About This File
The water cheat is comprehensive and requires both the base game and EP1 (Cities of Tomorrow). You may experience issues if you have also installed other mods that affect any aspect of water.
The package file modifies the following instances, and for that reason, may prove incompatible with other mods that do the same:
Modified instances: (see screenshot for SimCityPak).
Basic Water Pump
Hydro Pumping Station
Water Pumping Station
Water Treatment Plant
What this mod does:
- If you plop the water pumping station and add a single filtration pump to it, then over time, the water table will first stabilize, and then grow. See screenshots.
- Greatly increased the pumping station's output.
- Number of workers required to start operating set to 1.
- No plop or maintenance cost for any other water facility (tower / hydropump).
Place all files in SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages. If you already have the script files, you don't need to put them in there again, just the included package file.
If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.
If you use this file, delete and replop any existing water facilities. Same holds true if you remove the file.
What's New in Version 1.1
- 1.0 Initial Upload
- 1.1 I had to get more aggressive with how I was flooding the water table for how much industry was using. The water pumps are still 80kgal/hour, but the water filter is now 120kgal/hour (used to be also 80). Use 1.1 of my water mod with 1.1 of my sewage mod, and the water table will flood fairly quickly (you can start to see a positive difference in approximately 10 minutes), especially if they're plopped next to each other. I recommend just 1 tank and 1 filter for the water plant, and 1 filter tank for the treatment plant.