3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

So, I've downloaded NAM and installed it successfully in my computer, however I would like to know what the "Network Addon Mod Controller", the last item in the Build Highways and Ramps section. It looks like some kind of plopabel object, but I can't place it, wherever I try. Is it just to show the current version of my NAM?

To further add to it from the NAM Team side, it is indeed a placeholder that is more intended to show information about one's NAM installation.  The info shown does not pertain to the Traffic Simulator, but to the NAM Controller, which is a file containing the three main multi-network RUL files (RUL0, RUL1, and RUL2).  It is essentially the "brain" of the vast majority of the added network features the mod includes, in combination with the Individual Network RULs file, and the Bridge Controller.

In the days before the Controller Compiler (which originated in NAM 32), it was a useful diagnostic tool for issues created by Controller conflicts.  Nowadays, it's not of quite as much utility, since Controller files are compiled on the fly, rather than being already packaged as they were in earlier versions of the NAM.

-Tarkus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By zebulon_stonehenge
      I just discovered an interesting way to provide huge income for growing small towns. Check out the town "Arnek" shown in the attached images, for example. It's a tiny, sleepy agricultural town, with about $250/month tax income and $1500/month in expenses. Normally it would go bankrupt in a big hurry. But this town is actually profitable, even with taxes set low! And it didn't do a deal with Dr Vu (waste dumps, missile ranges, Area 5.1, etc). Instead, it's funded by monorail!
      Normally, a monorail in a tiny sleepy town would be a boondoggle. But, if you establish a regional monorail system stringing many towns together, preferably with just one monorail station per town (preferably a high-capacity plugin station, not the low-capacity one that comes with the game), and have some towns be mostly residential (more people than jobs) and others be mostly commercial and industrial (more jobs than people) then sims will make heavy use of your monorail lines, and the income from each monorail station will far exceed it's expense. This can actually fund an entire small town, giving it money for services that it couldn't otherwise afford (police, fire, medical, schools, transit, landmarks, etc). See the purple line in the attached region linking "Lud", "Arnek", "High Desert Plateau", "Alpine Moor", and "Calla Bryn Sturgis". That line is being used by up to 43,000 sims each day in some areas! And every town along the route reaps the rewards from the transit ticket sales.
      I'm curious: how many folks reading this have already stumbled across this way to generate revenue? And how many find this to be something new to them?

• By tariely
      TL-Medium Freight Rail 9x7
      A relot of  North Country Dude (ncd)’s creation.
      The lot is transit enabled on four sides ; its properties are the same.
      See ncd’s content on the STEX ! 

BSC_MEGA-Props DAE Vol01.dat
      BSC MegaProps CSX vol.6
      BSC MegaProps Jes Vol01
      BSC MegaProps Jes vol04
      BSC MegaProp Pack Jes vol6
      BSC Mega Props SG Vol01
      BSC MEGA Textures Pack (vol.3) [go down the list]
      Maxis Prop Names & Query Fix (All Maxis building props with proper names.dat) [optional]
      HD North American 40 ft semi-trailers vol.1
      Models & Desc only for :
      MM 40footbox45Roadway 
      MM 40 footbox90FedExGround
      MM40 footbox90blank
      MM footbox90DHL
      OrangeTSC MegaProp v01
      rfy_warehouse_Props.dat (beginning of the list)
      SM2 Prop Pack vol3
      SM2 Prop Pack vol7
      SM2 True DTR Sidings
      Tamorr_Family_Prop_V1.dat,in Tamorr’s Resource 2.05
      Tariel-Rivit’s Essentials
      wmp_power_props01.dat, in WMP Power Lots
      UMW_Industrial Props (Underworlds)
      and Girafe Berries…
      ***Mac players may need merged.dat*** (included)

Many thanks to my technical gurus, Rsc204, Kosc and Dreadnought. And especially Rivit, who lighted my SC4world and is always generously ready to help. And the guys and gals on the forums (Twalsh, Matias93, Fantozzi, Tyberius06, Catty-cb, Corinamarie…). We need help when we begin peeking under the hood of SC4. That the community is always there for us noobies is very comforting.
      General warnings :
      (1) This is for SC4 Rush Hour.
      (2) I play with NAM36, RRW-EU selection (it shouldn’t interfere here, but you never know !)
      (3) I also play with Twrecks Maxis HD Tree Replacement (if you don’t use it, your trees might look a bit different ; perhaps you should use it…)
       (4) I play Nights. Depending on your using or not a Light Replacement Mod, the lighting will be slightly different, but There Will Be Light. If you dont want it, you can either tweak my lights in the Lot Editor or take them out of my Essentials  folder dep.
      (5) I like trees. I make intensive use of trees. Especially Girafe tree collection on the LEX ; so here’s the link, once for all ; just follow it into the woods, when indicated.
    • By johnvosh
      Well, I finally decided to start getting back into SimCity 4 after years of not playing it. Took and installed it on an old System I've had for quite a while. Specs are;
      Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1.5gb dual channel DDR400 ram, Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro2 motherboard, 20gb Maxtor hard drive, Windows XP SP3, Radeon 9600pro advantage 256mb, Sound blaster audigy, 1280x1024 resolution on a 17" Dell LCD monitor.
      installed SimCity 4 and the Rush Hour expansion plus the latest patch and the latest network mod. Going to start with the tutorials and then then see if I can get my old save games to load.
      Going to be upgrading to an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ in the next month or so and staying with Windows XP. Then need to get the fastest AGP video card I can find at a decent price.
    • By coolant1
      Hello, I'm new to this community, but I did play SC4 before.
      It's been quite some time, but this time I want to make a city in a colder climate, which the default settings just won't do.

So I searched for some climate mods and tree mods, controllers but I'm a bit confused.
      BTW, I don't go for super realism or something like that, unlike some other people dedicated to the community..... honestly too tedious for me lol.
      so maybe tree controllers and the hassle might be over my head,

but honestly I can't stand the oak trees when it's supposed to be -25C in winter and 20C in the summer.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to find

- A good enough climate mod that demonstrates the continental climate (I think -25 ~ 20 C is a bit colder than the average Europe), or one that I can easily change the settings (I only know a little from Ilives Reader, nothing else)
      (Preferrably with snow in the colder seasons)
      - And a tree mod or some tree addition, stuff like pines and other evergreens (I don't honestly think I could bother with the complexity of tree controllers, but maybe I could give it a try...?)

Well, I tried a search but it's harder to find what I want than I thought...... help is much appreciated.
    • By tariely
      TL-Pooty Santa Monica Promenade & CS $$ PLOP
      I’ve always found that promenade really nifty but I felt it would be even better with more flexibility – and lighting, of course ! So I added lights, and some more promenade stuff, and pedmall pieces to link the buildings and existing pedmalls  in more various ways.
      The original Pooty Santa Monica Promenade is here.
      Pooty’s content on the STEX is there.
      -------------------------
      Dependencies
      BSC_MegaProps_Kevdan25_Vol01.dat
      BSC Textures vol.01 
      MAS71 Props Vol.01.dat
      Murimk Props vol02  (Murimk_Park_props_1_small.dat)
      Network Addon Mod 36  (NAM_props.dat)
      Paeng_resource_Parks205.dat
      PorkieProps-Vol1.dat
      RVT zNightLighting  (zLightCones_RVTNite.dat & RVT_ParkLights2.dat)
      SPOT_C-rc100.dat  (direction arrows)
      Tamorr_Family_Prop_V1.dat  (in Tamorr’s Resource 2.05)
       wmp_power_props01.dat  (in WMP Power Lots)
      Many thanks to my technical gurus, Rsc204, Kosc and Dreadnought. And especially Rivit, who lighted my SC4world and is always generously ready to help. And the guys and gals on the forums (Twalsh, Matias93, Fantozzi, Catty-cb, Corinamarie…). We need help when we begin peeking under the hood of SC4. That the community is always there for us noobies is a constant and pleasant reassurance.
      General warnings :
      (1) This is for SC4 Rush Hour.
      (2) I play with NAM36, RRW-EU selection (it shouldn’t interfere, in general, but you never know !)
      (3) I also play with Twrecks Maxis HD Tree Replacement (if you don’t use it, your trees might look a bit different ; perhaps you should use it…)
      (4) I play Nights. Hence the RVT zNightLighting dependency. Depending on your using or not a Light Replacement Mod, the lighting will be slightly different, but There Will Be Light. If you dont want it, you can either tweak my lights in the Lot Editor or get rid of them entirely.
      (5) I like trees. I make intensive use of trees. Especially Girafe tree collection on the LEX ; so here’s the link once for all ; just follow it into the woods.

***Tariel's Content here.