• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

30 Comments

Recommended Comments

Fantastic! Btw, do you create each city-tile to be unique, and by that i mean - do you connect tiles to look continuous at the region scale or not?

Share this comment

This is definitely one of the best CJ's on Simtropolis.

Where did you get the building on the NAM Avenue rotunda, the pier and the MMP umbrellas?

Share this comment

[quote name='grstudios' timestamp='1342953041']do you connect tiles to look continuous at the region scale[/quote]

Sure I 'play' at a regional scale... as for 'continuous' - nah, between all the custom content I make, the downloads I test and the re-lotting I do, my regions look really 'patchy' after a while... there is just too much stuff I like to fiddle around with... so occasionally I 'finish' a tile that strikes my fancy, while other parts of the region are merely functioning (and supplying sims and stuff for the 'nice' tiles)... To make all that 'continuous', I'd need 4 or 5 CJ's, where I have barely time for one... :-\

[quote]the building on the NAM Avenue rotunda, the pier and the MMP umbrellas[/quote]

The building is the Disc Hotel from SC Brasil, the pier is of japanese origin, the umbrellas - don't remember what mega pack they're from, maybe Swi21... sorry, hard to remember every single prop ;o)

Share this comment

Lovely, and outstanding! One thing to change is the STR bridge, unless you use the rail to STR piece before the bridge :)

Share this comment

This is superincredfabumazing! On the subject of regions, do you get a region off the STEX/LEX or do you hand terraform?

Share this comment

[quote name='Roger51' timestamp='1343024194']One thing to change is the STR bridge, unless you use the rail to STR piece before the bridge[/quote]

Oh my god... I was so taken by the woodwork - never realized it's STR... dang! ;o) Yeah, I'll try to fit in a Rail2STR transition. Thanks Roger!

[quote name='hahei' timestamp='1343032420']do you get a region off the STEX/LEX or do you hand terraform?[/quote]

Well, I'm not a fan of huge maps, so most of the time I make some small maps myself, either with Landscape Designer or just plain and then terraform by hand... Lately though there are also smaller maps available, e.g. by [b]Blunder[/b]... those suit me fine and I'm using them frequently.

But of course I also admire the large maps of e.g. DrunkApple or Izidor... I often download and then just ogle... ;-)

Share this comment

Very nice :O

Where did you get that tower in the round-about? :O
I really like the idea how you used it.

Share this comment

[quote name='paeng' timestamp='1342969906']
grstudios, on , said:

do you connect tiles to look continuous at the region scale

Sure I 'play' at a regional scale... as for 'continuous' - nah, between all the custom content I make, the downloads I test and the re-lotting I do, my regions look really 'patchy' after a while... there is just too much stuff I like to fiddle around with... so occasionally I 'finish' a tile that strikes my fancy, while other parts of the region are merely functioning (and supplying sims and stuff for the 'nice' tiles)... To make all that 'continuous', I'd need 4 or 5 CJ's, where I have barely time for one... :-\

the building on the NAM Avenue rotunda, the pier and the MMP umbrellas

The building is the Disc Hotel from SC Brasil, the pier is of japanese origin, the umbrellas - don't remember what mega pack they're from, maybe Swi21... sorry, hard to remember every single prop ;o)
[/quote]

Paeng, thank you! I found it here: [url="http://www.simcitybrasil.net/detalhes.php?id=127"]http://www.simcitybrasil.net/detalhes.php?id=127[/url]

Share this comment

wow! brilliant layout nice cj ;)

if you would be kind enough, what water mod and terrain mod do you use very realistic together!!

Share this comment

[quote name='0072010' timestamp='1343138383']if you would be kind enough, what water mod and terrain mod do you use[/quote]

I use [b]Lowkee[/b]'s [i]Appalachian Terrain mod [/i](Lex), and [b]Shokthrpy[/b]'s [i]Brigantine 2.0[/i] [i]Water mod[/i] (Stex)...

Share this comment

[quote name='Ion_Cannon' timestamp='1343147959']
Fantastic work as usual :) that disc hotel is a hidden gem. Additionally, what is the building directly below the disc hotel?
[/quote]

Do you know where can i get that disc hotel? You mean that building in the roundabout right?

Share this comment

Ahmmm... the Disc Hotel is already linked a couple of comments above... :O)

The building below that is called [i]NYK Building[/i] and comes from a japanese site - sorry, not sure from where exactly.

[quote name='JayStimson' timestamp='1343162727']Now tell me what rock mod you're using.[/quote]

Try one from here :-)
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27655-shk-hd-rock-mods/

Share this comment

[quote name='paeng' timestamp='1343167547']
Ahmmm... the Disc Hotel is already linked a couple of comments above... :O)

The building below that is called [i]NYK Building[/i] and comes from a japanese site - sorry, not sure from where exactly.

[/quote]

Cheers, managed to find it on simcity.cn - http://www.simcity.cn/viewthread.php?tid=46652&extra=&page=1

We need to be registered on simcitybrasil I guess, either that or my internet is being funky..

Share this comment