10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hello everyone,

Long time since I've been very active.  Jumped back into making game content, this time for Cities Skylines.  Been working on a new modular airport for way too long and finally starting to put the finishing touches on it.  This is my 1st unveiling and I'll probably be working on it for another month before releasing.

When I started out to make this monstrosity, I had small goals to just make some simple modular airport pieces.  I was always unhappy with how the nightlights in a modular building looked, always coming on at different times.  When the nightlights were on all the time, I didn't like the look of it either.  So I learned how to make Clear glass props.  Nice.  So then I had to model the insides of the buildings, then figure out the pathing, the roads I use to simplify laying things out broke the paths.  So I learned how to make new roads and offset the pedestrian paths.  Then I thought that I wanted to be able to have a working skytrain system going to different parts of the airport.  So I had to learn how to make a proper elevated train station and a new rail line that could be bent at 90 degree angles to fit in the buildings.  On and on it went until now I feel confident enough to unveil this to the community, warts and all.

There are about 30 buildings in the set, a boatload of glass props, 4 roads and about 30 props (not glass).  This will not be for the faint of heart.  I made this airport shone in about 3 hours.  This is not a "plop and go" building.  Remember that some airports are like little cities themselves.  So all these resources for an airport aren't all that bad...right?

Almost forgot to mention the parking garage with the skywalks and integrated metro station will be released with this too.  As a side note, I spent a lot of time making a station for the skytrain in the garage and making it go into the terminal building.  Not happening at this stage.  For now I have given up on that folly.

The modular 8 level parking garages will have 11 buildings and I made 2 new parking lot light props for them.

Don't be shy and tell me what you think.  Just be gentle please.

20180710212824_1.jpg

20180710212904_1.jpg

20180710212953_1.jpg

20180710213045_1.jpg

20180710213056_1.jpg

20180710213202_1.jpg

20180710213246_1.jpg

20180710213309_1.jpg

20180710213324_1.jpg

20180710213437_1.jpg

20180710213643_1.jpg

20180710213716_1.jpg

20180710213921_1.jpg

20180710214031_1.jpg

20180710214122_1.jpg

20180710212543_1.jpg

20180710212550_1.jpg

20180710212553_1.jpg

20180710212556_1.jpg

20180710212557_1.jpg

20180710212644_1.jpg

20180710212722_1.jpg

20180710212754_1.jpg

20180710214245_1.jpg

20180710214644_1.jpg

Welcome back! I remember your modular parking houses, and I am sure, there are only a few out there, who don´t use your cars if playing SC4.

This new project reminds me to your older things. Not really an architectural beauty but very, very useful. Especially I like the transparent glass, something I´ve never seen In C.S before, wow!

• Original Poster
  • hello eufl,

Thanks.  These are meant to be more of a work-a-day airport, not an architectural beauty.  Besides, I am not talented enough to create a very attractive building. 

Hey ... ;)

Wow, wow, wow !!! Awesome ... Honestly, what a project !!!!!

Cheers ... 

Holy crap, this is insane! Don't worry that it's not a stunning masterpiece like other buildings out there, there's  always gonna be some trade-offs. This is a masterpiece in its own way, the details and everything that you've put in is crazy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ehm1883
        Hi guys!

I recently bought a new gaming laptop and installed Cities Skylines on it with all of the major expansions/DLCs. I got two problems that I'm not sure what to do about:

1) The 81 tile mod by BloodyPenguin does not automatically unlock all of the tiles. It will let me buy each tile until I can fill the map, but not all unlocked and free at the beginning as the mod is supposed to (I've tried pressing Shift+U, doesn't work).

2) When loading any map the loading screen might freeze at 50%. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

To get past both of these problems, I have tried removing all mods and playing just the base game. This is a new laptop so I'm only loading blank maps. None of this has helped solve these two problems. Cities Skylines is also the only game I have installed - in case I have to reset the laptop to factory settings to fix this, that's ok.

