New SorGun

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Something Salty This Way Comes

SimCoug

Howdy stranger! Wow, this CJ took a dive off the ol' cliff. Where has the time gone? Two months since the last update? Well slap me silly and call me a scalaywag.

But before the tar and feathers, let me appeal with an excuse... Historic Harbor is nearing completion!

Vortext, krashspeed and I have been burning the midnight oil getting things ready for a release.

Where's the evidence you say?

How bout' these...

HH%20Fill-Fence%20Set%20copy.jpg

HH%20Pier%20Set%20copy.jpg

HH%20Quay-Crane%20Set%20copy.jpg

And there's more where those came from. We're looking at about 100 lots in total. :)

And to fill up those lots, krashspeed has created over 1,000 buildings and props that will make your mouth drool.

But don't take my word for it:

HH%20preview.jpg

HH%20preview2.jpg

HH%20workers%20preview.jpg

We're working on the finishing touches, but rest assured, construction on Historic Harbor is nearly complete :)

HH%20UC%20preview2.jpg

But before you go, I want to thank everyone who has stopped by and supported this CJ over the past year. I am honored and humbled that New SorGun was recognized as the #1 CJ in 2013 according to Ben's Top Ten.

quyd.jpg

Your comments and support encorage me to keep up this CJ - and keep it up I will. With the Historic Harbor project nearing completion I have begun to work on the next few updates. Big changes are in store, so stay tuned :)

Oh, and one last thing! It's Trixie time, so please take a moment and nominate some of the great members of this community for all the hard work they put in over the past year. Don't know where to start? Well take a look at some of the top downloads over the past year in the STEX. Or maybe there's a member who is always making great posts in the forums. And don't forget some of your favorite CJers. Taking 10 minutes to submit a few nominations is a great way to say thanks and keep this community a fun place to visit. Thanks!

29 Comments

Recommended Comments

It's been months since I followed this CJ but I'm glad to see you're persevering with it! Your work is getting better and better and the political and social tensions are getting thicker. Very exciting stuff! I hope you keep working on this, you've got something remarkable here. And when is Hiram Colfax going to make his next appearance? I think it's time he takes his business to New SorGun, that's where the real money is! 

Share this comment

My god! This is exactly what I been waiting for in this cj for months now! The industrial era beginning in New Sorgun!

I can tell that this was well worth the wait, and that this cj will not only continue to be just fantastic overall, but will deliver something new; an incredible and realistic look at the urbanisation and industrialisation that many cities in America saw during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

This is a truly ambitious project, and i'm so glad that someone like you came around and did it. To see that you spent all this time to develop these props and lots for the sake of making this series that much more detailed really proves that this is infact the greatest cj on Simtropolis.

Share this comment