• Comments
  • Views

Vistalegre: A tiny little update

Sign in to follow this  
SC4L0ver

Replies:

grstudios: Thank you very much!! :golly:

mystic_destiny: Thank you too!!!

TekindusT: Thank you!! Actually there aren't many :D but I took elements from other cities too. The Vía Imperial, for example, starts pretty much like the Champs Elysées but it ends being like la Castellana :D

Hazani Pratama: Thank you!!

ggamgus: That's a high rating I don't deserve :D Anyway, thank you!!!

Jacob Guajardo: Thank you!!!

vivapanda: Thank you!!!

city89: Thank you!!! PM me if you want the links. Many of them are from ILL Tonkso at STEX.

banner1gd.jpg

OK, We start. Today don't expect a large update like the previous one, we are going to visit two places in Vistalegre, both of them are small areas unlike the last update. So we start (now!)

Plaza de toros Monumental: (Monumental Bullring) Built in 1927 and revamped in the mid '60s, it's Vistalegre's only bullring. Bullfighting has been a popular entertainment in the country for ages, despite being offset by football in the mid XXth century. They used to be bullfights every week but since the '80s or so, they decreased its number enormously, so now the bullfights take place only three weeks a year, during the Feria de San Lorenzo. It's too a very controversial show, being very criticized by animal-rights supporters. Anyway, it's still a popular entertainment nowadays and a major tourist attraction.

Well, here are the pics of the bullring and the square in front of it:

plazatoros.jpg

plazatoros1.jpg

parque1b.jpg

The square:

delanteplazatoros.jpg

The New Iberian Senate: As I said in the Parliament update, the Parliament has two Chambers, being one the Congress (the old one in the 7th update) and the other one the Senate. This Chamber was introduced in the latest Constitution, and its building was built in the early '70s (it was in another building before) with a singular shape:

senado1.jpg

senado2.jpg

Hope you liked and sorry for the shortness of this update... :(

Sign in to follow this  

17 Comments

Recommended Comments

[quote][size=4][font=lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif]Hope you liked and sorry for the shortness of this update... :([/font][/size][/quote]

Please! do not be, it's a fantastic update !!!!

Share this comment

[color=#ff00cc][b]Interesting Senate building.[/b][/color]

[color=#ff00cc][b]Nice update and love the style of architecture.[/b][/color]

Share this comment

You should really release your custom textures! You are so amazing. What a beautiful Spanish style CJ. So much attention to detail. FANTASTIC!!!

Share this comment

Beautiful update! You have no reason to be sorry... On the contrary, we're sorry for not appreciating it enough. :)

Share this comment

[color=#58534B][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img][/size][/font][/color]
[i][b][font='comic sans ms', cursive]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/2774/entry-18027-week-9-82712-9212/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORIES [color=#0000FF]EXCELLENT, TRANSPORTATION[/color][/font][/b][/i]

Share this comment