The World

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Trip (Part 1) Leaving The Great Coast

pcwhiz24

Alright folks, we are ready To go in a cross country trip to Plantation Bay, one of the largest cities in this country, for the Extreme Gaming Conference, and see previews and gameplay of the new city-building game to be released.

The trip is a 4500 mile flight across this country (United Cities), but we're going to make several stops.

In this trip, me, and a few other gaming enthusiasts are leaving The Great Coast behind, and going to the Capital of United Cities (UC) to the Gaming conference to see the amazing new games coming out, especially SimMetropolis 5!

First off, here's a map for reference as to we're we're going:

63t7.jpg

The trip: First, we'll fly out of the Great Coast and land near Temperance lake, a lake surrounded by beautiful mountains and hills. (similiar to the east mountains in the United States in real life). Then we'll fly over the ocean to the West United Cities continent (We're currently on East United Cities) to the airport near Plantation Bay. Then we take a 4 hour drive to Plantation Metropolis, which is the capital of UC.

Let's Begin...

7 am

0pgl.jpg

A beautiful sunny morning at Coastland Metropolis, right here we're picking up our last buddy, Mike. (Michael Homes) He works in the Khallulu Observatory (the highest observatory in this world) and is currently on vacation here at Coastland Metropolis.

We take the main avenue...

mviy.jpg

and get on the highway...

1dg1.jpg

3k36.jpg

We leavet the metropolis and head for the outskirts, here is the border between Coastland Metropolis and The Tech District:

5hcu.jpg

We continue to the highlands...

0y8p.jpg

(Note: Image was rotated)

We're finally in Ashville Metropolis...(Or what used to be...)

vu2r.jpg

Here we pass by some abandoned factories that survived the great catastrophie that destroyed this city (see earlier entries)

1lik.jpg

Most of the traffic you see there is from the busses going to Ashville City (north of this city) which is perfectly intact.

Here we pass by the Ashville University Campus:

zy82.jpg

We finally arrived at the airport to catch our 1 pm flight:

c9va.jpg

(11:05 am; Ashville Metropolis Airport)

Mayor Jack Green, take care of your Coastland County cities!

I will! Don't worry, we got this! Enjoy your trip!

Not much of an airport, but it does its job. We waited over 2 hours but finally got on the plane!

fpi0.jpg

(1:14 PM; Runway)

Now boarding Airlines Flight 565 to Temperance Mountains (near Temperance Lake; See map)

Our journey finally begins!!!

Say goodbye to The Great Coast! We'll be back one day!

cbtu.jpg

Hey I can see my house from here!

We'll keep you updated! Stay tuned!

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

Really like that last pic of the city. 

And I agree with Feeroz on the slope mod. Your highways look a bit treacherous.

Share this comment

Wait, The Great Coast is on Mars? o.O

Nice update, except for, well...you know.

The washed out photoediting is a bit much as well.

Share this comment

Wait, The Great Coast is on Mars? o.O

Nice update, except for, well...you know.

The washed out photoediting is a bit much as well.

It's actually in a planet several light years away from us orbiting a star like ours, and it has the same homosapien species that exist here, and speak english! Planet Name: RS-450-HM-1005

Dennis Brown never bothered smoothening roads since he went only for population (and managed 996,000 before the city's destruction!) :D

Fictional wiki quote:

"Even after the city's destruction, the road system remained very well intact. Ashville Metropolis was known for its notoriously bumpy roads, especially the Interstate-45 Exit, due to the rough terrain on the northern section of The Great Coast. It is pressumed that Mayor Brown intentionally made them bumpy as a deterrent to prevent speeding, which instead ended up wrecking many cars, and the 9000 cars that passed through the main roads every hour certainly didn't help either. They were the blame for the many car accidents, especially on a highway that went northern to the industrial city where over 30,000 cars commuted every day to work.

Share this comment

I have a question in picture 6 from top, the other side of the region is seeinable. How is that possible, do you use a mod or something?

I am waiting your answer.

By the way nice pictures :D

Share this comment

It's actually in a planet several light years away from us orbiting a star like ours, and it has the same homosapien species that exist here, and speak english! Planet Name: RS-450-HM-1005

Actually, I was assuming that the United Cities in Question were like Nathanthemayor's UC, and thus, via the first page in the CJ (I have no intention of perusing all 50 pages for a potential location change) the United Cities are on Mars. I'm not meaning to be contradictory here, just explaining where I got my impression from. These are clearly a different UCs then, right?

Share this comment