Mass Effect: Beyond

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A different planet, a different person, a different story. Follow the lives of the crew of the Normandy and its stories, while discovering the galaxy one planet at a time.

Entries in this City Journal

Huston

Overview ~

The Third Anniversary to Mass Effect: The Milky Way / Mass Effect: Beyond, revisiting prominent images from 74 episodes and updates -- And a visit to a moon where dreams live and die.

d11b39a2f9.jpg

Schulmanator

MushyMushy

Thank you :)

Namiko

There's a lot of'em here, hopefully you won't come short of any :)

takemethere

Thanks a lot :)

Note: Today's ME:B/ME:TMW third anniversary -- I guess it's been a long-time and a long-way since the first update :)

Included in this is also the year's first episode [funnily enough, it's kind of a teaser -- kind of :P)

44c1b04e2d.jpg

Three years of Mass Effect: Beyond / The Milky Way, and hoping fora couple more :)

And since I haven't been here to say it, here's a belated

64CMh.jpg
t9305.gif

8b690f3863.png

02e81ae638.jpg

78c20167f1.jpg

22c7287148.jpg

[It's that kind of time again when I'm trying to figure out how the Location previews will look like -- a bit messy right now with the different themes :P]

Orbiting a gas giant world, the asari garden world colony of "Tana" is a planet host to a diverse range of peoples, drawing alien non-asari from the far reaches of the galaxy, and the many corners of Terminus Space. However, while the planet seemingly promises wealth and a life above poverty, most that migrate to this world find themselves lost in misfortune and deception; many ending up in Tana's slums and the lower levels of the planet's larger cities. While Illium sees similar such issues, Tana's situation is far more amplified as its location makes it a magnet for desperate way-wanderers, escapists from other worlds and unfortunate spacers. While it's not all doom and gloom for those who arrive on Tana, one should never be lost in its alluring calls and often fale promises.

274be9f1e7.jpg

5f920f4e29.jpg

[Consider these WIPs]

For those who seek salvation in Tana, they often find themselves landing at the port of the planet's capital. Sha'natil Hos, otherwise known as Sha'natil is the largest settlement on the planet, over 2 centuries of history building large domineering towers for the rich, and the great spread of slums and underclass urban areas. It is in this city where dreams begin or die. Of course, that's a story for another day.

Normalized Images:

Spoiler

421165e5c1.jpg

ae5f0f7950.jpg

In case you're wondering, the city consists of individually rendered and randomly generated surface sections -- I'd consider putting them up on the STEX if enough people are interested ;)

c054b967fe.png

Huston

Overview ~

Over 20 years after the reaper war, some normality begins return to the galaxy. Many of the galaxy's mass relays have largely been repaired and reactivated. With the reaper threat on the galaxy curbed, the large, formerly sentient machines now litter the galaxy's many worlds after they fell in 2186. While large numbers of the reaper capital ships, destroyers, processing ships and other classes of reapers have been removed, many still lie derelict across the galaxy. On the small asari backwater of Jotila, in the Nehyran Reach, an eager expedition crew decide to unlock the secrets of the Reapers for themselves, finding a derelict ship dead on the planet's expansive global desert.

d11b39a2f9.jpg

MilitantRadical

Thanks a lot, the 're-branding' was pretty unexpected :P

heartless

I guess it usually depends on people who want them. Sometimes it depends on me :P I'll consider packaging them on putting them up on the STEX :)

Tonraq

Thanks Carl :P

IL.

Stargate >.<       ( :P )

Artimus

Thanks, glad you like it :)

Namiko

I guess in a way it is. But ideally, it was meant to look like that in the first place (I just sucked at BATing at the time) :P

Note: While technically, this isn't the first update that takes place after the Reaper war (the updates Survivor[#30.1] and Normandy Crash Landing[#29.1] come to mind - yes, the series follows the destroy ending), but it is the farthest I've gone past the Reaper war, over 20 years in aftermath. Not sure how applicable this is, but it is how it is for now.

6d15a56f5f.png

02e81ae638.jpg

d0bffd2592.jpg
3c6128c994.jpg

On a bone dry, and near waterless planet, an asari-dominated expedition team head toward the site of a derelict reaper, a remnant of the devastating reaper war in 2186, over 20 years ago. To unlock the secrets of the reapers and the technology they behold, the expedition team takes it into their own hands, getting prepped to enter a destroyer class reaper that was downed when the crucible dispersed and unknown wave of energy across the galaxy's expansive mass relay network.

4713e9b470.jpg

bc8412acb0.jpg

d15f8d6591.jpg

a6299c2794.jpg

26c6dfc38e.jpg

55dc702903.jpg

b698f7f0cf.jpg________________________________________________________

c054b967fe.png

Huston

Overview ~

A glimpse into the later future as a seemingly routine investigation on the colony of Akuze commences. But there's still a long way before this seemingly unfortunate future crosses into John's sketchy life.

d11b39a2f9.jpg

Tonraq

I would but it's hard :P Meanwhile, I'm not sure why they weren't appearing. :P

Sexysark:P

Terring

Thanks, hopefully, there's more to come :)

MilitantRadical

Note: I have one more exam :P Anyways, with the name change, the prefixes in each update will now indicate whether the system is in the Milky Way (TMW) or Andromeda (AND). Simple as that. Also been playing around with graphics. I keep changing them just so they look better. This new planet display is closer to the trailer design of the galaxy maps. Another thing is that Akuze's apperance in previous updates has now changed to a more accurate design of the spaceport area. It looks waaaay better now :P

If you want, check out this neat before & after comparison of the Akuze Spaceport LZ.

The hotlinking isn't working, so use just go here instead http://puu.sh/izouX/13f0ff514e.jpg

6cc09b2f46.png

02e81ae638.jpg

b3b0d4524f.jpg

Perched atop the Brooklyn bridge, John looked out at the city skyline in wonder. There was little else one could do at this time of night, and considering the state of the slums in Brooklyn, sometimes he thought it was just better to get a way from it all. The bridge was a great place to settle. He'd sit at the balcony on top of the bridge, prying the old metal doors to to get in.

b0fa5df508.jpg

And when he had nothing else to do, he'd think. About anything. Everything. More so about what he'd do. Being in a gang like the Tenth Street Reds was hardly a future. Even as a child, he knew he wouldn't last if he'd stuck by. There had to be a way out of this life.

f8fadc1b33.jpg

A way out of being an orphaned street rat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

<FLASHFORWARD>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

6cc53292a0.jpg464f0d000e.jpg

16e187cdc4.jpg

4c1da8c175.jpg

To be continued...

c054b967fe.png

Huston

Overview ~

Two very disparate planets on opposite sides of the galaxy, we'll soon get to see what these worlds are like, and what makes the planets tick as the galaxy spins on.

f2d113aa92.png

gviper

MushyMushy

Thanks dude :)

Tonraq

Don't hold your breath yet, still got a bit of a hiatus going (just peaked in activity cause I've got a little time and procrastination available :P) Thanks though!

Kim Sunwoo

Just the dust clouds, steam and any light clouds. That's about the extent of photoshopping on that update :P

Bastet69008

Thank you :D

tankmank

Thanks, glad you like'em ~ Might release them later on;)

MilitantRadical

Thanks a lot, thank _marsh_ for the great desert terrain ;)

Mymyjp

Thanks a lot, really glad you could stop by and commet as well :D

Prophet42

I have thought about. It is quite fun to write stuff like this :P

feyss

Thanks a lot :D

Note: Procrastinating. I should be doing Exam revision (which btw, means I won't be around from here on to the end of June, I should really stop visiting here for a while lol. Not enough time being spent studying

:P) Anyways, here's a taste of what you can expect when I get back ;)

1cab63c4ff.jpg

efb5528888.jpg

11577ea5d8.jpg

80ddad1978.jpg

69485668ef.jpg

5b6eb5f98e.jpg

5f0901a1e3.jpg

9f6f5dcdbd.jpg

094e3f6a1a.jpg

Excited yet?

:P

4qVVB.gif

150dcf5c6f.png

Huston

Overview ~

Set up on a world destined to die, A very crucial communications relay base under Alliance jurisdiction, allowing the Alliance to carefully monitor and relay private human military communications via its several dozen QECs and its several communication bases. What is to be of this desolate world?

f2d113aa92.png

Kim Sunwoo

Benedict

Thanks, it's been a very long run, and it's ben really fun altogether :P

MushyMushy

tankmank

Thanks, and it may be some time before they get on the STEX :O

Sexysark:P

jmsepe

Ha! Thanks :P

MilitantRadical

I did put them there for a reason :P

Tonraq

Yeah, it took a while but I did manage to get it done. It was worth the time :D

Mymyjp

Thanks, I'd make a comic if I could :P

C4creeper

Thanks for that boost of confidence :P

Terring

SimCoug

Thanks for the high praise :P

TPB

Note: I'm just stopping by to show an update

:D Short and sweet. Plus a new planetary display that's hopefully hear to stay.

a28dc1d795.jpg

3bbc0d6e95.png

a66047ff25.jpg

abd5b2ab55.jpg

The Ontarom system. A hot, but bountiful eden, Ontarom is a world living on borrowed time. Like the Aite system, the planet's moon is on a decaying orbit making its way inward on a collision course with it's parent world. The decreasing proximity between the two worlds has made it increasingly difficult to live on the surface of Ontarom. Higher than average tides with ever increase lightning and thunderstorms have become a problematic hurdle to for colonization. This is still, however overshadowed by the little time Ontaromite habitability will last; and as Thonal continues its 300 year long, trajectory course toward Ontarom, the Alliance colonizes the world as a communications relay base, monitoring, transferring and communicating military information and comms across numerous Quantum Entanglement Communciators and Comm buoys.

A number of communciation hubs are located on the surface of the planet, set up by the Systems Alliance in the late 2170s.

1eb27ff7b6.jpg

7c914791e7.jpg

Human Alliance flags

0ac3fe6b39.jpg

This is one of a number of communications hubs maintained by the Systems Alliance in the Ontarom System.

c340f33187.jpg

62f4e26b85.jpg

Large Relays and Dishes work around the clock to receive and relay Alliance military intelligence.

23de993b39.jpg

Outside, supply drop offs are being managed by communications staff, awaiting transport into storages.

90e5703a92.jpg

da5daa7796.jpg

This stands as a crucial staging point and communications relay that allows for amplified communciations between Alliance forces across a variety of Milky Way star clusters.

4qVVB.gif

150dcf5c6f.png

Huston

Overview ~

With the Alliance defense fleet guarding over Earth decimated, advancing Reaper forces take the war to the ground, first landing across the world's major cities. Vancouver, home to the North American Alliance headquaters, is brutally assaulted with capital ships, destroyers and ground forces landing all over the metro. Within minutes, the Reapers lay waste to the bustling city, grinding it to a halt and forcing locals to evacuate. Admiral Anderson and Commander Shepard, with the intent to flee the city under siege, rendezvous with the Normandy along the harbor. All the while, Reapers continue their tyrranical presence.

f2d113aa92.png

Tonraq

Lol :P Thanks btw.

tankmank

Mymyjp

Thank you so much :)

coolwiththecool2

Thanks a lot. And I've answered your question via PM (you already know that :P)

Bastet69008

Kisa Atsuko

Fatjuice

It's an awesome game no doubt :P

MilitantRadical

Thanks. Just doing what I can :)

Benedict

Indeed. Thanks :)

Note: Wow. This took a while (a month and a half). And I didn't get as sidetracked as i thought. 8 buildings and several models later, I managed to replicate a scene from ME3's intro mission.

Unfortunately, I only have a long mosaic and one ordinary resolution picture.

:P Because an ME:TMW entry is never a good entry without a mosaic to top it off :P

This is the official 100,000 view special episode. The content I made with it will come gradually as I try to finish them. I might even throw in the SR1 or SR2 as downloadable on the STEX

:)

I hope you enjoy it, added some of the dialog for immersion.

f6a50d9260.jpg

LOCATION INFORMATION:

3bbc0d6e95.png

localclusterstarmap.jpg

ab8690ee86.jpg

Despite the Alliance's best efforts, the Reapers cut through the defense fleets that kept watch over it's airspace. With no fleet above Earth to defend it, the Reapers began landing quickly across the planet's continents, striking heavily on every major city. The Earth was rapidly besieged, and no country was left untouched as they continued to land. The city of Vancouver, home to the North American headquaters of the Systems Alliance, Admiral David Anderson and Commander John Shepard began making their way to evade the devastation that unfolded in front of them. Buildings turned to twisted metal and civilians rounded up and slaughtered like pigs, as the ships mercilessly tore through the urban streets.

They headed toward Vancouver harbor, attempting to make a rendezvous with the Normandy to flee the city and gain help for the war on Earth.

bf5868e2ea.jpg

9542f4bf4c.jpg

583f9af625.jpg

f942b97ce2.jpg

5984f25459.jpg

693a1b6ee7.jpg

309f4c2553.jpg

cf899dafb7.jpg

55893e465c.jpg

d8b80b5014.jpg

dc55175c89.jpg

As the Normandy lifted off, it left the burning scars of Vancouver, as the Reapers consumed the city.

Normalized screenshots:

0b8d19c761.jpg

ebe52de5c9.jpg

4qVVB.gif

150dcf5c6f.png

Huston

Overview ~

After the destruction of the first Normandy in 2183, the casualty count from its loss over Alchera number to about 20 MIA, all eventually recorded as KIA. Among the fallen is the ship's captain and commanding officer, John Shepard, in which a private memorial ceremony is held in his honor, buried in the Vancouver, Systems Alliance National War Memorial.

f2d113aa92.png

coolwiththecool2

Kisa Atsuko

Thanks Dryan. That means a lot :)

tankmank

Mymyjp

Haha, they're quite pricey. Unless you can shell a couple dozen thousand :P

Fatjuice

Lol, thanks dude :D

Bastet69008

JP Schriefer

Thanks a lot JP :D

Note: This isn't actually the 100,000 episode special. It's taking a lot longer than anticipated to make what with the extra BATing and me running out of bldg designs that are within reach...so I finally took it upon myself to finish a tedious, back breaking venture into Lot Editor to finish an episode I should've posted a long time ago. So without further adieu, here's a special intermission episode that isn't really that much of an intermission.

EDIT - Image URL directories repaired. Stupid Brickshelf. :/

9546dc528b.jpg

LOCATION INFORMATION:

487bb0eb9f.png

localclusterstarmap.jpg

earthpsdinformation.jpg

Almost a week after the loss of the Normandy SR1 over the Alchera system, a private memorial service is held by the Alliance in dedication to the SSV Normandy's captaing and commanding officer, John A. Shepard. The loss of humanity's first Spectre shocks humans across the galaxy in an event that is embedded in history. News and media outlets begin following the funeral procession and transportation closely. However, with parts of the city of Vancouver shut down for the event, highways, roadways and airspace are cleared of civilian traffic as a hearse accompanied by the Vancouver Metro Police, make their way toward the city's Alliance War Memorial.

9812a61101.jpg

cc5a6c4a1a.jpg

2bab23a7e8.jpg

Shepard's closest friends, relations, surviving crewmates and fellow soldiers are among those permitted to attend the service. And as the weather begins to turn, the depressive atmosphere only deepens.

da04e5d1c6.jpg

60a87c5ae2.jpg

16288da764.jpg

The procession makes its way towards the memorial, with the salvaged remains of John Shepard.

20974130e9.jpg

5f57427ebf.jpg

2e15047baa.jpg

fe447e3d09.jpg

a1483e4d8e.jpg

57b9d69556.jpg

c354735af2.jpg

ff3eceddd6.jpg

b51cba4afd.jpg

deca7f1044.jpg

The Service begins. Along with other high-ranking officers, most notable are the presence of decorated alliance admirals, Steven Hackett and David Anderson. Along the front seats, are Shepard's closely aquainted crewmates, Liara T'soni, Garrus Vakarian, Tali'Zorah Nar Rayya vas Neema and Urdnot Wrex; along with Engineering Officer, Greg Adams and Medical Officer, Karen Chakwas.

Standing over John's coffin holding only salvaged remains, are two other closely acquainted crewmates, SR1 Pilot, Jeff Moreau and the more closely acquanited, Lt. Kaidan Alenko.

219154f8e0.jpg

ce351bdbe5.jpg

4qVVB.gif

150dcf5c6f.png

Huston

Overview ~

As the reach of the reaper war extends further into council space, batarian star clusters are left alone to fend for themselves with no allies to call on. The batarian hegemony has been eerily silent and many war analysts, high ranking military officials and politicians have assumed that batarian territory had likely been decimated by the fast incoming reapers. With batarian space in flames and under siege, batarian colonists begin to panic, vacating colonies within days and weeks and then landing on nearby colonies, most of which are human due to their bordering along Alliance space. Watch as batarian refugees make the desparate search for safer, unoccupied worlds in a galaxy quickly crumbling.

f2d113aa92.png

jmsepe

I didn't want to fill the pictures with big words, otherwise, you'd just be reading it :P Thanks btw.

Kim Sunwoo

Thank you so much :)

pasqualegiò

Tonraq

Time sure does fly, especially when you're having fun :P

JP Schriefer

Thanks JP :)

Mymyjp

Thanks, really glad you've enjoyed it so far :D

MushyMushy

Thanks for the congrats :)

tonyr

Thanks, that's quite the complement :P

Benedict

Thought you'd like it. Thanks :P

Kisa Atsuko

Thanks Kisa, always appreciative of your comments :)

MilitantRadical

Well, thank you for having read them. ME:TMW wouldn't be what it was without its readers :)

tankmank

Thanks, and yeah, photoshopping has been quite a big thing for ME:TMW :P

Lot Creator

Sometimes I don't. I just dowse these with a little determination, and a lot of inspiration. Playing Mass Effect helps :P

coolwiththecool2

Time sure has flown hasn't it? :)

Note: It's the first official updated of the year! Unless you count #67. I mean it's an update, just not an episode as such

Fun Fact: None of the episode I've posted have gone beyond the year 2186 - 2187. I'll probably do one a while later, but for now, it's all within or before the Reaper War.

a2e625c0a7.jpg

dd38293d4a.jpg

<New Planetary Info-display interface [gives planet's more distinct apperances]>

8dceda4b24.jpg

ab8818d845.jpg

Rashina Putra (ANN Citadel Broadcasting): "With increasingly large numbers of batarian war refugees crossing into human territories, many colonial authorities are worried about the possible developments of tension and stretched rationing of food and resources across affected Alliance colonies. To discuss this impending issue, up next is Battlespace with war reporter and analyst Diana Allers. I'm Rashina Putra and from across the Milky Way, this has been the Alliance News Network.

3b80c20c44.jpg

a4e1621614.jpg

Diana Allers (SSV Normandy Broadcasting): "Hello and welcome to the Battlespace. I'm Diana Allers and here are tonight's top stories. Turian navies continue to make a stand on their homeworld of Palaven, but are struggling as reapers continue to breathe on their necks. The Quarian fleet quiet and almost of out-of-sight. Where is the galaxy's largest starship fleet? And just where are they now? Tasale under fire as reapers encroach on asari space. Alliance marines assist the human colony of Benning in evacuations, as its cities are allegedly attacked by the 'pro-human' dubbed terrorist organization, Cerberus. The fall of Earth and war analyst speculations of how the reapers took hold. More news from Earth as the cities of St. Louis, Macau, Geneva and Nagpur are destroyed. But up first, Batarian refugees"

"Many of the galaxy's renowned war analysts and even galactic politicians have thrown their opinion out into the open. The so-called "Paper-Tiger" Batarian empire has been the focus of recent talks among interests. The Alliance's awareness that incoming reapers would originate from batarian space has caused a rise in opinions that the batarian hegemony has likely been decimated. With communications transmissions escaping batarian clusters, namely in the Kite's Nest, containing the batarian homeworld of Khar'shan, many assumed that batarian authorities have liked faltered to the strength of the reaper armada. Thousands of batarian colonists fleeing occupied systems have begun landing across Alliance space, from the Exodus Cluster to the Skyllian Verge. This has been of much concern to the Alliance as the initial first wave of landings in Eden Prime has sparked the assumption that batarians were intended on invading. But as no naval forces were detected and most ships landing were of unarmored transports, some Alliance colonies have, with open arms, granted batarian war refugees amnesty on their worlds."