My specs:
        Processor - i7-7700HQ
        Graphics - GTX 1060
        Memory - 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, DDR4
      • By apeek
        FANTA1990 Presents:
        A Complete replacement of default civilian airplanes sharing a common fictional theme. Each model was adapted from Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 (2004) with exception to the Voltaire which uses an original texture featuring propeller engines, and the Crop Duster which was cloned from Tropico4. The planes all sport the same color scheme and logo of World Travel Airlines (WTA), the sole carrier in Sim Nation. Since this is essentially an automata reskin, there are no dependencies and no configuration. It's an easy way to improve the realism and appearance of the game's otherwise drab portrayal of manned flight.  Nightlighting remains intact and UDI is still available for the landing strip aircraft.
        Choose from the following two files:
        FS2004 World Travel Airlines Plane V3.5.zip - Uses HD textures, but requires Hardware Acceleration to avoid visual defects.
        FS2004 World Travel Airlines Plane V3.5-256.zip - May be used with Software Acceleration.
        *** This mod was originally posted along with many other spectacular creations by Fanta Soda on his SimCity China homepage with the following URL: http://www.SimCity.cn/thread-99303-1-1.html
        Fanta has taken great lengths to make his site accessible to English speaking users. However, I encourage you to exploit the automatic translation features available in browsers such as Chrome and Firefox, or one of many Add-ons for Internet Explorer. Mandatory registration will unlock Fanta's downloads and all other custom content on SimCity China. A login prompt and two verification screens may seem excessive, but are well worth it.
        Since Fanta spends considerable time manufacturing custom mods, he specifically requested my assistance publishing his work to the mainstream English speaking audience. All credit and responsibility for this download lies solely with Fanta Soda. He will personally read and perhaps respond to any praise, feedback, criticism, or suggestions to this post. More impressive works from Fanta will follow.  

-Cori Edit: Fixed formatting.
      • By Craig-Abcvs
        Mountain Airbase Add-on

After many years of abject humiliation due the to economy nature of our air farce, and enduring coming last in all the spit-wad wars instigated by the neighbouring Simnations, we were proudly and finally able to bring you the upgraded Mountain Airforce Base.

We are now pleased to announce that sufficient funding has again, been siphoned from the appropriate Pegprod Team Slushy Fund, to bring four more airbases to add to the ever expanding Mountain Airbase empire.

Unfortunately we still can't quite afford a runway, so we suggest you use the MTP Small Landing Strip

Or the Coast Guard Airfield (AddOn) modular airfield set.

This pack includes the following lots:
        Mountain Airforce Base - (Modular) *Designed to work better with modular airport sets.
        Mountain Airforce Helicopter Base
        Mountain Search and Rescue Base
        Mountain Heliport

Bonus Extra 1x1 lots:
        Airbase Chainlink Fence - Grass
        Airbase Chainlink Fence Corner - Grass
        Airbase Chainlink Fence - Concrete
        Airbase Chainlink Fence Corner - Concrete
        Airbase Concrete

*Uses the same chainlink fence from the PEG-CDK Fishery

Stats Main lots:
        Menu - Airport
        Plop cost - 500
        Bulldoze - 100
        Monthly Cost - 50

Dependencies:
        PEG SPAM SUPER RESOURCE
        PEG MTP SUPER RESOURCE
        PEG-CDK3 Fishery
        One Flag Many Nations Mod
        S.P.O.T (Simpeg Orientaion Tool)
        *PEG-MTP R$$ RESOURCE b101.dat
        *Only the .dat file containing the R$$ building models is required from the PEG-MTP Residential Replacement Mod, it is not necessary to install the complete mod.
        Tabi Aircraft Models (Also now attached to the download button of this file.)

Installation:
        Unzip to: Documents/Simcity/Plugins/PEGPROD/Mountain Theme Pack/ABCVS/Aviation/Mountain Airbases
        Un-installation:
        Delete the Mountain Airbases folder and its contents.

Credits:
        Lotting / Modding - abcvs (Screw Pile Developments)
        Props, textures and dependencies - Pegasus (Pegprod); Tabinohito

Additional Screenies:

-Cori Edit: Fixed formatting and linkys.
      • By Craig-Abcvs
        MTP abcvs Small Landing Strip
        This landing strip, is a small yet busy functional airport, designed for your MTP communities and will replace the Maxis Small Landing Strip.

All costs and stats remain the same as its Maxis replacement.

To install unzip and place the lot file in your Plug-ins folder.

To un-install simply delete the file from your plug-in folder, and the original Maxis landing strip will return.

Features include:

Improved taxi-ways with runway lighting.
        MTP / Rural themed textures, flora and props.
        Timed aircraft props to simulate aircraft movement.
        Different day and night timed people and cars.
        Security Guards will come on and off shift during the day and night at the main security checkpoint.
        The security gate on the far side of the airport will line up with the gates on the MTP Econo-Airbase, and the Mountain Airforce Base to provide a paved runway for the cash-strapped MTP airforce.
        UDI - This airport still includes the Skydiving, Crop Dusting and Stunt Plane "U-Drive it" planes.

Dependencies:
        PEG-MTP Super Pack
        PEG-Security Fencing

Additional Screenie:

-Cori Edit: Updated linkys to current format