• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The New Year's Entry

l1zgHR.jpg

Replies:

kschmidt: Thank you very much!

sejr99999: Cheers!

matias93: MMP textures can compliment terrain sometimes but I am currently sticking with Gobias' Sudden Valley terrain mod.

kingofsimcity: Thanks! Expect more of those cross-town mosaics in future entries.

SC4L0ver: Thanks! Last year I finally got the field dimensions and the field transitions/boundaries/fillers correct. I also nailed the urban/rural transition with a combined MMP/lot approach. This year there will be a lot more of that.

Krasner: :yes:

Bipin: Your BATs and LOTs have been invalueable for my industrial and rural areas.

Akallan: The circular fields are an incredible piece of texture work!

Urban Constanta: I think you need to be a member of SC4D to be able to download the circular fields.

The New Year's Entry

Propelling the URS firmly into 2018 we shall start with a special entry which features the latest areas I have been developing in Pololomia, it combines two of my favourite things: farms and industry.

And what does 2018 hold? Well the first two or three months will be covering Pololomia. There will be some smaller side projects during Spring and early Summer where I will experiment even further with MMPs, LOTs and BATs. During the Summer Holidays I will be working on a new large city tile; perhaps something intensely urban but throwing in a lot of MMPs to an urban setting...

With that said let us start with...

IHbKGv.jpg

The top half of the picture contains the new areas I have been working on.

Vk0M4K.jpg

bKmUP5.jpg

KrJV2f.jpg

Mixing old and new.

tMDXo1.jpg

The new is Simmer2's fantastic Royal Flush business / (industrial building)- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3556.

1jZShC.jpg

Mid-rise or low-rise sprawling industrial units are so important for getting industrial density right.

jdkgho.jpg

I have shown something similar in this area before, but now I've added the perimeter of dirt around the MMP fields. It's adds an important messy element to fields which is lacking from ploppable fields.

VAj02h.jpg

And this is the new industrial area I completed. This was tricky as I needed to blend large-scale industry with rural buildings, woodland and fields.

SHUS96.jpg

REGFpF.jpg

Vp2MNG.jpg

A return of the threshold photoshopped pictures!

TklYAu.jpg

The urban/rural transition can be summed up as follows: a line of trees/lots, some kind of fencing, a dirt perimeter and then MMP fields.

SJjaNN.jpg

A small village just north of the new industrial area I created.

aQBLEr.jpg

Another thing I was working on last year was the rural intersection and rural turnoffs to tracks and dirt paths...

LNZhXM.jpg

Bipin's grunge industrial roads (found here- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3086) are really useful because their pavement textures consist of concrete which enables more realistic road/driveway transitions.

Lwpsth.jpg

I am now experimenting with MMP bushes to border fields- this is a very British feature of rural areas.

iqroFO.jpg

The rural track. Using Bipin's grunge roads makes the transition between the track and the road almost seamless.

9XxIBH.jpg

The first large mosaic. Most of my efforts go towards seamless transitions from urban to rural areas, villages to fields, industrial sites to rural/farm areas.

MqhOmD.jpg

The MEGA mosaic. This is the complete transition from city centre, to inner city area, to suburbs, to city outskirts to eventually fields and countryside.

ZzTUPI.jpg

And one final picture.

Next weekend there will be another entry!

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Urban Constanta said:

regarding the fields, i am member of SC4D, when i try to download i'm stuck on a site can't be reach loop

You will need to contact SC4D Admin about this.

Share this comment