5c6ac42d98.jpg

"In the Skyllian Verge's Maroon Sea, the Alliance colony of Varuna in the Balkhash system has recently reported the illegal landing of batarian identified transports outside the capital, First Landing's Colony. This has been the twelfth recorded landing in the Verge colony, greatly concerning Varuna’s colonial administration. Already the colony is experiencing shortages of food, fuel, arms and basic commodities that are mostly imported from beyond Balkhash. Moreover, colonists in many affected systems taking in war refugees, mostly of batarian descent, have begun expressing their dismay over the decisions to grant amnesty to the illegal batarian refugees. Colonists of Varuna have begun their own protests against these political measures, but Varuna’s colonial government has condemned their response and continues to allow the flow of batarian refugees.”

59302eaa79.jpg

"A military response, directed by local authorities, was dispatched to secure the refugee transports and insure that there was no malicious intent as they landed outside of First Landing’s Colony. Colonial authorities also issued out a city-wide lock down and quarantine to prevent the outbreak of violence and clashes between human colonists and batarian refugees as heated racial tensions ensue. Also present at the site, many of Varuna’s colonial politicians and immigration processing officials looking to appropriately process the new war refugees. There has been a count of up to 820 new refugees that were aboard the ships.”

b164e15e6e.jpg

“War analysts, politicians and experts have warned of the potential for more war refugees across the galaxy. The displacement of millions due to reaper occupation has called for the granting of amnesty across all system’s as no single system can maintain the tantamount, shiploads of evacuating colonists. Human colonists have even begun fleeing systems under occupation, flying inward to core cluster systems that are momentarily safe.”

71d9b56664.jpg

"This is becoming increasingly common place as more systems are affected by reapers. Asari, elcor, turian and volus systems are currently under heavy shelling, and many refugees have escape to settle at the Citadel, and colonies that have yet to be reached by the war. Fortunately, for Salarians, there have been no reports of breach by reaper forces. This is prompted masses of war refugees looking to salarian colonies for shelter from the war, and scenes like the footage featured from Varuna are going to likely overwhelm the governments of the galaxy."

While some colonies such as Horizon's Sanctuary are advertising their safe havens, a lot of colonial adminstrations are still reserved and reluctant, due to the shear numbers of fleeing persons that have tasked to capacity and tested many colonies".

"Up next, our reports cover the efforts of the turian navies, as they continue their struggle to hold on to their homeworld. How are they approaching the invasion on Palaven? Stay tuned for our report on the Battlespace, right after these messages.

Here's a few normalized pictures with regular presentation of First Landing's Colony on Varuna:

e22aecf39a.jpg

8f9423f394.jpg

b2a0b63267.jpg

944c74be7b.jpg

41ad9180be.jpg

f39be261d2.jpg

3b45983795.jpg

a50925df3c.jpg

170221a45d.jpg

4qVVB.gif

150dcf5c6f.png

Huston

Overview ~

From lawless Terminus worlds, to the safety of Citadel Space; Over 40 planets explored across 68 episodes, through thick and thin, civility to war and vastly different environments that may always remain alien to the human race. Here's to two years of Mass Effect: The Milky Way.

masseffecttmwseriesbannerreplies.jpg

MilitantRadical

Thanks. I didn't actually think of it that way at first, but I can see why you think it :P

TekindusT

I'd probably rather a comic. I'm not exactly the bookish type :P

Tonraq

slickbg56

Lol, thanks :P

Mymyjp

tankmank

NielsC007

Thank you :D

Note: I've spent 4 days compiling the images and applying tilt-shift on'em, writing up extracts, creating a new high-res logo for ME:TMW and preparing some BATs for the next update I'm doing after this 2nd anniversary update.

I hope you enjoy these 66 images compiled from the previous updates that have been made of these last two years! *Note that Episode 1 is actually missing. The pictures of it aren't a representative of

Ferust in the ME Universe, and is therefore, a non-official update/episode. It's not really accounted for as of yet, until I make a V2 version that suits the City Journal better.

PS. the anniversary for ME:TMW actually isn't until January 8th. I just feel like I should post it anyway even if I'm 2 days early.

PPS. This is the second anniversary in a row where the word ''anniversary'' has been spelt wrong on the banner. *sigh*

PPPS. There's a ton of typos in these images. Just me as usual -- Ain't no body got time fo' grammar

e8f8fc8a54.png

It has been two long years since the first update of Mass Effect: The Milky Way. At the start, it wasn't even actually a Mass Effect fanfic, until I decided to incorporate the world I made into

the universe. Now, 68 episodes on, ME:TMW has...

-----x-----

Had a viewership of 98,131 in total.

Been updated 68 times, as much as 3N (my most updated CJ also at 68)

Received 807 comments.

An average of 1465 views for page

Earned 21 followers.

-----x-----

I hope you've enjoyed this City Journal as much as I've enjoyed making it. It's been nice to showcase this and there's no sign of me stopping.

Now, for the 67 compiled images. If you have a favorite, don't mind telling me! It's nice to know what people have favored from this CJ in the last

two years

:)

Finally, thanks to everyone for the views, the comments and the devotion to reading this CJ. You've been real great!!

:D

00924e36f0.jpg

14e20f64ed.jpg

4f223a770a.jpg

2f8b2b037d.jpg

4f23d2aec4.jpg

06fb3a55ad.jpg

eb651852bd.jpg

ba9e386f67.jpg

2bb2d83959.jpg

72bb02b5a3.jpg

1774e1a01a.jpg

812babb006.jpg

7c94e2ebf0.jpg

07e7ca73a2.jpg

ecd5d67cfd.jpg

4c03246a6e.jpg

7a7de1e793.jpg

3edeef6a68.jpg

c1ee765338.jpg

e1758775a3.jpg

ee06355167.jpg

6ca7c42258.jpg

ab8827a393.jpg

1c0e677bbd.jpg

bddfbf4381.jpg

cf2cd085cd.jpg

f509accdd0.jpg

da5c070584.jpg

62571d2898.jpg

e66ced4f90.jpg

4a2d018b42.jpg

aaf057baa0.jpg

98e192fbc7.jpg

294a11c859.jpg

3158608bb6.jpg

eaf6d44060.jpg

f1082b98b8.jpg

5cf753fd42.jpg

3c2e83de9f.jpg

6b4ff73c5c.jpg

82d6ee085b.jpg

a810f7d0ac.jpg

dca653a3ed.jpg

fd55a3571a.jpg

6047293848.jpg

4885b0acbf.jpg

d5679573e6.jpg

a305b73477.jpg

2505bc98bd.jpg

6879afd419.jpg

a31159d66c.jpg

e13c6a0851.jpg

f8fb415fb0.jpg

e066b0c573.jpg

adf086c687.jpg

0f39a0924b.jpg

ERROR IN EPISODE 57 : Episode Name - Watching From Afar

5f01c151df.jpg

ffda3f8271.jpg

36653b7986.jpg

e280ff30ea.jpg

0d86eb5fca.jpg

3a1ccd47ca.jpg

9e4fea8b3c.jpg

a3bfdd083e.jpg

10881ad7f2.jpg

d84ebbacfb.jpg

Those were episodes from years 2013 and 2014.

What are you looking forward to in 2015?

Here's the next episode this long-running space soap-opera

226c489504.jpg

64CMh.jpg

t9305.gif

4qVVB.gif

150dcf5c6f.png

Huston

Overview ~

Dispatched to eliminate the 'last remaining' pockets of geth along the Traverse and Terminus regions, the Normandy SR-1 and it's crew of dozens are caught under-fire by a unrecognized cruiser-like vessel. The prototype Alliance vessel is decimated by direct-hit shots, and over two dozen crewmen are lost; including Normandy's captain. Soon after, the remains of the Normandy SR-1 make planetfall on the Alchera system, with scores of escape pods of the surviving crew members remaining in orbit.

Bastet69008

Thanks a lot :P

TekindusT

Thanks Tekindus :D

jmsepe

Thank you. And to answer you, it's Nirvana :P

slickbg56

Thanks. I thought the reflections would be a nice touch. You don't get a lot of near-accurate reflections around here :P

Schulmanator

If only I had time to get the nightlights done :P

MilitantRadical

Thanks for the explanation. And thanks for 6/5 :P

KonstantinII

No :P

Mymyjp

Majhost comes and goes sometimes :P

Ln X

Simul8ter8

OKAY THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLEMENT. I'LL RESPOND IN CAPS AS WELL BECAUSE I'M GRATEFUL FOR YOUR COMMENT.

Prophet42

Sure, once I get the nightlights :P

Mymyjp #2

Cool to see you came back to have a look! Thank you for the in-depth complement. I really appreciate it :)

Hellken

Masissar

*Bows to crowd*

Kisa Atsuko

Thanks Dryan :D

tankmank

Awesome! Must've been a win win to see this update have both deserts and cities :P

Note: A short and sweet update. Consider this a Part one. We may yet return to Alchera for the

SR-1's wreckage.

planetfallupdateintrobannerspecial.jpg

Omeganebula.jpg

alcherapsdinfo.jpg

Destroyed.

In flames.

Making its last journey.

Toward its final resting place.

Sentenced to a cold...

miserable...

and nearly forgotten...

existence on a frozen, dead world.

alcheraplanetfallcompleto.jpg

Yet to ever be found again.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

An Asari commercial and economical haven, Illium is revered as one of the galaxy's wealthiest and most prestigious colonial settlements. Harboring the rich and wealthy, the asari dominated world harbors the affluent of all different races, some notably from territories in Council Space to the far out Traverse and Terminus clusters. Major population centers on this arid world garden world lie mostly to the far north and south where temperate bands and cooler temperatures closer to the planet's poles. However, while the equatorial regions are far to hot to sustain comfortable living, many small colonies remain. Here, we visit one of the citadel-like arcologies that lie in the vast equatorial badlands of the arid system.

47ply

Indeed, it is a moon base after all :P

pinkindustry

Merci! :)

Mymyjp

Prophet42

Thanks, that's much appreciated :)

jmsepe

NO WAY! It's all on the up'n'up for me :P

Tonraq

Haha, yeah, not a bad song though right? Thanks btw :)

JP Schriefer

Thanks, it's actually an excerpt from the (I think) 13th update ;)

fan o SC4

Thanks so much! It took a little while and stress to make :P

slickbg56

Thanks. Thought I'd try something different for a change :)

YINYI 911

I'll release them all in time. But the other two aren't ready yet :P

Militant Radical

Lol wut :P Thanks!

tankmank

Thanks, didn't look as I planned (problems with LODs) but glad you like it :)

spursrule14

Note: This episode was a spur of the moment, since my laptop has better capabilities in handling

high-rise rendering

:D

So enjoy this preliminary update that's going towards a bigger update (thinking of Nos Astra Illium!).

