• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Beyond the Wall

paeng

View Album

Well, restaurating the old city walls really gave a big boost to this city ;-)... We start our tour in the northeast through the HiTech Park...

1024icon.png

citywall_hitech.jpg

Passing by the freight station...

citywall_freightstation.jpg

Since the city draws tourists from all over the region, a Grand Central Station was needed...

citywall_mainstation.jpg

We buy a pair of good walking shoes, then check into the old friendly Family Hotel...

citywall_stations.jpg

Time to check out the Old City Wall, a SimWorld National Heritage... Through the Main Gate and ogling the Old Water Castell...

citywall_gate.jpg

Strolling through the City Park featuring the Victory Column, the National Library, and also Aristocrat Inn serving favorite Mountainview dishes...

citywall_park01.jpg

An overview of the whole City Park and the City Wall with the Dome and the old cemetery...

citywall_flyover.jpg

Past the dome we leave the City Park through the western gates -

citywalls08.jpg

citywalls12.jpg

The Kensington Hospital -

citywalls10.jpg

Old residentials around Pearson Highschool -

citywalls09.jpg

Near the old Belfry the police headquarters and central fire station -

citywalls11.jpg

Old and new residentials -

citywalls13.jpg

citywalls14.jpg

Here is a large overview of the whole city -

citywall_xl.jpg

* click for 1800x1200 full size

Nightview -

citywalls15.jpg

* click for 1800x1200 full size

Thanks for visiting!

31 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wonderful stuff as always, the rail underpass in particular is great. If I had one criticism it would be that I don't think the grand central station fits in with the city. The rest is fantastic though, the lot work, the layout and the variety of custom content is all top quality :)

Additionally, where did you get the railway underpass lots? Further, I know I've seen those retaining walls before someplace, but I can't remember where.

Share this comment

[quote name='Ion_Cannon' timestamp='1343477211']the railway underpass lots? [...] those retaining walls[/quote]

Both from Stex - [i]JS Seawalls V3[/i] and [i]JS Rail Tunnel - DTR Entrance Extended v3 - Concrete[/i]... both should be easy to find.

Share this comment

Whats the factory in the bottom of the second picture, the brick one with the corregated iron roof?

Share this comment

[quote name='sHnozZa' timestamp='1343500811']factory in the bottom of the second picture[/quote]

Those warehouses can be found [url="http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?topic=10060.0"][b][u]on this site[/u][/b][/url]...

Share this comment

Paeng, you are the only person I know of who can mix rural and hi-tech and make it work out so perfectly. Great work, and attention to detail, as usual. 5/5 & +1 :thumb:

Share this comment

[quote name='usfighter15' timestamp='1343528924']where did you get diagonal buildings[/quote]

Never enough of those... Best start searching the Stex for the works of people like [i]Prepo, Krio, Odainsaker, Glenni[/i].... and then search some more :-)

Share this comment

Incredibly beautiful. Your cities always make me think of something out of a Miyazaki anime film. It is very realistic but it also has a fantastic quality to it. Very inspiring.

Share this comment

[quote name='MilitantRadical' timestamp='1343585061']Your cities always make me think of something out of a Miyazaki anime film.[/quote]

Oooohhh... too high praise! Miyazaki-san is in a different league :-))

But thank you - I'm glad you like my '[i]idealized realism[/i]'! ;-)

Share this comment

[quote name='k50' timestamp='1343608123']how jealous I am of your parks[/quote]

Aww - no need... Download [b][url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26923-paengs-parks-revisited/"]this[/url][/b], study the documentation and start building ;-))

Share this comment

Nothing beats that feeling of entering the ST homepage and finding a new, mesmerising, so beautifully crafted update by you, Paeng. Really. 100 out of 5 :clap:

Share this comment

Hey, thanks for all your nice comments :-))

The questions -

[b]Canals [/b]can be found somewhere on [b][url="http://^http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=7&topicdays=0&start=0"]this site[/url][/b] - needs some 'digging'...

The [b]church[/b] is [i]Muenster Villingen[/i] and the [b]multi arch[/b] is the [i]Charlottenburg Gate[/i] (both should be here on Stex, or maybe on Lex)

I'm using [b]PEG's Alternate Railway[/b] Mod from the Plex.

Share this comment