Sign in to follow this  
bharmala

Biggest Regional Population

70 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

What was the largest region you have ever built or are building?

When I mention biggest region, I mean highest population.

I'm currently at 9.1 million and growing...there are 2 major cities of about 1.1-1.2 million each.

Welcome to Simtrpolis. Private Message me for help. Wow thats a big region you got. Care to show any pictures 2.gif. The biggest I have mine is just shy of 1,000,000 sims.

You guys are crazy, most of my cities don't even hit 500,000, they usually die for no reason before that point. Reigonally maybe around 500,000, but this was before any mods/BAT's were put in my computer. Now, they just die around 100,000.

My current region just flew past the 2.2 million mark... hopefully it will get to 8 or 10 million. Most of those sims live in one city of 1.35 million. The other cities have 400k, 250k, 100k, and 100k. The main city (the largest one, all cities so far are all on large tiles) has had several slow downs or halts, but is still going strong. I think the region is composed of about 50 city tiles... about equal thirds of small, medium, and large tiles. It is a custom region of an irregular shape.

It would seem to me the more important question may be "what is the largest tile of size 'X'?" .. spreading across a region is just "go to start, redo, save" over and over..

my regions got around 2 mil now...1 large city of 1.3mil. I've only filled a tiny portion of my region. For some reason i seem to be slowing down and building more complicated, smaller or medium cities. I used to be all over the place but now i have the patients to do things :S wow ive changed...Rushing a city, taking time, then precise and accurate features...wow i should do some homework!

....internet stuffed up..keeps doing that!!

dang....... is that just completely gridded because that is what it looks like....... my largest is a 5 million sim community with unpredictable terrain (not very reconciled edges)

Originally posted by: luker91 dang....... is that just completely gridded because that is what it looks like....... my largest is a 5 million sim community with unpredictable terrain (not very reconciled edges)quote>

yepp 4.gif

That's my first region. I had only 1 goal back then... Build as many skyscraper as I possibly could without plopping!!!

Here's the one i'm currently working on, see the difference? 3.gif

http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload0/hihi---.JPG

My current region is at 65,000 3.gif

lol...it's mostly low density residential...it is heavily gridded and I am currently adding mass transit so I can increase the density.

I'm new at SC4 (have experience with the other sim city games though). I just started a custom region and have 10.000 sims spread out over 3 small cities. I'm aiming for a 2 million region. I'm curious though, what are the population possibilities of the three city sizes. What are reasonable populations for small, medium and large cities?

Originally posted by: Modena81 I'm new at SC4 (have experience with the other sim city games though). I just started a custom region and have 10.000 sims spread out over 3 small cities. I'm aiming for a 2 million region. I'm curious though, what are the population possibilities of the three city sizes. What are reasonable populations for small, medium and large cities?quote>

Well, if you take my two medium sized residential tiles at the middle top (The big blue, gray slab of skyscrapers) as an example. They pack over 1.4 milion sims each and that's with buildings from original sim city 4 rush hour and without any cheats except SMM (Simtropolis metro mercy hospitals) if you can call it a cheat.

Because

A small tile is 1/4 the size of a medium tile

A large tile is four times the size of a medium tile.

You can theoretically pack

350 000+ sims on a small tile

1.4+ milion sims on a medium tile

5.5-6+ milion sims on a large tile.

That's without plopping, cheating or dilapidating exisiting buildings.

The "plus" signs are there because I do have some commercial zones in there. If they were replaced by residential. 1.6+ milion sims on a medium tile won't be impossible-

It has been a while since i played the game, but i've been checking the forums regularly

My biggest region is about 11mil people. In that region, i have medium cities of 1.2 million people.

I mostly use the large tiles to put in my industry. If i build res and comm in a large tile city, my computer lags...

i included some pictures of my largest region (11 million sims)

post-76241-12985065711305_thumb.png

post-76241-12985065713458_thumb.png

post-76241-12985065715196_thumb.png

post-76241-12985065717176_thumb.png

post-28416-12985065719407_thumb.jpg

post-122819-129850657209_thumb.jpg

post-95700-12985065722291_thumb.jpg

my biggest and current region is my CJ, Newtopia Valley. it just hit the 800k mark last night. I have a few cities over 100k with my biggest large tile city at about 300k. most of the rest of the region is rural and industrial cities. actually the region is only about 1/5 built. I figure I could have well over 3 million by the time the region is full, but, I am not going for numbers I am going for realism and aesthetics.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you..

But, I'll tell ya'll anyway. Montaukshire currently has a regional population of over 145,000,000. This includes the demand farm cities, of course. The actual metro regional population is about 20 million.

My current, and biggest region have 3.8 million and still growing. The population is located to four major cities(400.000 - 620.000) and their suburbs.

No pics..

Here is my main region from my CJ.

Phoenix%20Homeland2.jpg

At last count i was at 7.705 Million People. And the largest country inside that region popluation wise is 5.5 million people.  Its also a Super-region at nearly 4.5 times the standard Maxis region.  The Largest City (tile wise) is 638,301 People. I aim for bothe popluation and as well as astecits of real city looks. Im also in the process of rebuilding while cities,(miltiple city tiles). So its a gigantic task. I have a few other regions as well. including a simmars colony, but thats been hard to get to (the game keeps crashing).