• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Rome - Eternal City

ilikehotdogsalot

baaat.jpg

ROME

- ETERNAL CITY

Rome is the capital city of Italy and one of the oldest cities in the world. Its history spans almost over 2 thousand years and many old landmarks remain. It sits along the Tiber River and has a Mediterranean climate. It's very popular with tourists from all parts of the globe.

psaa.jpg

The Pantheon is a temple to all gods of Ancient Rome and was built in 126 AD.

parkkk.jpg

An avenue passing through the Villa Borghese Park. 

aqq.jpg

An aqueduct in the outskirts of the city brings in water into Rome like it has done for thousands of years.

colly.jpg

The Colosseum is Rome's most popular landmark. It's an elliptical amphitheatre in the city and it hosted many bloody shows. Now it's a popular tourist spot.

square.jpg

The overly grand Saint Peter's Square in Vatican City.

forummmc.jpg

One of the grand arches along the Roman Forum. The current street level is a few feet above the forum because centuries of construction have created many layers.

basilicag.jpg

St. Peter's Basilica, the center of the Catholic Church and centerpiece of Vatican City.

37 Comments

Recommended Comments

Its impossible to capture rome, but I admire you for even attempting it. I really enjoyed this entry, brought back some great memories thanks!

Share this comment

I really wanna know how you do these stunning cities! This CJ is so good! You really are a master of SC4.

Share this comment

Not alot of BATs to work with for rome, but you certainly made the best of what you had around.

Share this comment

OMG!!!   Can you please show us a regional view (like before entering a city itself), it's probely a world shaped region right?

Share this comment

this is so great! I love your cities!
do you take requests? if you do, could you please do Jerusalem or Tel-Aviv? that would be great if you would 

Share this comment

Thanks all for the comments!! I appreciate each and every one!! 

@Evillions: Not really, I have two regions now so it's not very cohesive..maybe I will try to put everything together later.

@jaycobav: I was actually thinking of doing an Israeli city today but I looked for some bats and there are basically none, so not right now, sorry 

Share this comment

Thanks everybody

The broken columns are from one of swi21's prop packs I think. I've had them for a long time, so I'm not exactly sure, sorry.

Saint Paul's Cathedral: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=11633

Share this comment