• Hellken
    Hellken

IncGamers: Cities: Skylines Infrastructure highlights

At the end of last week Paradox held a live stream for Cities: Skylines and now there's this edited version.

Last Friday Paradox and Colossal Order held an hour long live stream for Cities: Skylines, their city builder which is due for release next year. The Paradox video editing guys have decided to chop the hour long chat down to a 13 minute segment which they are calling "Gameplay Infrastructure - Highlights".

----

More videos here: http://www.incgamers.com/2014/09/cities-skylines-infrastructure-highlights-snipped-from-live-stream

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Everything about the game looks as if it was crafted to make you think "SC 2013 but without everything that made it bad". The UI looks almost identical and the graphics look very similar. Very excited to see how it will turn out.

Share this comment

I'm surprised how much of a 'clone' (really, it's funny visual-wise) of 2013 it looks, giving me the vibe they just took 2013 and litterally build on it.

I hope the hype is justified.

Share this comment

I don't get how this could be looking like SC? I mean the grapfics are much nicer, buildings are more decorated and dont look like crappy plastic boxes. Even the people,cars and details on streets look more detailed than SC and its still alpha. 

I am really hyped about this game. Cant wait.

Share this comment

I like what I see and that is just an alpha. I'm sure when the beta comes along there is going to be more building variety. Also terraforming would be nice plus fillers: parks, carparks, retaining walls and so forth would be nice for bolstering a cities appearance.

Share this comment

It is hard to even call this an alpha,  It was more like an open kimono on what the development team is doing and thinking.  I seriously doubt anyone could run it if they were not part of the programming group.

Looks good, though.  Much further along than I expected.

Share this comment

It looks intriguing but I don't feel like I'm going to bite the bullet on this one. I personally think its a bit of spin off SC2013 & probably just a thing just to get SC2013. I don't think this will makes as a successor of SC4 either, the limited terraforming is a deal killer for me & no night modes (Which could be added on dlc but eww..  paid DLC) I'm also slightly doubtful of the fully supporting modding, We'll see how the modding community develops & see how far it'll really go (After all, I really only sort of play games with mods so I now I can get them most out of them). But at the moment I'm leaning more towards Citybound as a possible candidate of a successor of SC4. I'm a guy that goes towards realism. 

Share this comment

the game it's still in the works, whats with that criticisms to this "alpha" preview of the game? it's very early to get conclusions, well, i'm just saying. :)

Share this comment

The game is really coming along!  Already, it looks vastly superior to SC 2013, though granted, Maxis didn't set the bar very high.  I can't wait to see what else they add.

Also, it's funny that the host sounded a lot like Seth Rogan.  

Share this comment

Looks great. As I have been to the Paradox forums and seen the feature reveals there, it seems like this game has a lot of features Simcity 2013 was missing, plus a lot of good things. Besides, it is going to have a lot of modding abilities. Hopefully this game turns out good.

Still, this is going to be very different from Simcity series, and SC4 in particular.

Share this comment

Looks awesome. Traffic looks nicer, landscape it's much more realistic, map size looks giant, there will be a map editor and probably an architectural builder too. Can't wait too see it finished and uninstall simcity 2013. Good Luck.

Share this comment

It looks intriguing but I don't feel like I'm going to bite the bullet on this one. I personally think its a bit of spin off SC2013 & probably just a thing just to get SC2013. I don't think this will makes as a successor of SC4 either, the limited terraforming is a deal killer for me & no night modes (Which could be added on dlc but eww..  paid DLC) I'm also slightly doubtful of the fully supporting modding, We'll see how the modding community develops & see how far it'll really go (After all, I really only sort of play games with mods so I now I can get them most out of them). But at the moment I'm leaning more towards Citybound as a possible candidate of a successor of SC4. I'm a guy that goes towards realism. 

Pretty bold statement considering what there is of Citybound is still not much at the moment will see if they person creating it can pull it off..

With Skylines we are seeing more and more of what is coming and at least the the developer is a known one..

Share this comment

Looks awesome. Traffic looks nicer, landscape it's much more realistic, map size looks giant, there will be a map editor and probably an architectural builder too. Can't wait too see it finished and uninstall simcity 2013. Good Luck.

You can dump SC2013 anytime for SC4Deluxe.  Watch for sales to get it at good price.

Share this comment

Love the flowing water, the big maps, and that they're gonna open it up to modding. I really hope they add a terraform feature. Could end up being a great game.  

Share this comment

I absolutely can not wait for this game, I am incredibly sick of SC13 and even though I love SC4 with a passion I am anxiously waiting for a modern replacement. If you ask me, city building is an artform, not just a game. I haven't watched the video yet, but hopefully they make sure to allow modding, and not just adding some new buildings. If they don't add full mod support they might as well not even be making the game.

Share this comment

Love the flowing water, the big maps, and that they're gonna open it up to modding. I really hope they add a terraform feature. Could end up being a great game.  

Yeah they did say that there will be a map editor or smth.

I absolutely can not wait for this game, I am incredibly sick of SC13 and even though I love SC4 with a passion I am anxiously waiting for a modern replacement. If you ask me, city building is an artform, not just a game. I haven't watched the video yet, but hopefully they make sure to allow modding, and not just adding some new buildings. If they don't add full mod support they might as well not even be making the game.

There will be. She mentioned that moders will be able to even create their own scripts and such

Share this comment

I watched the videos of the live stream and I am impressed so far. The fact that water pipes and powerlines are managed similar to SC4 alone got me interested. Also the detail of where the water pump and sewage drain pipes go in relation to the flow of the river just apeals to me. The way the buildings hug the curved roads without wasted space are a plus too. And it's being made with modding support. So far it's looking good to me. Following this with interest.

Share this comment

So far they are saying all the right things and displaying a lot what people want in a city building game... the highways and interchanges need a lot of work...other than that, personally,  its still a wait and see...

Share this comment

Puts me more in mind of SimCity Societies than it does SC4. I especially don't like all the blinking logos overhead or the blinking reminders to check out the new stuff. I may not play like the next guy or at the speed they play and that is one of the wonderful things about SC4. Like Burger King used to say, "Have it your way." SC4 lets me do that and any game that hopes to compete will do the same.

I wasted money on Societies and not going to get excited about this one. Time will tell.

Share this comment

I am hopeful for this game, but i dunno the cities in motion devs, CIM 1 wasn't bad at all minus some quirks and such, but CIM 2 is well, a lesser compared to 1. Here's to hoping they get this done right. Otherwise im sticking with SC4Deluxe.

Share this comment