Random & Random.

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Science Fiction | Before ME:TMW

Huston

R•E•P•L•I•E•S

Schulmanator

Thanks. I think I emptied the bottle of choc syrup out, and I'm outta sprinkles too. Guess a little choc sauce will have to do :P

Fox

Thanks, despite this only being about 99% vanilla :P

NMUSpidey

I thought so, it wasn't purely vanilla hehe :P

Benedict

So plain and ugly I guess. I mean the buildings aren't so bad, but other things could do with some work. In terms of Ice Cream, nothing at all :P

Schriefer

You may need to check up with a local optometrist to make sure your retinas aren't damaged :P Thanks.

TekindusT

Ha, if only :P

Tonraq

Lol, that road and industry on the hill really wasn't the smartest idea :P

Ln X

It is isn't it? Although that is the beauty of SC4 now :P

Neto Dari

jmsepe

Same here too, I mean I'm not saying all the maxis buildings are ugly but there are quite a few that I can't say I like. And I guess that I mean pure vanilla -- ya know, without all those transit mods, terrain mods and terrain affecting slope mods and extra MMPs :P

APSMS

YES. The maxis default lotting for most buildings is horrible. Especially the used textures they have for some of them -- patched ornmental-like concrete base textures that were pink? Ick. And definitely picky about the trees. When I first discovered MMPs and custom trees (Back then I used CP's mostly), it was a total revolution for me. But lol as well, the grid-ness of Freemont :P

_A

Thanks, it's a lot to say about my horribly designed and lack luster vanilla city :P

CorpusDei

Ha, yeah, that hill hasn't been popular with a lot of people, nor do I think its any better :P

Hamish

Yep! Definitely agree with that! :P

Before Mass Effect: The Milky Way, I had a series of attempts at sci-fi cities. Some were okay, others were downright u-g-l-y. This was one of my attempts and I've never actually posted this anywhere other than a skype-chat I had literally years ago. Ha! how time flies.

So this is Polaris, a small industrial city of 14,000 to 30,000 (I don't really know) supposed to be located on a frozen moon called Correlia. Its sole existence revolves around extracting hydrogen and helium from Correlia's atmosphere and refining it for fuel in various technologies. There's a lotta glass in this update so you know.

7eGCn.jpg

7eGJo.jpg

7eGKg.jpg

7eGWA.jpg

7eGLt.jpg

+ My Old sci-fi attempt with one of Llithustania's state-capital cities. You've probably already seen it, but it's such an old image, I just thought I'd dig it up to show again in addition to these other sci-fi pics.

7eGRP.jpg

7eGSu.jpg

That's it for now, check in again at Random & Random for anything new random topics and pics!

23 Comments

Recommended Comments

That is stunning. It looks like a 'planned city' where a skilled architect has used a specific palette of materials, styles and colors to create a harmonious city. Really brilliant, highly original work here.

Share this comment

You should go back to making futuristic cities. Mass effect isn't really a "proper" city journal. It's just a collection of scenes in sc4.

Share this comment

The lone building reminds me of the movie 'Aliens'. Great pictures otherwise, all of them. Your Mass Effect series is absolutely great, too. No idea how much work you have to put into each update, but it's got to be a lot of hours.

Share this comment

Hey man, as usual your submission here is beyond amazing. What I love so much about your artwork is that they are so incredibly unique, unlike anyone else. Now, I will admit some of your ideas seem to come from the Mass Effect series, but I won't admire them any less. I would like to know though, are your works functional? Do they actually simulate anything? Or are they only a bunch of static plops?

Share this comment