447 posts in this topic Last Reply

I don't have the game yet, so naturally, I don't have anything to show. But I figured I might as well get it up and ready, since one of the most popular topics in the SimCity 4 section should manage here as well. :)

So get down to it and post some Skylines! :lol:

From the lovely, majestic, sweeping CBD's above to the cold northern tiny CBD of a slowly growing hamlet (apparently according to the game its a hamlet anyway. 500 people is a large Hamlet lol) called Gabtoria.

mainstreet_kind_of_entry_2.jpg

yer we don't got much int he way of a CBD up here.

Cheers

James

Thanks @_B

Great looking city Psycho Teddy. I need to expand on my sprawl :)

I wish the industry zoning would spawn some warehouses and cleaner industry like it did in SC4 and like you could plop in CXL closer to downtown. Currently, even with a highly educated city industry only spawns dirty brown factories. I'm not sure if that's even a thing in CSL though or if industry zoning is always very dirty.

Some compact highways would also be grand for downtowns.

Defecto, your work is unbelievable. That last entry....wow. Excellent job!

Thanks very much! Though so far I've only been expanding on my first city ever in CSL, with all the problems involved haha (traffic is evil right now as I grow more). I'm sure a new city with some more CSL experience will be better.

I haven't posted on this site in years.

It's not much yet, CS lacks in the highrise department. I'm using a low-saturation LUT.

Same here! I think I was last active back in 2009 or so. I really like the low-saturation look, will try to find that download. The LUT's do a lot for making the game look better/different. I'm currently using one called "Blockbuster" seen in my screenshots above.

Seems like from another era doesn't it? straight outta 1970

c4gIavB.jpg

Heres a different angle that looks like a completely different city, don't you think?

wodnRbd.jpg

I'm also using the Blockbuster color correction mod. Gives it an old photograph look imo.

one more angle...

ZPEsOOs.jpg

Beautiful roads zimmie!

Seeing all these great screenshots makes me excited about more building variation once the modders get going :)

Its hard to avoid repetition at the moment

Beautiful roads zimmie!

Seeing all these great screenshots makes me excited about more building variation once the modders get going :)

Its hard to avoid repetition at the moment

Thanks Defacto, I really like your first pic, one of the better ones I've seen for my tastes anyway.

Yeah, there is nothing that I like about the buildings in this game - from the pastels to the plain jane texturing to the architectual style and the repetitiveness in my shots are the worst. :]  But that's last thing I worry about in a new city builder because you know that is always the most uploaded item - buildings - and this community creates tons of great ones in styles for everybody. I  wish I could model, but maybe I'll brush up on my C# sharp skills and come up with a useful mod or two. :D

For you guys trying to build up a CBD but have trouble getting commercial demand - I just found out that the parks are satisfying commercial demand because of the tourism associated with them. Delete your parks, watch your commercial demand skyrocket.

Better to create your own parks or there is a park replacement mod on the workshop, that's what I did for now.

Finally got my airport! And I put it really far away from the entire metro area, but its right off the freeway for two fast options to the city. You can still see the downtown from this distance too - seems so far away.

Cities_2015_03_15_21_35_45_95.png

yeqKDwv.jpg

Agree about the repetition. Also surprised that the office buildings aren't taller...or at the very least there aren't a few tall models. I guess we have to rely on those unlockable buildings! Either way, this is downtown Schollenberg, my first city. Not much planning went into it...the next one will be better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Cork
      I made a lot of bashing posts on skylines and other games from the same company on this forum and I want to say sorry and will stop from now on. 
    • By Arnold J. Rimmer
      RELEASE DAY: Need save own roads (from next2) in asset editor what seems broken

Hey all!
      This is my first serious project
      This gonna be my seat of Seyuba!
      based on Seychelles

all content at one place!

IF YOU HAVE ANY GOOD IDEA, LET ME KNOW!

Planned stuff:
      Max. 30k pop
      Small "city" with only one famous avenue
      Many different rural areas - using new technique: using networks instead of props mostly - soon video
      "Poor" living for locals, high life for tourists
      One two lane highway across 1/5 island, other gonna be one lane roads
      Airport
      Harbor
      Port
      Sport district
      Hope you enjoy!
    • By OcramsRzr
      I have become more familiar in 3Ds Max and even gained enough expertise in it over the past few months that I think my skill level is approaching a point where I think I am good enough to start making mods for Cities: Skylines. I started practicing in 3DsMax to make brick rowhouses for the game Banished but since I am more interested in Cities: Skylines now and my buildings were practice so I can mod C:S, I decided to start a new project of making buildings just for Cities: Skylines.

I whipped this building up over the course of 4-7 hours today. It would have taken only 1 or 2 hours had I not made a ton of mistakes that required me to start from the beginning.

It will normally grow on a 4 tile wide x 3 tile deep lot with the ability to grow on a 4x4 lot with a backyard.
      FYI, I plan on making a ColorMask for the outer 2 rowhouses so it could have more variety (bright red, pink, tan, and whitewashed).

Please give me feedback to help me improve the quality of my creations.

Thank you!

--Ocram
    • By Mr_Maison
      Hello everyone. This will be my custom content showcase and workshop thread. In all the years I been a member here, I never uploaded any content but enjoying great work by other members. I take this opportunity to say Thank You to all content makers for making our city building experience so enjoyable. I feel that making content is overdue for me and I want to give back to the community. I have some buildings and trees that I will be showing in upcoming updates to this thread. I will also be asking for advice and help.
      11/19/2017 Release: The Christmas Tree Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1205112717

More info on last pages of this thread.

Note: This post was edited 5/29/2015 to reserve this first post for all current updates.

• By Avanya
      So I figured I might as well make a topic here, as this is most likely not gonna be the last time I ask for you guys' oppinion.  If I remember, I'll post WIP and releases of my buildings here.
      My current project is a bus depot that fits the european theme and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - but I've ended up with two sizes of it and I just can't decide which I like the best and could see myself using both. So I'd love some feedback - which you prefer or if it makes sense to upload both of them.
      The small one is about the same size as the default one and has the same stats. The large one has slightly higher stats, but as depots can spawn infinite busses there's no benefit to the bigger one. I purely made it this large as the ones I took inspiration from were this size or bigger.
      Picture time!