4 Screenshots

About This File

Jan Mayen is a volcanic island in the Arctic Ocean and a part of the Kingdom of Norway. It is 55 km (34 mi) long (southwest-northeast) and 373 km2(144 sq mi) in area, partly covered by glaciers (an area of 114.2 km (71.0 mi) around the Beerenberg volcano). It has two parts: larger northeast Nord-Jan and smaller Sør-Jan, linked by a 2.5 km (1.6 mi) wide isthmus. It lies 600 km (370 mi) northeast of Iceland (495 km (305 mi) NE of Kolbeinsey), 500 km (310 mi) east of central Greenland and 1,000 km (620 mi) west of the North Cape, Norway. The island is mountainous, the highest summit being the Beerenberg volcano in the north. The isthmus is the location of the two largest lakes of the island, Sørlaguna (South Lagoon), and Nordlaguna (North Lagoon). A third lake is called Ullerenglaguna (Ullereng Lagoon). Jan Mayen was formed by the Jan Mayen hotspotAlthough administered separately, Svalbard and Jan Mayen are collectively assigned the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code "SJ". - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Mayen

I worked a lot on this map. It contains oil, forestry, minerals, and animals. The theme is Winter. It is very smooth and ideal for building. Recommended for players who want more challenge, as it is very difficult to strategically figure out how to maximize efficiency in this map. Have fun.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

There are no reviews to display.

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By gobrowns
      I use the Cleyra Map and Theme and everything looks fine when I first load it, but when I save and come back to continue, the colors are off and the graphics don't look as smooth, especially along the coasts. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks!
    • By Violator31
      Looking at my profile I see it was four years ago when I first happened upon these forums.
      I really liked SimCity 4.  I bought the "SimCity Limited Edition"  and I wasn't happy with it at all. So I kind of fell away from the game. Recently I decided to get back into it.
      When my Mom died & I was moving into her house, I found the old "SimCity 4 Box" set during my packing. All of the fun I had playing the game was enhanced when I learned that I could create & use my own maps. I have always been into photography so I have Photoshop on my pc. I had so much fun making those maps, & tweaking them to work better.
      Many years ago I did buy the STEX Collection of discs, but I can't find them now. Being a pack rat helps & hinders all at the same time.... you know you have it somewhere, you just can't locate it within  everything else. So I will be purchasing everything again (I always seem to find the originals after I purchase the replacements). I'm asking for a little help, please...? I remember having a problem, years ago, when I had items stored in the wrong folder & it would create issues when trying to use stuff that was dependent on it. The help,.... would any of you experts be so kind as to direct me to creating the right folders for the right items in order to keep all of it working properly, please?
      I will be downloading the NAM as well, but I won't do so until I have the new discs so I can get it all stored properly. I was pretty disgusted before when I couldn't use certain items & I really want to avoid that this time. 
      Until I get the discs I will be dabbling in photoshop creating maps.
      Thank you in advance for ANY help you may provide. 
    • By core8al8x
      This map is meant to represent the typical terrain of the russian far east.
      The map includes the stretch of Amur river that i used as a base, hilly terrain with a few small mountains and rivers,most of the map is completely fictional except for the river and surrounding hills.

• By G.B.Lobo
      Hi there, simple and kinda dumb doubt: 
      So I created 2 islands not connected by brigde (1 large and 1 small island), since they are too far, well, is just makes no sense connecting them by bridges. Now, I have buildings and people living in both islands but the games creates these missions, e.g. mayor mission "Ribbon Cutting for [mayor name], and you have to drive his limo around, well you know. Thing is, the mission starts with the limo in the large island and you have to get to the small one, which is not connected by brigdes, only by ferries. Is it possible to travel with the mayor's limo (or any other vehicle) by ferries? I know the answer might be negative, but I'm asking just in case XD.
    • By Kanne
      This is my secound map!
      Its not good but its ok
      Have any questions just ask me

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections