7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hi guys, I'm back to SC4 after a few years and I was looking after some basic fixes and setups to run the game and its mods, but I've seen that Origin's version of the game is unpatchable (that is, can't og to 1.1.641.0), but when I see properties of game's file, it is written 1.1.641.0. How can I verify if the update was installed correctly? Should I buy GOG's version?

Another few questions:

1. Is CAM incompatible with SPAM and IRM? By the way, where can I find it?

2. Where can I find some good tutorials for building airports and ports with custom props and lots?

3. Is Cities Skylines really substituting this? Haha

Cheers!

Hiya, @soutinho. Welcome to Simtropolis. *:) 

As I understand the whole Origin fiasco they started with an unpatchable digital version and after some pressure finally updated that to the fully patched version. If that updated one is installed it's ok to use, but never delete or uninstall it as the new download is back to being the unpatchable one. More details by @Tarkus can be found here.

For version numbers the fully patched disc version shows 1.1.640.0 and the fully patched digital versions are the ones to show 1.1.641.0

I'll leave your questions 1 & 2 for the experts. For question 3, I'll say each game appeals to different aspects of city builders. Topics which start discussing if one game is better than the other tend to go sour at some point.

• Original Poster
  • @CorinaMarie Thanks! I've been a member of this community since I was young, but never really participated or talked, lol. Anyways,  I have just downloaded it yesterday to my computer. Nevertheless, I have it as a "gift key" I received because I had bought the shitty SimCity 2013.

You'll get better response if you ask each question in a separate thread (esp #2). Seeing that Cori has replied to an OP about Origin, many readers won't even click.

4 hours ago, soutinho said:

Somewhat. I use all three, but...

•  By using SPAM, I sacrificed CAM's advanced "farming".
    •  Even after finding a revision of IRM made for CAM, I had to edit all of my downloaded custom CAM industrials to follow suit.
    4 hours ago, soutinho said:

Skylines is its own game. each has its merits and faults. Some people play both

On 14/05/2018 at 2:58 PM, soutinho said:

when I see properties of game's file, it is written 1.1.641.0

Digital versions don't use the patches like the CD version did. However, if you are seeing version 1.1.641.0, that should be fully patched. The easy way to be sure is to install a custom building with nitelights, if the lighting works, you know your game is fully patched. Since the 640 patch is needed for custom buildings to show lights, 641 is identical in functionality to 640, it just denotes a digital pre-patched release. Generally speaking the Origin version isn't patched, but that doesn't apply to all versions, so maybe you got lucky.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:58 PM, soutinho said:

Hi guys, I'm back to SC4 after a few years and I was looking after some basic fixes and setups to run the game and its mods, but I've seen that Origin's version of the game is unpatchable (that is, can't og to 1.1.641.0), but when I see properties of game's file, it is written 1.1.641.0. How can I verify if the update was installed correctly? Should I buy GOG's version?

Another few questions:

2. Where can I find some good tutorials for building airports and ports with custom props and lots?

Cheers!

For point 2, there is a custom airports out there, the AC Functional Airports. You need to download a dozen of dependencies first. But, you'll get some airports and even heliports from the mod. For tutorials, I'll give that to the respective experts.

For point 3, of course no. Even, C:S is much more flexible than SC4. Also compared to SC4, C:S is huge leap of it. C:S is suitable who are creative and have high-spec'd computer or who have lots of money to buy currently-expensive GPUs (or graphic cards).

Also, you might want to read the site guideline first before you start active to this site. Reading my FAQ first before actively gaming is recommended. I wish to edit the FAQ but due to the exam that I must do, this isn't possible now.

Thanks.

On 14-5-2018 at 2:58 PM, soutinho said:

I use google and youtube. keywords: SimCity 4, airport. Just to see all kind of different variations is a nice tutorial on its own.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Pegasus
        This is a small Patch File for the PEG-UT Mall Canals that fixes a incorrect property values in all of the MallCanal lots. Because the lots are RCI ploppables, the games appears to ignore the properties in question. Whether the patch is installed or not, the lots appear and perform the same. Therefore, installing this patch is purely optional... although still recommended to insure that everything "under-the-hood" is as it should be.

** Special thanks to ScottFTL for catching and reporting the incorrect property values. 
        All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.
      • By chfzdn
        Hello,
        I want to start a gaming YouTube channel. However, there are many obstacles:
        I have just SimCity 4 and as you know, the game isn't a great game to start with. So, I need Cities: Skylines, which leads me to the next problem. My computer isn't powerful enough to play C:S because just I'm using HD Graphics 3000. 4 GB of RAM is fine. My internet speed both upload and download is really slow, 1 Mbps and sometimes error without reasons. I don't have camera for future facecam (not really a concern). I don't have empty external hard drive (1 TB is recommended) for the next thing I will discuss. Luckily, there is a Geforce iCafe-certified internet cafe near me (according to Nvidia, the participant cafes must have 9xx or 10xx GTX-series cards and 50 or more GTX 1060s or higher; enough for C:S). However, it still not fixing the problem #1: lack of C:S. I just have around $16, which isn't enough to buy even the vanilla. I will not talking about gray/black ways to getting it (because it against the site rules). Can you help me to getting started? Or, should I learn another skills instead, like 3D modelling or programming?
        Thanks.
      • By Violator31
        Looking at my profile I see it was four years ago when I first happened upon these forums.
        I really liked SimCity 4.  I bought the "SimCity Limited Edition"  and I wasn't happy with it at all. So I kind of fell away from the game. Recently I decided to get back into it.
        When my Mom died & I was moving into her house, I found the old "SimCity 4 Box" set during my packing. All of the fun I had playing the game was enhanced when I learned that I could create & use my own maps. I have always been into photography so I have Photoshop on my pc. I had so much fun making those maps, & tweaking them to work better.
        Many years ago I did buy the STEX Collection of discs, but I can't find them now. Being a pack rat helps & hinders all at the same time.... you know you have it somewhere, you just can't locate it within  everything else. So I will be purchasing everything again (I always seem to find the originals after I purchase the replacements). I'm asking for a little help, please...? I remember having a problem, years ago, when I had items stored in the wrong folder & it would create issues when trying to use stuff that was dependent on it. The help,.... would any of you experts be so kind as to direct me to creating the right folders for the right items in order to keep all of it working properly, please?
        I will be downloading the NAM as well, but I won't do so until I have the new discs so I can get it all stored properly. I was pretty disgusted before when I couldn't use certain items & I really want to avoid that this time. 
        Until I get the discs I will be dabbling in photoshop creating maps.
        Thank you in advance for ANY help you may provide. 
      • By robdragon
        SimCity 4 on Steam for $4.99 USD till July 5th 10am (Pacific time)!
        https://store.steampowered.com/app/24780/
      • By Pegasus
        Patch file for PEG MTP Fire Station
        All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.