• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Which road shall I take?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will my CJ center around..?

• Suburbs
    • Metropolis

I'll be starting up my CJ again, as it's summer time, which means more time for stuff I enjoy. The question is, how should I start it up. Should I focus on building a fully-HD suburbia viewed exclusively from zoom-6?

7323601882_eeea6ae954_k.jpg

Or should I focus on a more contemporary metro area, such as one inspired by Boston or Chicago?

7323595796_3eaaf15e59_k.jpg

7323687920_8c5ffe5e86_b.jpg

You decide! Tell me what you'd like to see. Before you do make a decision though, keep in mind that the suburban area is 95% HD (only 1 in 20 props/buildings are meant for zoom-5) and it will focus on hyper-detailing and realism. On the other hand, the metro area centers around a sunken highway flanked with some pretty cool skyscrapers and sunken highway walls (which I BATed).

Let me know what you think, and be sure to click on the pictures for full size, there is a big difference! I love to hear what you have to say, especially now.

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

For those who are wondering about the roads, I am not using any sort of mod. Rather, I place a 1x1 lot at the end of the road, go into lot editor, extend the lot to 1x16 or whatever I want to overlap the actual road, and add base/overlay textures.

[quote name='ggamgus' timestamp='1338688225']
You can turn off grids by pressing "G". I love this CJ and all the roads. :D
[/quote]

I know, but I often forget. :P Thanks for reminding me though!

Share this comment

0.0, I am utterly stunned
About the roads in the first picture, did you make them yourself? I think the process is batting, lotting, and then making it transit accessible...

Share this comment

[quote name='Bipin' timestamp='1338691488']
For those who are wondering about the roads, I am not using any sort of mod. Rather, I place a 1x1 lot at the end of the road, go into lot editor, extend the lot to 1x16 or whatever I want to overlap the actual road, and add base/overlay textures.[/quote]

I think I understood that somewhat...But I'm confused on how you get the lot transit enabled.

-EDIT- OH! I see now it took me a while to understand completely.

Share this comment