Sign in to follow this  
bharmala

Biggest Regional Population

70 posts in this topic Last Reply

Originally posted by: DuskTrooper You wouldn't believe me if I told you..

But, I'll tell ya'll anyway. Montaukshire currently has a regional population of over 145,000,000. This includes the demand farm cities, of course. The actual metro regional population is about 20 million.quote>

That is that big one you have showen pictures of ? If so, I believe you.

My biggest region(which is basically the only one i play on), has exactly 14,465,102 sims. My biggest city is a large tile thats just shy of 5 million but is almost all residental. I have one large city tile that has about 3 million sims but a lot of commercial jobs in a huge mass of skyscrapers(some in games and some of the stex). I am currently making a cj on that city. Then i have some medium tiles with 1 million sims and a few 200,000 small ones. I always say big cities arent the best though. And by the way, Ettis, i think your theories on how many people you can fit into the 3 sizes are right.

Originally posted by: Ace_F15 I don't have pics either, but im at 92.3billionquote>

Unless you have a picture I can't believe this. I don't see how this would be remotely possible.

My very first private region, Muddle Earth that I have been running ever since I had vanilla is now up to 2,138,819

Well, my biggest population in a region is 500,000. I like smaller cities better (and that my computer would blow up if I tried to play a city with a million citizens).

Dusktrooper and Ace_F15, show us some pics. That would be interresting...

great cities every one, my biggest is coming up to 8,000,000, still working

but i have a question for all of you

is there any where, where i can download cities and regions with big population????

wow i knew it was huge, but not that huge! well ive never really stuck with a city long enough to develope it much, always delete them because i dont like how they turned out. my largest regional population (which consist of one city, since i cant develope a single city without deleting it... lol) was about 500,000 i believe. i only wish i'd taken pics...

If you have a really big region (i.e., at least a couple of hundred large cities), you could get a region with a billion pop. Simply make a large city with a few million pop, and then then copy & paste it into all the other city tiles. You could use BATs with pop stats that are unreasonably high. But... why bother?

Originally posted by: meakin88 great cities every one, my biggest is coming up to 8,000,000, still working

but i have a question for all of you

is there any where, where i can download cities and regions with big population????

quote>

?????????????????//

oooo and can some one tell me where i can get london buildings from????/ 

thanks

My biggest region has about 5 million people, But i'm not playing the game to get high population, I like to make smal nice cities and some tiles scattered over the region as Bussines districts where I have al the office buildings.

151 million people, nice region!

• Original Poster
  • Where are your industrial areas in these super-cities?

I usually sprout up my highrises near large manufacturing areas, but I don't see anything like that here or in Montaukshire.

my region is around the 1.8 million mark. a few cities are quite big, one is just over 700,000, and i have one in its 400,000s and a few in there 100,000s and also three or four small ( rival as i like to call them) towns between 30-45000.

My region "Memorial Springs" have just reached th 2.1 million mark. I got it up to 1.8 WITHOUT any BATs. I only have one region well I have more but I only play one and thats this one. So I did not even download any BATs Modds or anything until 1.8 million. And I just gained 300,000 sims in the past month off all my bats and modds I got. So 2.1 million here!

My Phoenix Homeland has 8.1 Million People in it. I did that mostly without bats and such, but when i started up my Cj's, I downloaded alot of bats and such and sprouted my popluation. I hope to break 10 million by the end of summer vacation.

The Muddle Earth region has run since I got the game about two months after it came out.  It started in the vanilla version, but is now under RH + NAM.

Attribute

Value
    Residential Population

Commercial Population 896,507
    Industrial Population  

Biggest city in thie region is:

City Name Ohwhatawetness
    Residential Population 682,753
    Commercial Population

Industrial Population    

City Funds   

§44,575,180

How would you stop you water being polluted? Mine gets polluted at a mere 10,000 mark. Then I spent thousands on pipes and stuff 3.gif

My biggest was 40,000. I was so proud.

Originally posted by: Jinxed. How would you stop you water being polluted? Mine gets polluted at a mere 10,000 mark. Then I spent thousands on pipes and stuff 3.gif

My biggest was 40,000. I was so proud.quote>

Keep your water sources away from industrial and farm areas.  it's OK to pipe water into them, but if you start a well there, you are in real trouble.  Farms, especially orange groves, are bad polluters.  Dirty industrial (I-D) is also really bad.

If you can afford them, water purification plants are a good thing, but very expensive.

See...

I never get over one-million. My largest is 1,081,566. I usually have a lot of water in my cities and regions...

Dunno why, but I prefer beauty over everything else.

I also had a problem, despite low traffic, subway, highway, and bus systems, of commute-times among my cities for a while. It turns out it was because of all the high-wealth residents.

I usually mark medium-wealth homes historical now, to prevent that.

Either way, my cities themselves stop growing at around 250-300,000. I'm content with it, though.

Do you have a huge lot for these millions of sims? And do you have some sort of cheat, or hack? Annnd, do you build industrial in one area, commercial and residential in the other? Because by the looks of the picture posted before, there was no industrial zones in sight. edit: And, do you have all areas on flat land? Sorry for all the questions, Simcity 4 is quite a confusing game!

My first ever region when i got this game was the default San fran region that came with the game and got to 6 million

clipboard017kz.jpg

That San Fran region is possibly how Maxis wanted it to be... how did u get the oakland bay bridge to form over two adjoining city tiles? (or is there a small strip of land right on the edge of the tile?)

My regions were about 2 million max before adding the STEX stuff etc. I tend to go with the idea of creating a nice looking city. I downloaded the landmark mod (the one that makes the landmarks "useful") and that boosted it to over 3million in a couple of days of playing or 3 years on the sim clock... 4.gif 

I have 2 regions that i am currently playing. I am building on the default New York region, which currently has about 1.5 million sims. my other is a downloaded region of Salt Lake City, Utah. That has about 350,000 sims. i hope 2 get at least 15million sims in each region. At least.

btw Nois3, nice region i started with san francisco but that was when i was a beginner and i just abandoned it because i hated the way it turned out.