And lol, yeah, didn't keep my word on that other E65 update I was meant to do. But that'll have to wait.

rakavirctiadelupdateintrobanner.jpg

crescentnebula.jpg

illiumpsdinfo.jpg

Illium. Where the Terminus and Traverse collide with the Council Space. It serves as a commercial waypoint between these three regions of space, but as it serves such a wide diversity of businesses and cultural practices, populations and an extensive consumer base, it's also widely known for its

relaxed regulations on commercial practices while which makes this colony a particularly attractive world to do business.

Across the colony of wealthy, power-hungry peoples, the construction of various city colonies spread across in major concentrations at the farther north and south regions of the planet where cooler temperatures allow for comfortable living. Across the equator and 'tropic' bands of the planet, however, lie a few pilot colonies that resemble fragments of Illium's great commercial and industrial cities. And while these small citadel-like arcologies seem rather distant and remote, many still remain connected and are busy commercial hubs, some rather escaping the urban sprawl for the pristine arid wilderness. Others are mere research or colonial settlements that have little to do with the planetary economy.

rakavirfive_completo.jpg

The distant and remote arcology colony of Rakavir, was built by the asari in the late 18th century CE, by a few colonial asari pioneers looking towards the arid deserts instead of the growing metropolises of cities such as the glamarous planetary capital of Nos Astra. The pristine wilderness of Illium's dry badlands provide a somewhat interesting view for those who want to escape the urban sprawl. A number of big-name corporations exist on this pilot colony, that while remains physically out-of-reach from the major hubs and spaceports, remains connected via the extensive comm-networks and buoys deployed over Illium and the greater scale of Tasale Systems.

rakavirfour_completo.jpg

Rakavir's architecture remains largely of a similar design reminescent of those of Illium's major hubs. Notably, they've drawn major inspiration from the distinct construction of cities such as Nos Astra, straying away from the conventional Asari constructs of Thessia and it's other colonies.

rakavironepointone.jpg

These large arcology colonies are only one of many that dot the sparse regions of Illium's equatorial and 'tropic' bands. These colonies are often fed by large underground water systems or above ground closed-pipe systems. Spikes in temperatures that can go from anywhere between 70 degrees celcius to as high as 90 degrees celcius makes canal-like constructs near impossible and impractical in near-boiling point temperatures.

rakavirone_completo.jpg

rakavirthree_completo.jpg

These constructs are normally environmentally controlled, while buildings that reach even higher altitudes are naturally cooler. Leaving the premise without enviro-suits is strongly discouraged in the intense heat that of the arid deserts. And while there are flora and fauna that manage to thrive in this environment, the heat is far too intense for many of the races that encounter these regions. Sapient species such as Vorcha are normally the only ones that can manage without the necessity of wearing any clothing articles or enviro-suits.

Meanwhile...

rakavirseven_completo.jpg

rakavirsix_completo.jpg

In Nos Astra...

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

tmwcodexandupdatearchivemenulink.jpg

Huston

tankmank

Thanks, seems I've gotten what I was going for :)

Lexus Infernus

I've released them! I hope you still don't have a death wish for me :P

slickbg56

Thanks for the five stars :D

KonstantinII

May be, but the damage to the city wasn't all that fresh. It'd been destroyed months before. Perhaps if the bombardments was more recent, the smoke would be appropriate. But thanks nonetheless :)

SimCoug

Thanks! Glad you like'em -- you of all people as well what with your lots :)

tonyr

Thank you! :)

Bastet69008

Haha, just wait 'til you see what I have in store. New laptop, better BATs, better updates ;)

sarthakknight

BATing, Lotting and a little CTD. :P Thanks!

Kisa Atsuko

Thanks a lot Dryan :D

fan o SC4

No free healthcare? Onoes. Btw Thanks :P

Allstillwell

Released'em since we need more dilapidation and destroyed buildings/rubble on the STEX :)

urielgarcia

I'd never have expected the threats either! :P Thanks a lot, I'm really happy to make ME for SC4. It's been a lot of fun :)

SimEmirate

NielsC007

MayorTim

It's unfortunate that they never had such a vision. The possiblities with this game are practically endless. Really up to the users imagination. Thanks btw :D

ftwly

pcwhiz24

No probs, it's on the STEX. Hope it does you good :D

Alex_1210

portlandexpos04

spursrule14

Note: This episode doesn't really need a backstory since it's just a comm garrison on the Moon. There'd

be dozens of them, and this particular base wouldn't be anything special. There's a more interesting base out there on the moon,

but that's another story.

Instead, enjoy this song by Frank Sinatra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQR0bXO_yI8

e64lunarcommsupdateintrobanner.jpg

localclusterstarmap.jpg

[Luna Satellite System Information not currently available]

luna1.jpg

Fly me to the Moon, let me play among the stars.

jupiter.jpg

mars1.jpg

Let me see what spring is like on -- Jupiter and Mars... ♫

luna5.jpg

Fill my heart with song, let me sing forever more, you are all I long for, all I worship...and adore.

luna4.jpg

In other words, please be true...

luna3.jpg

In other words...

luna6.jpg

In other words...

luna2.jpg

In other words...I...love...

luna7.jpg

You.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

>----------------<

Ps. I'd like to say that there would've been more night shots to showcase, but I had...some...technical difficulties:

Meanwhile, the third bldg, wouldn't render the nightlights so...gotta render new LODs incase they go to the STEX.

>----------------<

Huston

Overview ~

One of the galaxy's harshest worlds, the unstable political landscape, heated race relations and the loss of major infrastructure left Anhur and its cities a crumbling mess. War torn Anhur, revered for its atrocities violating sapient rights, leaves its human and batarian inhabitants to paint an event, forever embedded in galactic history; and the long standing rivalry and cold distance between the two feuding races co-existing on the planet.

MilitantRadical

Lol ha, I'd prefer a singularity + wreave combo :P

tankmank

They are indeed, pretty much built into what ever a planet's environment is really. They'll be making apperances all over the galaxy :P

KonstantinII

Yes, and I'll do it some time, but not yet :)

fan o SC4

sarthakknight #1 and #2

Thanks a lot :P

Schulmanator

Someone better pay up then :P

Benedict

Thanks. All these pics are starting to get quite intensive. You wouldn't believe how many BATs I need for just one picture these days :P

Roman_Samudra

Thanks? :P

Fox

Thanks. Hopefully this goes on for a long while. I might even surpass 3N :P

spursrule14

Note: So. Much. Rendering. So. Many. Hours.

That is all.

d6836791e5.jpg

Eagle_Nebula.jpg

c1073a94ad.jpg

Torn by civil warfare, shady politics and minimum wage abolition, Amun's broken world is a disparate society, housing two races with the coldest and most volatile relationship.

It's human name, Anhur, named after the Egyptian god of war, became a name all too apt to the planet's situation. Heavy colonization, by both humans and batarian interests have the planet in

a constant state of flux. Race politics became central to Anhur's political landscape, with the interests of each race exclusive to their own; and while the planet's cities aren't segragated, a room

for conflict arose across Anhur's competitive economy. Human's living on the planet, aware of the batarian slave culture, then feared the worst when major corporations and Anhur's mixed political

body, enacted the abolition of the minimum wage. A large number of corporations then began exploting the revised legislation, and hundreds of thousands of people, at a point reaching the millions, were left despartely in employment without payment for their services. Legal slavery rapidly became widespread, sparking the Anhur Rebellion.

49e2751dcf.jpg

During the rebellions of 2176, the largely batarian faction, the Na'hesit, warred to retain their rights to their slave workers while the abolitionist Anhur militia sought to wipe

the legal slave system from the planet. At the cost of many lives and entire civil infrastructure, the two factions warred in a violent fashion. Cities across the system were

leveled to the ground by air strikes and bombardments, forcing civilian populations to evacuate. Mass displacement of populations then posed problems what were becoming

crowded cities in unaffected reigions. Both human dominated and batariand dominated cities suffered great losses and casualties skyrocketed as the wars escalated.

Warfare across the Amun star system dominated the galactic agenda, conflict reaching systems like Sekhmet and Sobek, that effectively cut off the supply of helium-3, hydrogen and

deuterium to large portions of Anhur. On the ground, more cities suffered the consequences of war.

d390fb40e8.jpg

One of the planet's affected cities, Hatun'dek [batarian designation], were among the hardest hit by bombardments. The influx of human migration to the city began to overrun

its once batarian majority population and by late 2176, it's human majority population had forced the Na'hesit to target the city in its list of attacks. While strategically unimportant until

2177, the city was intially bombarded in an attempt to drive human settlers out of Hatun'dek. In later months, the human and partially batarian Anhur militia setup fortifications

in the city in order to make advancements into Na'hesit territory.

2879cafd40.jpg

Devastated by the intial bombings, the remains of Hatun'dek and its expansive colonial prefabs and high-rises prompted a mass evacuation. Hatun'dek in 2177 was left an abandoned ghost town. A skeleton of

roads and civilian infrastructure, damaged by world-wide conflict.

b8528d6e21.jpg

The remains of Hatun'dek's downtown area depicts a leveled community with the skeletons of the once utilized skyscrapers. Prefabs lie derelict and abdoned, most to unstable

to inhabit.

7946792d50.jpg

Large swaths of built up structures collapsed or were vaporized in the ensuing fires and bombardments of the intial raid on Hatun'dek.

4680c9f6ac.jpg

In the immediate area, an Anhur militia outpost is setup in one of Hatun'dek's last remaining stable batarian high-rises. Meanwhile, in the skies, Na'hesit gunships scout the area for any potential

threats and fortifications in the rebel occupied city of Hatun'dek.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

Searching the crowded streets of Terra Nova's capital city, the Normandy's shore party of eight find themselves circled by husks and hostile units in the Reaper occupied city of Scott. With no where but the coastline, how will this hectic retrieval mission for important Intel end?

