Schulmania

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Santiago de los Gatos Caballeros

Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

Wirdleonian Piedmont: Santiago de los Gatos Caballeros

Princess Ava has always been a supporter of the Schulmania military and has been in several battles herself. She felt compelled to do something special for veterans who have completed their service and been honorably discharged. She decided to follow the ample she read about the Roman legions founding towns and have veterans receive their own town as a reward for their service. Princess Katherine quickly approved the idea and a site was selected in the Wirdleonia Piedmont District, southeast of the regional capital of Robinia.

La Princesa Ava siempre ha apoyado el ejército de Schulmania y ha ido a varias batallas. Se sentía obligada a hacer algo por los veteranos que ya habían terminado su servicio y se habían licenciado con honores. Decidió seguir el ejemplo que leyó sobre las legiones romanas que fundaban ciudades, cuyos veteranos de guerra eran recibidos en su ciudad como recompensa por sus servicios. La Princesa Catalina apoyó la idea rápidamente y seleccionó un lugar adecuado en el Distrito de Wirdleonia Piemonte, al sureste de la capital regional de Robinia.

A little music while you read…

cat-chainmail.jpg

cat-armor.jpg

The town will be named for the noble soldiers who served so valiantly – Santiago de los Gatos Caballeros

La ciudad llevará el nombre de los nobles soldados que lucharon con valentía – Santiago de los Gatos Caballeros.

san10.jpg

The centerpiece of the town is the massive church, Iglesia del Nuevo Cibao

El edificio central de la ciudad es la imponente iglesia, Iglesia del Nuevo Cibao.

san01.jpg

The church fronts a small plaza with a flag at its center, a reminder of a grateful nation

La iglesia está situada enfrente de una pequeña plaza con una bandera, un recordatorio de la nación agradecida.

san02.jpg

The church is surrounded by homes and businesses, one of which is Chicken King. Roads lead toward Robinia and to The Wirdleplex.

La iglesia está rodeada de casas y negocios, uno de ellos es el Chicken King. Las carreteras llevan hacia Robinia y el Wirdleplex.

san03.jpg

All homes are free to veterans, who also can choose to live off their generous pensions or to open their own businesses, supported by a special grant program for entrepreneurs

Todas las casas son gratis para los veteranos de guerra, que además, pueden escoger entre vivir de sus generosas pensiones o abrir sus propios negocios, financiados por un programa especial para emprendedores.

san04.jpg

Quite a few military personnel have decided to head here

Un buen número de militares han decidido establecerse aquí.

san05.jpg

Near a cluster of homes is the food processing facility owned by Chinola Maracuya, the famous chef

Cerca de un núcleo de casas se sitúa la planta de procesado de comida, propiedad de Chinola Maracuyá, el famoso chef.

san06.jpg

A lovely villa overlooks the church. It is specially equipped for cats who have lost more than six lives. Specialized care is onsite and they are held in the highest esteem.

Una preciosa villa con vistas privilegiadas de la iglesia. Está especialmente equipada para gatos que han perdido más de seis vidas. Allí se les proporcionan cuidados especializados y se les tiene en una gran estima.

san07.jpg

A block east from the church is the town’s market, Mercado de Macoris, offers a wide variety of goods and a lovely café.

A una manzana al este de la iglesia se encuentra el mercado de la ciudad, el Mercado de Macorís, que ofrece una gran variedad de productos y una acogedora cafetería.

san08.jpg

To the west are shops, homes and the school on the corner

Al oeste hay tiendas, casas y la escuela en la esquina.

san09.jpg

The Military Support and Housing Agency operates the town’s municipal services from this building next to the square. Across the street is the distinctive salmon and white form of the town’s cultural center

El Soporte Militar y la Agencia de la Vivienda operan los servicios de la ciudad desde este edificio al lado de la plaza. Al otro lado de la calle, se encuentra la llamativa forma de color salmón y blanco del centro cultural de la ciudad.

san11.jpg

A variety of homes overlook the church

Una gran variedad de casas con vistas a la iglesia.

san12.jpg

The charming Mission Higüey can be found here as well, nestled between homes

La encantadora Misión Higüey, se encuentra aquí, casi oculta entre las casas.

san13.jpg

The church’s belltower can be seen from far off and is the town’s distinctive icon

El campanario de la iglesia se puede ver desde muy lejos, y es un icono distintivo de la ciudad.

san15.jpg

Behind the municipal and cultural centers, the road toward The Wirdleplex heads southward

Detrás de los centros culturales y municipales, la carretera hacia el Wirdleplex lleva al sur.

san16.jpg

Calle San Cristobal leads west from the church toward Robinia

La Calle de San Cristóbal lleva al oeste desde la iglesia hacia Robinia

san17.jpg

Of course, who would want to head out of such a nice town just yet?

Por supuesto, ¿quién querría irse ya de un pueblo tan bonito?

san18.jpg

Princess Ava is very proud of how the town turned out

La Princesa Ava está muy orgullosa de cómo ha quedado la ciudad.

san19.jpg

The church is very long and thin, which makes for a very nice plaza around it

La iglesia es muy larga y estrecha, con una bonita plaza a su alrededor.

san20.jpg

This town’s Chicken King has a special feature this week: Chicharrones de Pollo!

El Chicken King de la ciudad tiene una oferta especial esta semana: ¡Chicarrones de Pollo!

san21.jpg

Please come visit Santiago de los Gatos Caballeros, the town with the longest name in Schulmania, again soon!

Vuelvan pronto a Santiago de los Gatos Caballeros, la ciudad con el nombre más largo de Schulmania!

NOTE: Special thanks to TekindusT, who graciously assisted in perfecting the Spanish translation of this chapter. ¡Muchas gracias!

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

15 Comments

Recommended Comments

Lovely little town, I like to see the architectural style of Schulmania expanding! Also a welcome addition is the voice of Antonio Banderas reading your update. What, he didn't read for any of you? Too bad.

Share this comment

He de admitir que tiene una excelente redacción en castellano. Nada mal el pueblo, por cierto, la Princesa Ava tiene buen gusto. Me gusto mucho la iglesia ¿dónde la consiguió?

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Emperordaniel[/b] In Schulmania, it has been used in East St. Paul (New Atkinos District, Grand Duchy of East Atkinos). IRL, it’s in Portugal.

[b]TekindusT[/b] I would say you are right – the processional does take quite a while. But the acoustics are great – you should hear the pipe organ!

[b]Benedict[/b] LOL… it is a classic!

[b]Blunder[/b] I agree; it definitely has the spirit of Schulmania all over it!

[b]Nedal2001[/b] Thanks! I am glad to see you back again.

[b]NMUSpidey[/b] I told his people to call my people… but they didn’t. Perhaps because Schulmania doesn’t have telephones…

[b]Hazani Pratama[/b] Thanx!

[b]Westy177[/b] Thanx! Glad you liked it. It has been a while since I did one like this.

[b]100000000000000[/b] Thanx! And do come by. She would be glad to show you around.

[b]USfighter15[/b] Thanx! Schulmania’s felines embrace a wide variety of styles. And felines are transnational, so our furry influence spreads far and wide.

[b]Harbin91[/b] My guess is that when it was build they had a long skinny lot available. So they made the most of it.

[b]Alejandro24[/b] The church is [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cl%C3%A9rigos_Church"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cl%C3%A9rigos_Church[/url] from Portugal. If you like it, you can get it here on the STEX: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18608-clerigos-church-and-tower/.

[b]Militant Radical[/b] Thanx! I wanted something different and I am pleased with the results.

[b]Evilions[/b] I thought that they had some shared roots they might blend well. And for the most part, I think they do.

[right][Volume 3 Update #257][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment