Jump to content
AmiPolizeiFunk

Let's keep a list of which mods break with MT

69 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

As expected, my save failed to load. What's the protocol here? Should I disable all mods and try to add them back one-by-one?

 

Let's help each other out by listing out mods that have been broken and should definitely be disabled. Who will go first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not working: 

Advanced Building Editor - Assets get broken when they are saved while ABE is active

Loading Screen - Doesn't load any workshop assets 

Quay Anarchy - Gives errors 

Transport Line Render Fix - Gives errors 

Some might say that Network Extensions 2 is not working but I think they don't care enough to test mods individually, for my case, NExt 2 is working just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tim The Terrible said:

Why does it say One Way Tracks is broken? Works fine for me...

One Way Tracks work, but I noticed that joining your tracked with the new vanilla one ways made the junction a bunch of dirt.  That was a quick casual observation a couple hours ago though.  

There's only three major mods that are down that would draw errors for anybody still:

1. Improved Public Transport  (Replaced by IPT 2 though)

2. Transport Line Manager  

3. Dynamic Resolution

Besides those three, one should not be pulling errors when loading in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roadman20 said:

One Way Tracks work, but I noticed that joining your tracked with the new vanilla one ways made the junction a bunch of dirt.  That was a quick casual observation a couple hours ago though.  

That's because the modded tracks are based on tram track and were never designed to intersect with the vanilla ones. The whole mod needs to be reworked and freshly based on the new tracks instead of the tram tracks. Right now it's the same as intersecting rail with roads - does not work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tim The Terrible said:

That's because the modded tracks are based on tram track and were never designed to intersect with the vanilla ones. The whole mod needs to be reworked and freshly based on the new tracks instead of the tram tracks. Right now it's the same as intersecting rail with roads - does not work.

That's probably what people are complaining about then, the mod still works as originally intended before this latest release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roadman20 said:

That's probably what people are complaining about then, the mod still works as originally intended before this latest release.

On Reddit someone said it threw an error. I tried while running only ModTools, Catenary Replacer, One Way Tracks and Extra Station Tracks, but error or not, everything worked as usual. So either it's an incompatibility (which I doubt) or someone's got it wrong.

Not all errors are harmful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Original Poster
  • I hope Dynamic Resolution gets an update soon. I'm so accustomed to looking at the game at a minimum of 150% supersampling that the aliasing I'm seeing now is driving me a bit nuts!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I'm shattered to know that Samsam won't uodate his Advanced Vehicle Options tool. 

    *cries* 

    We can count it broken as well, since it doesn't have features that monocars need, along with ferries and cable cars 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, R3V0 said:

    I'm shattered to know that Samsam won't uodate his Advanced Vehicle Options tool. 

    Is it sure he will not fix?

    I just had a look at the code on git. Even I have never worked with C# it looks pretty foreward and should not be impossible to expand the used routines to cover monorails, ferries and blimps.

    EDIT:

    Its working for all "old" transport types. F.e. trains still have the "replace last car" option

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, rovapasi1 said:

    Is it sure he will not fix?

    I just had a look at the code on git. Even I have never worked with C# it looks pretty foreward and should not be impossible to expand the used routines to cover monorails, ferries and blimps.

    EDIT:

    Its working for all "old" transport types. F.e. trains still have the "replace last car" option

     

    Someone said on my INNOVIA Asset page, that's not gonna happen, I checked Samsan's page, and it seems he added a note that he will not work on updating the asset. I also checked it, it can be done but I have zero knowledge about prefab names of moo, cable cars etc. Those values has to be added and extra lines with replace car with engine function for monorails should do the trick

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, R3V0 said:

    Someone said on my INNOVIA Asset page, that's not gonna happen, I checked Samsan's page, and it seems he added a note that he will not work on updating the asset. I also checked it, it can be done but I have zero knowledge about prefab names of moo, cable cars etc. Those values has to be added and extra lines with replace car with engine function for monorails should do the trick

    That was my findings as well.