Schulmanator

Thanks, and that's a fact. Though I'm not all to distraught about it's destruction. It was owned by criminals :P

SimRico

Thanks a lot, great to see you enjoyed :)

Richie99

No need, they were built by humans :P

sarthakknight

Thanks a lot, glad you like it :)

KonstantinII

More or less, a part is floating, the rest is on an island. Thanks :)

Lord Branham

MilitantRadical

At least the criminals are taken care of :P

Pwel28

Terring

Thanks a lot. Didn't take long for the destruction to come huh? :P

tankmank

Indeed, it escalated pretty quickly :O

_A

Thanks Alec, appreciate it that you're still reading :D

Benedict

spursrule14

Note: One pic for this update unfortunately. It was actually a picture you were supposed to try and find in the last update, #61, but I don't think any could find it, or read the note part, and were informed about it

:PBut nonetheless, I guess it didn't really work out the way I planned, so here's the picture in plain sight. Hope you enjoy it ;)

9ddcea2cf3.jpg

exodusstarclustermap.jpg

a3b5e2023a.jpg

343a9fb2a0.jpg

3674d0fa55.jpg"Goddess Shepard, this was your plan?"

4eaed383c9.jpg"What? It's--eh--working isn't it?"

9c20e79f1a.jpg "I'd probably say it was, if we--uh--weren't being mobbed by dozens of husks, all at once!"

eb74141d2a.jpg"No kidding. I have no problems shooting a dozen or more husks right between the eyes, but this is just hell Loco! Even for you."

46a6684fec.jpg"GO JATIKA!"

325504064e.jpg"That drone isn't going to much damage for long."

46a6684fec.jpg"What?"

325504064e.jpg"I lov-uhh-erh-I meant..."

46a6684fec.jpg"What? Garrus, I can't--damnit--ca---can't HEAR you over the HUSKS."

0107a36282.jpg"My City Map Overivew of this city points to a coastal platform exit in this direction Shepard. If we take this street, we may be able to call for an extraction."

4eaed383c9.jpg "Great EDI! What ever gets us out of here!"

9c20e79f1a.jpg "Well, we better make it quick, there's about a hundred more them coming!"

c7fef52d1c.jpg"Are you primitives not enjoying the massacre of these soulless reaper beings? "

3674d0fa55.jpg"N-no-Not exactly, No!"

c7fef52d1c.jpg"How disappointing."

eb74141d2a.jpg"GET. OFF OF.-- ME." [shoves husk off]

[sound of approaching Kodiak]

f10c41a083.jpg"I'm moving into position, everyone get ready to make a quick exit!"

eb74141d2a.jpg"Estabon's finally made it -- it's about time!"

---------------------------------[-Boarded Shuttle-]---------------------------------

4eaed383c9.jpg "Well...I guess, I could've thought the plan through a little more."

9c20e79f1a.jpg"Definitely a little more than what I was expecting."

c7fef52d1c.jpg"I disagree. There were plenty of Reapers husks to eliminate. It was the perfect situation."

46a6684fec.jpg"Eh...for what exactly?"

c7fef52d1c.jpg"You, Quarian, would not understand."

3674d0fa55.jpg*sigh* "At least we made it out of there. This Prothean data cache will hopefully be worth all the trouble to get."

325504064e.jpg"It better be, or someone owes me a new scope. And a drink."

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

A world of water, islands and crime... Like Salacia, Trident is a planet of beauty and tropical wonders. However, harboring criminals fighting for real-estate, the similarities begin to end - Yet they begin to seem similar come the Reaper arrival, with the Alliance walking away from liberating the Hades Nexus. What becomes of this so called 'Paradise' now?

Terring

Schulmanator

Thanks, really is a good mission, chasing down the Shadowbroker ;)

Richie99

Haha, awesome, well hopefully I'll get to see it anyways -- and thanks :D

tankmank

Thanks, kind of an airport and a seaport merged :P

dabadon5

DO IT. :P

sarthakknight

Thanks, and I'll think about. Though I haven't been much on unions lately :P

spursrule14

Note: Trident System, Reaper's arrival on the planet, city gets obliterated. No more no less.

--

Wait a minute. There's more.

In this update, I've made a bonus picture unrelated to the below update. It's set on an entirely different planet involving a certain group of people in a certain type of situation. You'll probably find this one picture more appealing than this actual episode [The picture is an episode of its own]

:P. Spot the hidden picture, and to do that, you should be able to hover over a link to it. If you've found it, great job! If not, keep looking.

And this time around, I'll be making it easy. Should be a pretty big link (an invisible 18x18 px. tile if you're wondering)

6482cf0ef1.jpg

5f4a9d549e.jpg

df3bc5c5b4.jpg

Home to criminals, crime-lords and the like, Trident is a world full of unethical practice and irrational people. With prime real-estate at the doorstep of millions that reside in the system, it's attracted big money from investors and prominent criminal symbols from across the galaxy. Cities have been even built out of the very high concentration of crime and illegals that Trident has been known to withold.

f7f73f4c9d.jpgf7f73f4c9d.jpg

But come the Reaper war, all that changes.

9f742698cc.jpg

aa0305f865.jpg

2ae14606a7.jpg

Canna Island, owned by an affluent human criminal syndicate; it's been built out of stolen and laundered funds that have origins in disparate parts of the galaxy. In the possession of the syndicate, the funds have allowed them to build a small paradise of their own, catering to the criminal classes that own vast portions of the planet's 5% of total land.

6e670a3a96.jpg

a46a34d194.jpg

b57f1e86b4.jpg

And despite all it's wealth, the island and it's inhabitants lack the ability to neutralize a landing Reaper.

8fe2a59de6.jpg

And with the Alliance abandoning the Hades Nexus, there's little help to reach the cities of this forsaken water world.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

Three Locations in one episode as a commemorative tribute to ME:TMW's 60th episode. Explore Earth's spaceports, the elusive Shadow Broker Base and the time of contact between the needed SSV Nairobi scouted by the Normandy on Parag, a world of the Ming System.

f2d113aa92.png

jmsepe

Thanks a lot, feel free to ask me about anything to do with photoshopping if you want. I'll gladly help :)

Schulmanator

Thanks, second time round huh? :P

Tonraq

Thanks Carl :)

SimRico

Not to worry, I'll still be around from time to time, like now ;)

feeroz123

Thanks, it's great to merge two of my favorite games :)

Richie99

Thanks and no probs, just do which ever suits you. I'm just glad you enjoy it :P

Hellken

sarthakknight

Well thanks! :D

APSMS

Oh right yeah, finals in New Zealand are different, during the end of the calendar year so I wouldn't of figured I guess :P

gigius76

Benedict

The melted monorails is proving to be popular, thanks :P

spursrule14

Kisa Atsuko

Note: To commemorate this particular milestone, the 60th episode of ME:TMW [i only point this out as a milestone since it's near surpassing my most updated city journal, 3N, before it was defunct, reaching 68 udpates], I've compiles a few images with some massively rendered ships and vehicles which I'll be releasing on the STEX to be made available. These are also detailled similarly to what would be in the game, if not some of the environments depictions from the actual game itself.

8GHau.jpg

8GHct.jpg

8GHdq.jpg

8GHee.jpg

Earth System | Sol - Tokyo Spaceport is one of Earth's major spaceport hubs and connections to the greater galaxy. With Tokyo, alongside New York and London as one of the primary hubs on Earth, it has become a bustling industrial and trade point between Earth and off-world industries; both human and alien. Freighters arrive here in the hundreds every day, and air traffic is under constant watch 24/7, as with any spaceport in major cities across the planet.

8GHrp.jpg

2bab23a7e8.jpg

Hagalaz System | Sowilo - Shadow Broker Homebase Ship; The Shadow Broker is an elusive individual, commonly known as a singular person but has also been speculated as a collective body. With the individual identified as a single Yahg heading a wide galactic operation with agents placed in dozens of systems simeltaneously. It was then taken over by Liara T'soni who manages information brokers and agents across the Milky Way, managing from the 'comfort' of a ship amongst a sea of storms in the twilight band of the hot and weathery Hagalaz.

8GHQX.jpg

8GHSP.jpg

8GHUa.jpg

Parag System | Ming - SSV Nairobi is a Geneva-Class Alliance Cruiser that was stationed to patrol on human colony of Parag, a desolate and hot world orbiting the hot blue star, Ming. Embedded on the darkside of the scorched planet are stations that are shielded from the intense radiation and heat of Ming. As the Reaper war intensified, the need for ships in a galaxy in dismay saw the Alliance dispatching military vessels to relay information re-unify the remaining fleets of a significantly reduced human navy. The SSV Nairobi was contacted by the Alliance Frigate, the SSV Normand, enabling the Nairobi to return to the Fifth fleet and strengthen the remains of the human armada.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

The Eden Prime system has been at the forefront of the war, starting with the raid of Sovereign on one of it's farming regions and digsites, to obtain rare Prothean tech. As a region burned under the destruction brought upon by Sovereign, a 'covert' pickup operation to retrieve the unearthed beacon was undertaken by the Normandy SR-1's Captain Anderson, dispatching Shepard, Alenko and Jenkins at drop-point outside the digsite.

tankmank

Richie99

Thanks, it's all down to BATing and a creative imagination, coupled with a planet's description from the game :P

sarthakknight

Thanks, I'm glad to see another regular reader. No probs though, CJ fans are always welcome, commenters or not :)

Benedict

Thanks, the ruins of spacecraft are supposed to be hundreds of thousands of years old, hence the the color and blending :P

Note: Despite ME:TMW being an outlet and being a source of calm against my depressive moods, I've been feeling extra depressed lately, and I'm probably gonna be lessening the frequency of episode release for ME:TMW and my other active CJs. I'll update when I can and feel like it, but for now, I'll enter a sort of hiatus. Luckily, I still have about two more updates planned. And I've noticed that ME:TMW has substantially decreased in comment and viewership. It seems to have lost popularity since it first started to my dismay

:POn another note, not to confuse the timelines between this Eden Prime episode and the other one being 'Fall of the Protheans [E#13]', the timeline in this episode is setup in the 'present' eras 2183, and a snippet in 2186; hence the episode name 'Then and Now'. As opposed to the previous timeline in #13, Humans have colonized Eden Prime.

Then and Now is a two part episode, so here is Part 1 of the Special episode "Then And Now".

8nWw2.jpg

exodusstarclustermap.jpg

edenprimepsdinformation.jpg

Considered one of most beautiful and among the safest and most well protected colonies in Systems Alliance Space, it's high regard has attracted millions to its fertile biosphere, with an alluring landscape and a urban system that respects local ecology. Eden Prime was a symbol of human defense capability and ability to sustain a managable extra-solar colony. In every sense, it defined the abilities of the human race amongst a galactic society.

8nWwW.jpg

The quiet colony was peaceful, hardly attracting any negative attention.

8nX0w.jpg

It's surface spanned hundreds of miles of farmland and orchards that provided for the planet's economy and supported it's 4 million and more inhabitants. In between, small settlements were constructed, with towering arcologies that litter that surface, minimizing damage and obstruction to Eden Prime's environment.

8nX27.jpg

And no matter where you're home was, you we're guaranteed a serene view of Eden Prime's natural and cultural landscapes.

8nX4Q.jpg

Richard Jenkins regarded it himself as a quiet colony, where little interesting happened.

However, Eden Prime's ideals were crushed later on in the midst of an attack in 2183. Attacked but what was then identified as super-advanced geth flagship, the colony below was blasted and scorched as the synthetics scrounged the region for the unearthed Prothean beacon.

Meanwhile, a trial run for the new human-turian built Normandy SR-1 was being made, with stealth systems active as they made their way to Eden Prime System. With a crew dumbfounded by the presence of Council Spectre, the said shake-down run seemed more than just a simple trial. And with the Alliance's most decortated soldier on board, commanding the new warship, heads turned in an operation that seemed bigger than it really was.

8nXv6.jpg

On the ground, chaos ensued. What was then identified as the geth flagship [sovereign], had torn through the monorails that laced the area. Twisted and melted metal began to collapse onto the ground, while the rails retained the immense heat, yet to re-solidify. Below, scorched earth and burnt plants trace the path of a laser beam that bore through ground.

8nXwC.jpg

With Joker at the helm, the SR-1 approached the dropzones closest to the digsite. Debriefed and ready to move, John, Kaidan and Richard follow behind Nihlus, taking to their dropzones and make their way towards the beacon's digsite. Around them, rubble, fires and an array of smoke choked the air, and the sky was an unsettling blood red and orange.

8nXMz.jpg

Advancing towards the beacon, an unexpected turnout comes as Jenkin's is mercislessly shot by geth drones overhead. Approaching the digsite however, John and Kaidan find Gunnery Chief Ashley Williams, pinned down behind a rock among a squad of geth infantry. In a swift a attempt to save her, the two ambush the squad, knowing that they had the element of surprise on their side. When the last of the geth are shot down, a short briefing between them and Williams tells them the beacon's digsite is up ahead. But as they get there, it's no where to be found.

It all ends in a daring retreat by Sovereign, the destruction of the beacon, as Kaidan and Ashley take an unconcious John out of a colony in flames.

To be continued...

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

A deceptively hot and beautiful garden world, the remains of ship drive cores containing eezo has caused the planet's terrestrial biota to adapt biotic abilities that have caused many troubles and issues with many of Eingana's animals showing biotic tendencies that have put the lives of previous colonists at risk. Eingana today remains on the fringe of potential colonization prospects, with dangerous fauna impeding development. The only inhabitants that Eingana attracts are no more than adventurous adrenaline seekers from a variety of worlds, enjoying the scenes of ruined spacecraft, from battles fought hundreds of thousands of years before.

Terring

Thanks Terring :D

KonstantinII

Thanks, it kinda does doesn't it :P

MilitantRadical

Lol, that was interesting scene, and thanks :P

Benedict

Thanks, and another thanks for the congrats :)

Fox

Thanks Fox, I won't be going just yet! I've still got some ideas up my sleeve. Hopefully you'll still be around to read ;)

vinlabsc3k

Thank you so much for the congrats and complement :D

spursrule14

Thanks for the weekly BOTB :)

Note: Eingana is an official Mass Effect planet, located in the Amada System of the Omega Nebula. I've focused on the theme of the planet where star-ship ruins litter the surface of the planet, spilling significant amounts of eezo and altering the biology of local biota.

8iFC7.jpg

Omeganebula.jpg

8iFP6.jpg

A hot world, spanning beautiful landscape with a tropic analog, it would seem to be an ideal planet for a large scale colonization effort. But finding out the hard way, it seems that past colonists have found a fatal flaw that has discouraged colonization efforts altogether, by even the hardiest of pioneers. With studies made on the planet made over hundreds of years, Eingana's chaotic past revealed a disastrous and violent space battle, where two races approximately 127,000 years ago fought for dominance over Eingana's airspace. Where the prize was Eingana's habitable biosphere, the repercussions of the war over Eingana's airspace, fought over by the Inusannon and the Thoi'han, resulted in the destruction of hundreds, even thousands of ships which over the millennia, was brought in by the gravity of the planet, causing the debris and remains of the deteriorated ships to come crashing onto the surface of Eingana, littering the continents and oceans.

Leaking eezo from their aged driver cores, the planet was slowly poisoned and exposure from drive core eezo caused local biota to develop biotic tendencies. With animals using biotics as an automatic-mechanism for self-defense, colonists would often run into these animals, immediately being put into unthinkable situations, almost becoming defenseless against the powers of local biotic animals. With few options to avoid these vicious biotic animals, colonization of Eingana has been strongly discouraged by both Council authorities and more local Terminus governments.

8iGIF.jpg

With heat increasing the frequency of rain and storms on Eingana, rain pelts the recreational explorers that have come to the planet to enjoy its scenes and history; and if they're lucky, they may even score aged old artifacts from the Thoi'han-Inusannon war. Old spacecraft ruins litter the planet, this only being a small fraction of what actually litters Eingana's continents. With such a great cluster of ships and wreckages, setting up camp in this area seemed to be a good idea at the time. But with the unanticipated storm, it seems to be quite the opposite.

8iGJ5.jpg

Not too far from the campsite, the biotics tendencies of local biota immediately become evident, as animals display their immense biotic abilities.

8iH56.jpg

8iGKP.jpg

8iH5P.jpg

Towering high over the trees, spacecraft wreckage dominate the landscape, disturbing what would be an ideal natural scene.

8iHWc.jpg

8iH3Q.jpg

Strong winds make it even worse for the recreational group to make the best of the situation. They brace themselves as the winds begin to tear their campsite, blowing off their only overhead shades.

8iHcA.jpg

The rain and winds continue through the night, making sleeping difficult, and near impossible for the 2 turians and two humans on the expedition.

8iHg9.jpg

8iHjY.jpg

At the peak of the storm's intensity during the night, the winds startle the explorers.

8iHgM.jpg

8iHks.jpg

The storm then dies down, and clears to the luck of the group and the weather turns in favor of the group, attempting to enjoy Eingana's landscape and deteriorated spacecraft ruins. Overhead, Eingana's lone moon Barraiya illuminates the landscape, as they enjoy the cleared night sky, and vivid stars, without the spoils of light pollution. Tomorrow might be a great day, seeing as without a storm, they can go about their exploration of the ruins.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

One of the most dense and chaotic asteroid fields in the known galaxy, the Imyar Belt is host to a number of large asteroid to dwarf planet bodies. Though one of the asteroid's in the belt have been suspected of heralding a possible military or listening post installation, the Batarian Hegemony denies the existence or significance of the asteroid, Vi'Azak. But sometimes, one may be able to see past the very opaque politics and propaganda of the hegemony.

Schulmanator

Lol, thanks a lot, I love it better than Windows 8 as well :P

MilitantRadical

Thanks, I have to admit as well, Bekensteing was one of my fav locales. Had to admire the stunning view. But don't worry, this isn't the last you'll see of Bekenstein. I'll need to fit the story into this as well :P

TekindusT

Because such an undertaking would be tremendous, time-consuming and even mind-boggoling. Not to mention disastrous to the health of my PC and that 3ds Max has a lot of difficulty trying to render on my laptop. But heck that'd be a fun and worthy project :) But this is the ME universe, so it's a little irrelevant :P

Benedict

tankmank

Oh, so it did work out in the end, and didn't end up looking like disaster :P Thanks :)

spursrule14

city89

I'd made them myself for the update specifically. Again, when asking for a BAT, PM me, since I prefer it that way :whatevs:

Note: Just a noteworthy mention: I downloaded a station model that *I didn't make* but had gotten of from the interwebs XD. It's that dinky model in the center. Then I mixed it with some maxis sats and my prefabs to make the ultimate Asteroid-comm installation scene. And also some asteroid rock models floating above it. Those just make it look extra nice [even if you can't distinguish them].

81WgU.jpg

81WhT.jpg

81WiB.jpg

Vi'Azak, known commonly in the Tarak System for being one of the largest objects in the Imyar belt; to the Hegemony, it means much more. The Imyar belt, as studied and speculated, has the necessary total mass and debris to create the equivalent of 2 Neptune-Uranus sized terrestrials when clumped together. Leftover from the birth of the star system, it was the catastrophic result of the gravitational influence of the large gas giant world of Usar, as its chaotic migration towards Tarak's frost-line devastated early-worlds and proto-planets, while having possibly ejected a number of other stellar bodies as it moved pass. Imyar is now nothing but a ring of debris and proto-planetary remains, with asteroid collisions far more commonly occuring than in most other asteroid belts.

Vi'Azak lies deep within the Imyar belt, approximately 1/3 of the distance of Imyar's width, when measuring from the side closest to the inner-terrestrial garden-oasis world of Pashaan. It harbors a listening outpost that monitors activity in the Imyar belt, Usar and comm signals from the garden world system of Pashaan. It is essentially a communication and possibly a military way-point for the hegemony based in Harsa.

It easily allows for Khar'Shan's intelligence in Harsa to understand and subdue situations that arise on the worlds of Tarak.

81Wjy.jpg

81WQb.jpg

81WQt.jpg

81WRb.jpg

81WRT.jpg

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

The Eco-shard. Prothean technology witholding vast amounts of physical Prothean memories, the broken remains of a long dead race. And as Javik remembers, he goes back to a world that was long lost in the Reaper-Prothean wars 50,000 years ago.

SimRico

Same, and in any case, that's probably what's happening :P

Schulmanator

It's not as bad as it sounds. Besides, how else are those prefabs gonna be placed there? :P

Schriefer

Yeah, they're supposed to be Colony administration centers and like miniature habitation arcologies :)

Benedict

Logs!

KonstantinII

I guess it depends on the species. Horizon's animal population is largely similar as describe to Earth's Cambrian period with plenty of disproportionately large flying insect analogs on the planet. So I'd imagine some would :) And, no, the colonists on Horizon wouldn't be looking to clear the entire forest in the area. Just the areas of land they'd need to sustain themselves.

Hellken

Oh Patrick Star :P

Terring

Because human. :P Nah, I'd imagine that the scale of logging is probably just an isolated case on Horizon. At that point, I'm pretty sure we'd have probably learned a decent amount from our past mistakes here on Earth. ;)

CorpusDei

On Horizon? No, it can't be? Can it? :O

Xyloxadoria

They use asbestos on Horizon? :O

urielgarcia

Save the environment on Horizon! :D

vinlabsc3k

Thank you vinlab, that's a real complement :)

spursrule14

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: It's so frustrating to come up with updates for ME:TMW that can use renderable BATs that don't completely fry my computer to a crisp. Because my laptop is quite old, and has a pretty below standard computing power, I can only render BATs of a certain degree of detail and a certain relative size in order for it to actually render without hiccups or errors along the way. That's why I have a hard time recreating the metropolises from the game such as Milgrom, Bekenstein and Nos Astra, Illium that require entirely new towers and buildings. I'll get there eventually. But for now, enjoy this serene and artistic depiction of a Prothean colony, as vaguely recognized in ME3.

For this update, there is no planetary or star cluster data codex as the planet is a Prothean colony, existing 50,000 years before the Common Era.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

7xkkp.jpg

7xkQ2.jpg

Holding an Eco-shard. An intricate example of Prothean technology, witholding physical memories passed on by generations of Prothean individuals. With such high mental capabilities, Javik grasps the shard firmly, and his mind slowly being taken into the memories of hundreds and thousands of others. Remembering worlds long lost in the previous cycle, to the devastation brought upon by the Reapers.

Worlds long lost, recalling the system of Judahr IV; a barren world of ice and snow.

7xkZj.jpg

7xl0J.jpg

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

Horizon is one of humanity's more familiar colonies, drawing heavy immigration for its high compatibility with Earth-native vegetation. But before Horizon's name was featured on the holos of vast galactic media-outlets, it was a peaceful and settled Terminus Colony, one that would prompt the action of Alliance members to pay closer to attention to human frontier colonies.

jmsepe

Thanks, great to see you reading ME:TMW. And the game is in the title :P

MilitantRadical

Ouch, that was a really sandy update :P

Schriefer

KonstantinII

Well, it's not the most habitable garden world :P

Schulmanator

Thanks. Utukku just isn't winning any brownie points with the crowd :P

MaTSW

It almost is, like a habitable Mars before it died :P

Fox

Thanks, must be hard to follow the storyline though -- they're not at all in order as you probably figured out. Might post an update that orders all the episodes in their respective timelines. And cool, I'd love to see them being used in Asgard! :D

tankmank

Yep, trained to adapt to any situation and any environment. And definitely one of the most experienced and renowned soldiers of the vast galactic navies of The Milky Way.

SimRico

Thanks, it's good to know you enjoy the series. Thanks for the 5 :)

Note: As humans expand beyond Earth, and further beyond Sol, some old human habits die hard. But some...don't.

7fXhI.jpg

7fWBB.jpg

Preserving the environment...

7fX20.jpg

We're doing it wrong.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

Reports of Rachni plague Krogan comms after a scouting team in the Utukku system, beyond the rachni relay, causes for question the possibility of the ongoing existence of the rachni race. As Wrex warns John about the abnormality in the Traverse, he along with Garrus and James join the already deployed Aralakh Company, a renowned group of Krogan commandos, searching for the missing scouts. As they land at Base Camp, John and Garrus find themselves being greeted by a familiar face.

Terring

These scenes don't take as long as you think hehe. Usually, editing takes longer :P I guess it's more up to determining what you want as a result before hand so you know what to do and how to do it quickly.

MilitantRadical #1, #2

Sorry haha, I must've read it around the wrong way. Thanks a lot though :)

tankmank

Indeed, it's a whole lotta rock and dust. Not really that interesting, except for the batarian colonies lol. And those shifts are indeed grueling, I mean 24 Hours! :O

Schriefer

Thanks a lot! :)

CorpusDei

Nope, and neither has my laptop's processor :P

gigius76

Thanks, I just had to fill in the lack of sci-fi and terrain/environment/atmosphere variation in CJs :P

SimCoug

Thanks a lot! Despite you have been gone for 2 months, it looks like you've been way busy then I have :P In any case, it's great to see around again and can't wait for you to throw in an official SorGun update!

Benedict

Ultimate huh? Thanks so much! That is indeed a conveyor belt, though I pretty much just improvised the space shuttle launcher from SOMY :P

Note: Hey, sorry for this rather disappointing update. It didn't out how I wanted it to, and my poor observation skills have made this recreation somewhat poor. But in any case, it seemed okay to showcase, so I hope you think it ain't too bad

77sih.jpg

77sag.jpg

77sjt.jpg

Utukku, a barren world in the Mulla Xul system, is a world situated in old rachni space. Though considered a habitable world, it's intense weather has almost scared of all potential colonists looking to settle new frontier worlds. Thus, the planet remains a barren wasteland with few thriving flora and virtually no land-based fauna; most confined to the small seas of liquid water. After letting the rachni queen live on the Hot labs of Noveria's Peak 15, John and Garrus, knowing very well that they let the queen go, begin to drift into thought as to why they would hear about rachni years later. Being that the queen was left off on the conditions that she would never threaten to start another war, scouts gone missing on the count of suspected rachni sightings on Utukku make this report strange, and somewhat bizarre.

77syH.jpg

They head towards the base camp setup by the initial scouting team sent to the system on an unknown mission.

77sBb.jpg

Cortez lands the shuttle down on the edges of the camp, close to a group of gathered krogan, Aralakh Company.

77sDH.jpg

77sIx.jpg

De-boarding the Kodiak, as John looks out to the sight of tall cliffs and rocky landscapes, in front of him approaches a silver plated krogan. Giving a warm welcome, Grunt seems happy to see John joining him to fight what he definitely seems to think is rachni in the caves where the scouts were reported missing. After months, they catch up on their way to the caves, finding out that Grunt had become the CO of Tuchanka's most renowned and respected military company, despite being artificially bred.

77sW0.jpg

And with that, John, Garrus, James and Grunt make their way towards the caves below, in the chasm right next to the camp.

To be continued...

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

On the desolate world of Awanur, suprisingly neighboring the human colony of Ekera and blanketed by vast barren deserts of rock and sand lies a batarian-operated mining facility. Striking at the vast deposits of copper, tin and aluminum, the batarians of Awanur's Takolik Unorac Mines remain oblivious to the construct behind the ring of rocks, having not detected its presence, due in part to their lagging technological advancement, and partly due to their ignorance. Solely focused on the mining operations, and often closely watched by the Hegemony, they mine and refine and ignore the humans of the barren neighboring garden world Ekera, keeping cold but tensionless relations to keep the peace and non-aggressive co-existance of batarians and humans in the same star system; a phenomenon that rarely presents itself in the Milky Way.

Schriefer

Bastet69008

Thanks a lot, the Wow's appreciated :)

KonstantinII

There not actually necessarily futuristic slums per se, given drell tech at that specific period would've been equivalent to the early 20th century on Earth. And I'll see if I can upload them sometime, but they're not yet ready :P

feeroz123

No, these pictures aren't from Mass Effect; they're from SC4. I just recreate the same environments and locations from the game in SC4, and as such, tell a story as well :)

Schulmanator

NMUSpidey

Thanks for the epic comment :)

gigius76

MilitantRadical

Lol, they are, but they aren't exactly 'smokestacks'. They're supposed to be Arcology-like slum superstructures -- pretty much slums going up :P

TekindusT

I thought you'd like it, just that touch of grunge, ghetto and rust :P

Nirwanda

It wasn't exactly intended on being futuristic -- I was trying to portray a bit of primitive alien society, but whatevs, Thanks a lot :)

Alex_1210

Realistically, corporations care little for their consumers, even if they attempt to create an image that seems customer-friendly. I'm not generalizing that they all are bad, but for corporations, profit comes first. It's like why oil companies dominate over green tech, they try to quell the advancement of green tech and buy the favor of governments with prospects of wealth from obtaining oil. Profit always comes first, and if it means swaying governments and stalling the development of alternative energies to make bucks out of the depleting reserves of oil and coal by tearing through the environment, they'll do so with little hesitation. The actual company might tell you otherwise. And if that isn't evil, I don't know what is. And if people are always getting that impression, and the storyline is far from unlikely, considering the Earth's already damaged biosphere due to heavy exploitation.

SimRico

Hey, it's really awesome of you to comment! Thanks :)

GeometryMath Algebra

Beacuse the existence of slums demands it. Thanks :P

IL.

Thanks, and I do hope so too -- not my preferred way of living :O

#1SithLord

Thanks, it's just me to enjoy reading the codexes and then translating them into SC4 :P

tankmank

It's what I aimed to do! :)

Benedict

Thanks, that's quite the complement :)

Note: This episode features a batarian colony established in the same systems as a human colony. Yes. The galaxy is just begging for trouble. But low populations on both worlds mean nothing's gonna happen. Phew. I guess it'll be a war to fight another day huehue.

And to be a very typical episode of ME:TMW, it involves a mosaic. I actually only realized that the majority of all ME:TMW episodes contains at least one mosaic. Oh the results.

70DfQ.jpg

5i1X5.jpg

70DHR.jpg

Teytuuna in a region of insignificant space, hardly drawing the presence of pirates, and lacking any true social and political instability. Despite the odd and rare phenomenon of neighborly batarians and humans; on planets right next to each other (Yet still millions of kilometers away from each other), little tension exists between them, and given the rocky history between humans and batarians in the previous wars in the Skyllian Verge, conflict, whether violent or passive aggressive, would have every reason to exist in Teytuuna. But no. It remains a zone of indefinitely calm relations, triggered by the distant, stone cold interactions between the batarian colonists of Awanur and human colonists of Ekera. Keeping quiet and distancing each other is the one thing that keeps the peace within the system.

