3 Screenshots

About This File

Large city built by Bomberbaby along an isthmus.

Note the names of certain buildings and neighbouring cities.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By shawn cheah
      In episode #1, we kickstart the city by building up a small island and than looking to spread out our city in the next episode. We so far have began to build our skyline, and commercial districts and the iconic japan neon light street. Project Japan is a humble attempt to build a somewhat realistic looking Japanese city situated somewhere between Okayama and Kobe on the northern shore of the Harima-nada sea. Japanese city series are almost non-existent, perhaps because of the serious ack of Japanese themed assets on the workshop. Finding inspiration can be tricky. Therefore, revamps are to be expected throughout the series, as i get better at building Japanese cityscapes and/or new assets become available.
      Find out more by watching my video below. 

• By Raphaelscfan
      Hi, I'm fairly new to SimCity 3000. (I started out with SimCity 2000 back in the 1990s, then stopped playing it for a long time, then rediscovered it a while ago when I discovered Dosbox, and then switched to SimCity 3000 shortly ago. As you can see, I'm more into older games.)

I'm currently playing SimCity 3000 Unlimited - to be precise, the version that's for sale on gog.com. Now, in my latest city, there was a long period when there was near constant high demand for residential, so I kept zoning more residential, and the population kept growing, but there was almost no demand for the other zones, so I created very little of those. Now with population steadily growing and commerce and industry stagnating, realistically you'd expect unemployment to skyrocket, but it staid consistently low. So my question is: How ist that possible? And is that normal in this game?

Oh, and in the same city, at some point, the game stopped animating surface trains, and they never came back (although queries still show traffic on the railways). All the other traffic is still animated. Is there any way to fix that?

Thank you in advance!
    • By Mikimoto26
      Pegg Bank began as an experiment in city building using techniques that would prevent the Infinite Commuter Loop, an issue this Mayor has always dealt with.

Named for the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car on the episode of Top Gear at the time, Simon Pegg.

This coastal town began with 4 little towns in a surrounding region, only one being connected by a single road to the north.

The town began along the coast, focusing on Manufacturing industry. Soon the growth spread to commercial and more people began to move in.

Currently plaguing the city is the mass of commercial buildings that have taken over the majority of the coast. As seen in the photo above, it is the same time of building over and over.

How can this city move beyond this sprawl of commercial?
      With hardly 20K sims living in Pegg Bank, upgrading to high density commercial is not an option at this point, even with the healthy budget with a surplus of at east a few thousand over expenses.

Residential areas are compact, with the majority of buildings being constructed on a 1x1 tile.

The residential developments are created in pods of 10x10 with roads or streets 2 tiles apart to lead the 1x1 homes to the main street down the middle. That main street will lead directly to the commercial (where the majority of sims work)

How can this small city expand, knowing that the majority of land area will go to commercial builders?
    • By VitroOliveira
      City wide fire station plugin or dependency fault... help please...

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections