal all the secrets of SC2013's code. When the core game is decent then EA/Maxis could save themselves a vast amount of trouble by letting the modders tweak an offline version of the game.

Finally texture improvements, additional props and more flora types will bring this game to life.

Okay so I voted for these to be add in priority :

A) Bigger Maps

I'm not really annoyed with the city size exept when I try to fill up my university. For some reason I just can't,  so more space for more population would be appreciated.

B) Agriculture

That would be a great new specialization, it would fresh up the game and bring up new things. So I'm all for it !

C) Ability to Upgrade Train Stations/Add Trains

If I had to wait 754 minutes to catch a train, I would have filled the entire station with exploded bubble wrap as an act of terrorism. Also more railways on one track would be great (2 in each direction)

D)Spaces Filled In Between Cities

This just looks ridiculous right now. Even if you fill it with mountains or forest I don't care, but as of now, it just looks like this is sacred ground which can't be build on.

E) Trade Tuning/Adjsuting

The price fluctuation of alloy are ridiculous ! 37k this morning and 50k this evening ? At this price it's almost impossible for new players to start a processor buisness. We should be able to confine the global market to the influence of the region itself. So in this case bigger regions would be appreciated (25/30 cities).

F)Get Rid of Unrealistic Disasters

This lizard is OP. Each time, he succesfully destroy for at least 500,000 $ of public investment ! Where's my airforce when I need it ?

G) Add More Weather Options/Weather-Related Disasters

Not a priority, but snow would look nice :) (And it better not paralize my traffic :< )

H) More Ways In/Out of the city

Just like in real life, why not make ring roads with two/three exits ? And more access ramp also. Because currently vehicles passes from a 3way to road to a 1way then a 3way again, which kills the flow.

I didn't vote for Offline Play because I mostly play online. And if I can't, then I don't play and do something else or I use my cellphone as a modem.

/my2cents

• Original Poster
  • Another addition I'd like to see is Motels/Hotels turned into a Specialization rather than spawning from commercial.  

That'd be nice, too. I hate my tourism advisor telling me I need hotels and whatnot when I can't even plop them on my own.

• Original Poster
  • More ways in and out of the cities? Use Kalone's BOC! Its available right now! The most essential lifesaver you need in Simcity 2013.

(click here for original size)

I use that mod, and it does work great, but I think it'd really help the attitude of the SimCity gaming community if this feature was added :)

This is EA , how about 'any' of the above option ?

Nah, I'd just rather have everyone click multiple options :)