The Illyrian Empire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Kostelec - Modern port

Sign in to follow this  
Daan300

Today part two about Kostelec: the first part of the modern port and some of the more recent city districts.

The modern port is located across the river that runs through Kostelec, the sea is to the left on this picture. Besides the port some of Kostelec' "modern" districts are located here, housing estates from the 1970s and 1980s. Most of the dockers and their families live here. Also visible is the southern entrance to the Harbor Tunnel, connecting old Kostelec (top right, not visible here) to the port. 

PR07a.jpg

PR07b.jpg

From modern port to old harbor.....

PR09anew.jpg

PR09b.jpg

PR09c.jpg

PR09d.jpg

PR09e.jpg

PR09f.jpg

PR09g.jpg

The Harbor Tunnel. Old Kostelec is located to the bottom right.

PR11.jpg

And an overview of this entry.

PR12a.jpg

PR12b.jpg

PR08.jpg

Goodnight and see you next time! Thank you for visiting!

Sign in to follow this  

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

Simply fantastic port...never seen those types of container seaports before! It's all put together so nicely, one of the best collection of pics I've seen.

DC 

Share this comment

Wow! Seriously splendous! The first picture is my farourite, its really quite amazing and the port blends so well together... nicely done avoding repitition! I spotted the yellow apartments  ...really like what you did with them! Ive gotta ask what set the crane and containers are part of, Ive got one final part of my own port to complete and have been looking for a set like that. Thanks daan!

Share this comment

Whoa, that mosaics are amazing... And there's no need to say the huge amount of hours you've spent terraforming, plopping and taking care of each detail of this seaport! My congratulations!

Share this comment

• tigeria: thanks very much! Actually, most of the apartments are plopped, growing them like this is rather difficult.
  • Schulmanator: always grate to see you here! Thanks.
  • Adrianor: thank you very much!
  • Monay: thanks !
  • DCMetro34: great, thanks! I think these container ports were one of my first downloads from the stex, I've always liked them very much.
  • Jamonbread: I was waiting for you to spot the apartments! I honostly cannot find the original set on the stex anymore, but here is a link that should contain more or less everything.
  • TekindusT: Thanks!!! And you're right, it did take my a lot of time. That's what I split it into several entries, I am now working on the final entry: the second part of the modern port and some additional city districts (don't expect it too soon though, still lots to do and I am also going on a holiday soon, so...).
  • Guibanez_: thank you very much !

Share this comment

in the second to last picture...where can i find those buildings with the smoke stakes? and those buildings with the green stripes? awesome work too by the way.

Share this comment

• kolnikov inc: thanks! So, the green striped buildings can be found here and the ones with the smoke stacks came from simcitypolska.pl, unfortunately however the download section seems to have been emptied. Furthermore, I can't find the buildings on the stex. 

Share this comment

After a long time I´ve looked to Your CJ, and yeah, it is still fantastic what I see. I love Your work...
greetings eufl

Share this comment

Nice port and some nice ugly sins in concrete!

Only a little bit too much of ship traffic in the harbour entry for my taste. 

Share this comment