    But he states on his page as well, he will try to keep the mod working.

    Btw. Those values should be visible in the asset editor or in mod tools.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Just now, rovapasi1 said:

    That was my findings as well.

    But he states on his page as well, he will try to keep the mod working.

    Btw. Those values should be visible in the asset editor or in mod tools.

    Hmm...

    Then... 

    Set the phasers to fun 

    *launches Cities Skylines*

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi,

     

    i just startet to build a metro on my new city - and it asked me for a Metro Depot ? I assume IPT is causing this ... because vanilla CS has no Metro depot .. anybody same problem ?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    yeah .. thats why i am wondering - i have no MOM - i disabled all assets and have just Mod´s on that are from the OK list (findit/moveit kind of mods) - i build the metro line (Metro tab hasnt a depot - just the 3 icons for station/tunnel/line) and when checking 10 min later i was wondering why no metro was driving ... so i opend the tab and saw that IPT showed "no Metro Depot" - thats why i think it has to do with IPT

     

    UPDATE: After reloading Metro was fine -

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    13 hours ago, Bad Peanut said:

    Network Skins is broken for me AFTER i start placing new public transport types (like ferries). Removed it and it works properly. nets and props no longer disappear

    Very interesting. My map went completely ape after I started a ferry line as well (textures, props, trees, decals flickering, blue roads, buildings disappearing), so I'll definitely give disabling Network Skins a try. Thanks for the heads up!

    Too bad Boformer is hardly active these days, so I'm not really hopeful it will be fixed any time soon :cry:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    The metro depot issue should not be a real issue. You should be able to choose the first station of your metro line as depot. Same as for train lines in IPT

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    10 hours ago, R3V0 said:

    We can count it broken as well, since it doesn't have features that monocars need, along with ferries and cable cars 

    That's not what broken means... Broken is when it doesn't work anymore, at all. The word you are looking for is 'outdated'.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, Tim The Terrible said:

    That's not what broken means... Broken is when it doesn't work anymore, at all. The word you are looking for is 'outdated'.

    My usual philosophy is "if it aint broken, don't fix it", so I don't care if a mod or an asset gives error messages but continues to do what it's supposed to. Although, some people might not like it the same way, if an error message pops up, they complain. Thus, I said "it's broken". Anyway it's updated now, most of the stuff is updated I think, only camera mods? 

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, Miccrosshill said:

    yeah .. thats why i am wondering - i have no MOM - i disabled all assets and have just Mod´s on that are from the OK list (findit/moveit kind of mods) - i build the metro line (Metro tab hasnt a depot - just the 3 icons for station/tunnel/line) and when checking 10 min later i was wondering why no metro was driving ... so i opend the tab and saw that IPT showed "no Metro Depot" - thats why i think it has to do with IPT

     

    UPDATE: After reloading Metro was fine -

    sometimes if you disable a mod it doesn't stop it from causing problems. the only sure safe way of completely stopping a mod from interfering is to unsub from it.

    4 hours ago, Judazzz said:

    Very interesting. My map went completely ape after I started a ferry line as well (textures, props, trees, decals flickering, blue roads, buildings disappearing), so I'll definitely give disabling Network Skins a try. Thanks for the heads up!

    Too bad Boformer is hardly active these days, so I'm not really hopeful it will be fixed any time soon :cry:

    Yeah I've had other people have the same problem now. and funnily enough I said other transport networks in general but it was only the ferry line that i had placed when i noticed it.

    2 hours ago, rovapasi1 said:

    The metro depot issue should not be a real issue. You should be able to choose the first station of your metro line as depot. Same as for train lines in IPT

    MOM has it built in to not be able to select a metro station. It must have a depot. MOM would have had to be unsubbed for this to not take affect.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an Account  

    Sign up to join our friendly community. It's easy!  

    Register a New Account

    Sign In  

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now


    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×

    Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

    stexcollection-header.png

    Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

    We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

    Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

    We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

    By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

    Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

    Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

    More About STEX Collections