As human colonists of Ekera remain out of watch of the Alliance, the batarians of Awanur remain a little less fortunate, being under the constant guard of the Hegemony. While still attempting to breakaway from batarian space, the batarians of the system mostly mine as an occupation. Although Awanur's atmosphere has a detected composition of oxygen, the quantities are still far below that of any species to be able to breathe easily on the planet. The heavier presence of carbon monoxide doesn't better the possibility of breathing outside of environmentally controlled areas; and with gravity two times that of Earth's, one could feel quite heavy and weighed down on the planet. Fortunately for the batarian miners of the planet, the corporation heading operations spared no expense on mass effect field generators.

70Drf.jpg

Mining for the vast deposits of tin, copper and aluminum, Takolik Unorac Mines is one of Awanur's largest mining operations, composed of a worker population of both paid employees, and traded black market slaves, ranging from races such as humans, turians, elcor, asari, and even batarians. The facility operates for hours on end, and given the planet has a 40 hour day and night cycle, it gives superiors plenty of reason to overwork their employees, going for over 24 hours in a single Awanurian day.

70Eur.jpg

After 20 hours of daylight from Teytuuna, 20 hours of night follow, and the mines light up to break the eerie darkness. Takolik Unorac employees still have another 4 hours of work to go in mining operations, not to stop until their 24 hour shift is complete.

70EzS.jpg

Only a few more hours until worker shifts are shuffled, but on Awanur, it seems like a lifetime.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

Rakhana, the arid homeworld of the drell was a once world to behold, before their exodus from the planet by their first contact saviors, the hanar. Though stretched with harsh badlands and scarce water sources, the drell fared in the low billions on the planet in the later pre-millenia centuries. But as the industrial age dawned, their rapid expansion and technological advancements as well as rapid overpopulation and growing demand forced their world and civilization into a devastating self-destruction. Witness the despair and poverty the drell faced before the inveitable ecological destruction of their homeworld.

Schulmanator

Thanks, and yeah, the rain on Sirona really is a downer :P

MilitantRadical

Thanks, and I'm actually not too sure, but I'll try to keep an eye out for it - and the domes had no nightlighting b/c of a -- black out from the lightning strikes. The lack of nightlighting was intentional :P

tankmank

Thanks, but they weren't actually slums since those prefabs provide a way higher standard of housing quality then your typical 'slum'. Though I guess, with the building placement and all, it does kind of give of that slum feel :P

KonstantinII

Thanks, and maybe -- I'll look into it :P

Alex_1210

Thanks, and I usually make it for my own use, but I ponder on releasing them on the STEX, but again, they're usually incomplete (usually no nightlighting :P) I'll probably release them sometime soon though :)

MatTSW

Terring

Thanks, and I'll see I about uploading them sometime

Tonraq

Whacky huh? Thanks? :P

Benedict

Thanks a lot, always great to see you stopping by :)

spursrule14

Note: This new episode is focused on a vaguely described planet known as Rakhana, the homeworld and native origin of the drell which, before the complete self destruction of their homeworld, were saved from extinction by the hanar and formally reside on the planet Kahje, with over 300,000 drell co-existing with their first-contact saviors. This depicts the despair and poverty they faced on their homeworld as they slowly destroyed their planet in industrial expansion, and without interstellar travel capacity, could not save their kind from inevitable extinction.

WARNING

MASSIVE MOSAIC AHEAD:

1024 px x 7841 px

6REW7.jpg

6RFhZ.jpg

Rakhana. The arid homeworld of a reptilian-like humanoid race known as the drell. Adapated to a world of harsh climate, scarce water and few natural resources, they fared well over thousands of years, and in the later centuries before 2000 CE, managed to serve their population that sat in the low billions. But as the industrial age dawned, rapid industrial expansion and technological advancement began to take shape, causing an upsurge in employment across the planet, and saw their quality of life rise in swaths of modern drell civilization. But their rise to technological mastery became their sudden downfall. As industry expanded rapidly, the scarce resources of Rakhana were gradually exhausted, from their world's mineral wealth, to its natural surface resources. Pollution and toxic industrial waste began to plague water sources, and the exhaustion of underground aquifers and above ground reservoirs caused mass water shortages for prolonged periods, far longer than the average drell can fare through. Weeks without water sometimes became months, and only with the alarmingly increased rate of floral and fauna extinction across Rakhana did it become obvious that their world no longer had the capacity and resources to support any kind of life. Years passed, and food shortages starved billions, and with the rise of overpopulation, their growth from low billions to 11 billion pushed the drell goverments of Rakhana to the edge.

As their situation grew dire, untold violence in an increasingly divided society saw the world split into the rich and the poor. Affluent drell afforded the necessities, water and food that was no longer in reach of the general populace. Governments slowly moved into aristocracies, and unemployment skyrocketed on ever exhausted planet. Almost mined out of minerals, the once thriving industries began to thin into a few chains of companies that dominated the planet's resources and almost non-existant economy. The impoverished underclasses and unemployed resorted to dwelling in make-shift slums houses, which engulfed their once beautiful cities, and often would develop large city scale slums within a matter of months.

The drell at the time lacked the capacity for interstellar flight, and with no means of saving their own species from self-destruction, they were left to a dying planet with 11 billion desparate people. Their civilization was rapidly deteriorating, and they had few means of saving their world, Rakhana from its inevitable descent into lifelessness. The kind of world humanity in the late 2000s narrowly avoided through the discovery of Prothean FTL travel and Mass Effect technology was what the drell had fallen into, a world of poverty and resource exhaustion, with Rakhana's ecological system and biospheres failing and slowly disappearing. Where violence and mere survival became the primary reason to live. Where slums dominated vast swaths of land.

6RJri.jpg

Amefaas City. Now dominated by slums built by the unemployed and lower working class. Violence is widespread across this city, where homicides, suicides and turf wars are rampant in the streets of the slum districts of Amefaas. Factories that helped destroy the planet's environment lay in between the patchwork homes of locals. Tall, slum arcologies formed when space ran out on the ground. Filled with markets and housing, these arcologies became widespread across Rakhana's great cities. Dry lakes, rivers and reservoirs like the one above taunt the thirsty, as water becomes one of the most precious and most expensive commodities in drell society. On a planet that didn't have as much water to start with as on Earth, it has become a serious battle for what little resources on Rakhana remains. Electrified chain-link fences topped with barbwire lined the perimeter of the water reservoir site, where water pumps sinking into underground aquifers brought water up for surface distribution. Though very little of this water was likely to go to the working drell and below.

Drell society was bottoming out faster and faster, and solutions were difficult to search for in a still technologically primitive society. And time on the life-bearing Rakhana was short. Civilization couldn't hold out much longer, and nor could their homeworld.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Huston

Overview ~

Ashley Williams was a serving Alliance marine and a crew member of the SSV Normandy SR-1, under the rank of Gunnery Chief. Born on the colony of Sirona to a large family with three sisters and her parents, she took after her father, and took interest in his career in the marines, though had almost rarely seen her father. Her life saw her move to more than just one colony, but being born on Sirona, it made it her first home and her own 'homeworld'.

Terring

Thanks a lot Terring! It's great to see you around, reading ME:TMW again. :)

Schriefer

Thanks, the mosaics were quite a lotta fun to make :P

MilitantRadical

Lol, thought so. I tried to get it as best as I can, but it was hard to get the brightness right without losing the rest of the Lens Flare effect to the right. Thanks though :)

sejr99999

No, thank you for the comment :)

Alex_1210

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

SimRico

Huh, I didn't think you'd favor such a plain image :P Thanks!

CorpusDei

Hehe, on Tiptree? Not a lot :P

Hazani Pratama

spursrule14

Note: There's been a spell of bad weather across my latest episodes lol. Not any better that the next colony is quite a wet world. In this Origins episode, the character featured is; Ashley Williams, an Alliance marine reassigned to the SSV Normandy SR-1 after the Geth attacks on Eden Prime. She is born and raised on the colony Sirona, living in quite a large colony in the planet's vast native forests. In this update, the year is in the early 2150s.

1 of Undecided Origin Episodes: Ashley Williams.

6JxVR.jpg

localclusterstarmap.jpg

6JxWF.jpg

A large colony on Sirona. In the depths of vast native Sirona forest, the planet's vastly humid surface has created a lush planet; And as humans discover Sirona through Prothean derived FTL technology, these forests, undisturbed for thousands years, are cut down to make way for new human colonies. But wary of the delicate environment, and still having vaguely familiarized with the local ecology, the ecological damaged one to the planet is minimized by regulating allocated land and constructing arcgologies.

But in the low density zones of a colony city on Sirona, is a very young Ashley Williams, born to a large military family who serve the Systems Alliance. And despite not seeing her father as often, being that he's stationed to other systems and locations off-world, having three sisters can make what would be a quiet prefab, rather busy.

6Jy9d.jpg

She lived among a sea of prefabricated living modules, littered across the deforested extra-terrestrial land. It oftened rained in her area, though it never stopped her from getting out of the house to do something outside, be it play or run around town.

6JycY.jpg

She would often run through the vast side-streets and walkways between prefabs, talk with friends and when her father was here, would often spend time together outside of the house; one on one, or with her sisters.

6Jyh9.jpg

Sometimes, she would run up to the labs on top of the hill to get a view of the colony. Even when it rained.

6Jyj3.jpg

The hill wasn't at all too high, but it was rocky and steep in areas, make it challenging to find a decent and yet fast path up without having to go the full way around.

6JykK.jpg

As it continued to rain, local weather stations forecasted that the storm would get worse by the evening. And with that, people got into their prefabs and locked themselves in, bracing for the storm to come. So did Ashley, once her mother called her in.

6JylP.jpg

And worse it did get. Thunderstorms began plaguing the colony. Because the prefabs were constructed out of metals, the sturdy prefabs didn't budge against the wind, though the electricity around the colony didn't fare as well when lightning strikes began overloading local power station.

6Jyo0.jpg

The only light that illuminated the colony that night was the lightning strikes that manifested from the clouds above.

4qVVB.gif

4v5fE.jpg

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections