The Illyrian Empire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Tisnov Area - Part 3

Daan300

Finally back with a new entry. After a long time I finally managed to finish the last part of the Tisnov area. This update will feature the city of Tisnov, several villages and a few overviews of the entire area.

The city of Tisnov was founded in 1061 and to this day it is the seat of the diocese of Tisnov. The old city consists of two parts: the Old Town and the left bank of the river which runs through the city, and the so-called Bischop's Town where the city's cathedral is located. Inbetween, on a tiny island in the river, is the old city hall. Let's have a look.

The cathedral and the Bishop's palace.

LVA05_zps03bf29f1.jpg

The old city hall.

LVA07_zps1d5464e4.jpg

An overview of the Bishop's Town.

LVA08_zps9fd9dd67.jpg

The Old Town and its main parish church.

LVA09_zpsec490394.jpg

LVA06_zps5ebd0fae.jpg

Two overviews of the old city center and the surrounding areas.

LVA10_zps3a39345d.jpg

LVA04_zps8d13e9e2.jpg

Adjacent to Tisnov is the ancient village of Hlohovec.

LVA11_zps7af5bfeb.jpg

On the other side of the ponds (see part 1 and 2) is the town of Klárov.

LVA12_zpsdb70b821.jpg

LVA13_zpsbe3ddd2f.jpg

An additional view of Lednice with the gardens of the local chateau(see part 2).

LVA02_zpsedf9ee5d.jpg

And finally, two overviews of the Tisnov area. For orientation (first picture): on top the city of Tisnov, to the left Valtice (see part 1), bottom left Klárov and to the right Lednice (see part 2).

LVA00_zpsa4c12997.jpg

LVA01_zps129a8936.jpg

28 Comments

Recommended Comments

This is wonderful. The square and church, and then the bridge!! Just beautiful city scenes.

Edit: and congratulations, you're number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.

Share this comment

A lovely European town, one of the nicest i've seen. But it does seem to just start from nowhere looking a little odd 

Share this comment

thank you  this obviously took a lot of time and artistic talent to create such a realistic and also beautiful urban area   there are some buildings I don't remember seeing before

Share this comment

I think your abilities and talents are at a completely different level than most of us.  What an incredible and seamless city.   You'd never know that the game is divided into thousands of tiny squares with impossible rules attached.  

I would love to see a play-by-play city, as in, you post pictures as you build so we can see some of your secrets.  You've got some blending tricks I've never seen before.  

Thanks for sharing your work. 

Share this comment

I quite like that it starts a little abruptly. Like a bit more of a fringe would be awesome but like it could be a small old town boundary or something? I think this is a brilliant city. +1'd

Share this comment