• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Vistalegre: Tenements!

SC4L0ver

Replies:

grstudios: Thank you!!!

TowerDude: Thank you!! :golly:

Fox: Thank you!! The building is called "the Beehive" and it's on the STEX.

Hellken: Those are eye-candy lots. I'm planning to release some pedmalls with that textures, but I don't know what texture pack was, for dependencies.

ggamgus: Thank you!! :golly:

vivapanda: Thank you too!!!

suomi2005: Thank you!!!

Jacob Guajardo: Thank you!!!

KonstantinII: Not exactly :D

Benedict: Thank you!!

Hazani Pratama: Thanks!!!

cdn94: Thank you!!

joseluisjuancar: Vistalegre es la ciudad, que es una copia barata de Madrid está inspirada en Madrid. La plaza ya sé que es Las Ventas, y ya pensé que alguien se podía confundir :D

IL. : Thank you!!! Personally I like bullfighting, but I understand people that are against it.

OK. So we start today's update. As the title says I will show..... tenements! :D

First of all, a 90% of the Vistalegrian population live in flats, and Vistalegre's population is around 6.500.000 inhabitants (almost 10.000.000 in its metropolitan area), so the Vistalegre cityscape (and most of the Iberian cities' one) is full of apartment blocks.

banner10z.jpg

First, we visit some buildings near the VA10 motorway, Vistalegre's inner ring road. (Motorways are usually numbered as Axx, being "xx" numbers from 1 to 99, ring roads are a special case, but this will be explained in a special update). These buildings were built in the '70s and '80s, and medium class families live in them mainly.

A pic of the motorway...

autopista1.jpg

Some mosaics of the area...

pisos1.jpg

pisos2.jpg

The ring road seen from the buildings...

autopista2.jpg

Let's move on.....

bannerciudadjardin.jpg

Ciudad Jardín is a quiet neighbourhood in the outskirts of Vistalegre, 30 min. driving or 25 min. by subway. It's an example of a standard modern district developed in the 2000s, with wide streets, modern buildings and bicycle paths. Here are some pictures...

ciudadjardin2.jpg

Economic crysis that Nueva Iberia suffers since 2007 has affected the construction. We can see empty clearings where new housing projects were planned to be built, but those plans were cancelled.

ciudadjardin3.jpg

Last, but not least, a mosaic of Ciudad Jardín:

ciudadjardin1.jpg

Hope you liked it!!! :golly:

18 Comments

Recommended Comments

Real nice! The custom stuff making it unlike any other city I've seen on here, really original. Very realistic.

Share this comment

@grstudios - Considering that there are ploppable prop vehicles on those roads, they're just lot edited eye candy lots, not side-street mods :P

Oh, and amazing update, high quality with no details spared at ALL!!!! And the building choice and selection is exquisite. It kinda puts my new CJ to shame :P

Share this comment

May I know the name of those brown almost round residential buildings? Would like to have them on my cities.

Share this comment