Mary miller

Mary Millers Creations

217 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am creating this thread for anyone still using my creations to request or bring to my attention something that needs fixing or not working properly.  Whether it's my Mars content, my L.O.T.R content, or SC4 content. I will do my best to repair. 

At the moment I have begun work on my Mars content. 

****NOTE****

If it is a night lighting problem I can not repair that as my original gmax files are lost. 

Please keep that in mind when you post your request.

• Original Poster
  • Looking through my farm lots it would seem that they are going to have to be rebuilt from the ground up. And uploaded. Looks like prop packs are missing as the links no longer work. Rendering my lots unusable now.

Beginning to wish I had stuck to my own props.  Looks like alot of my own work is also missing from the STEX. Wish I had gotton back here alot sooner. 

I will extend this thread to include requests as well.  My specialty has allways been farms. 

30 minutes ago, Mary miller said:

Looking through my farm lots it would seem that they are going to have to be rebuilt from the ground up. And uploaded. Looks like prop packs are missing as the links no longer work. Rendering my lots unusable now.

Non, they haven't disappeared.

The links are not valid anymore because the whole adresses of stuff on the stex has a different format than before.

You have a number in the old links. Google this number and "simtropolis" and you'll certainly find the new adress.

Or you can just google the names of the prop packs.

Many of the dependencies for your lots have been consolidated into prop packs on SC4Devotion. Datanode and PIM-X are your best friends for tweaking/fixing/updating your files. Datenode especially, as it will point out whether something is still missing even if you have all the dependencies you know of. The LD file in your .lot files may shed light on what's missing...

Godspeed on your quest. It is appreciated.

c & p this into Google:

"Mary Maurine Mayo" site:http://community.simtropolis.com/files/

Does that help? Or did you already know of those? And you can c & p just the name part of the missing dependencies in place of the name inside the quotes to find other stuff. And / or do the same search for props on SC4Devotion's LEX.

Well got this to the lot editor today and only one thing showed up on the lot. Boy I sure leaned on alot of others work in the past. Im not even sure if this lot was even growable at this point. 

It was a 5X7 lot.  It seems to be def messed up. Hope I can fix it and reupload it. If it's not growable it may take a bit. 

It does look by the read me files that I used alot of simpegs dependency s. A couple by couch potato. 

I think I am going to start by dowloading all my own prop packs then download one farm at a time rebuild them and then reupload them. 

Give them all a much cleaner and less cluttered look. Looking at the above it just seems like a plain mess. And I should have enough of my own props by now to remake these farms. 

You may wish to consider using PIM-X rather than the lot editor provided by Maxis. It is, in essence, an extremely powerful upgrade to the original. Reading the manually is critically important to understand its endless feature list. While the learning curse is akin to climbing Mount Everest, in the end the tool is easier to use than its predecessor. Datanode is an auditing tool that will tell you if dependencies are missing, if something is wrong, and much more.

Just a curious question but why did the BSC Team leave Simtropolis?

I will have to wait till I get on my laptop to check out the file above. The mobil version took me to some add page then to sc4 devotion. 

10 hours ago, Mister Giggles said:

You may wish to consider using PIM-X rather than the lot editor provided by Maxis. It is, in essence, an extremely powerful upgrade to the original. Reading the manually is critically important to understand its endless feature list. While the learning curse is akin to climbing Mount Everest, in the end the tool is easier to use than its predecessor. Datanode is an auditing tool that will tell you if dependencies are missing, if something is wrong, and much more.

I got the files.. however when downloading the datanode it brought up 3 files since i do not know which one I will need I downloaded all three. untill i can figure out the new tools i will be using what I know. I also have to get all my prop packs installed on the other pc along with these tools. I cant get simcity4 delux to work on my laptop.

2 minutes ago, Cool_Z said:

Not talking about SC4 specific tools.

Can I suggest this ? : 

http://getgreenshot.org/

just grabbed it. I know but I dont know alot of whats out there as I have not had to do alot of this stuff in what seems like ages or even a decade. I have lot of catching up to do...lol...

I grabbed all my prop packs and will be uploading them all in one zip file to make it easier to find. Have to test them to make sure they all work. Does anyone know how to remove items from a .dat file.I need to take the outhouse out from one .dat file cause it seems to be broke. 

Yea thats what I would like to do. I want to make it as easy as I can for anyone who wishes to use my new lots to find the props. 

Ok I know I downloaded that I just have to figure out where it went to. I may have to redownload it.

After much frustration this little lot is on its way to be finished. I finally got it to show up in the game no big box. Seems something got corrupted in the building file used on its prev version. Totally unfixable. So had to make a new buidling file and use that instead. So it now grows again. Much to my relieve. Its not going to look the same as the above pic. However it will still have a cleaner look to it. Will not be so cluttered.

5x7 farming lot

113 jobs

Growable does grow I checked

Night lighting non.  May not be turned on. Or the bats didnt get nightlights.

Amish style really oh and if you look closely you will find an outhouse Haha ... Lol..

And the effect farm horses didnt exactly work out as planned but maybe for the fun of it I may just leave it. 

Edited by Mary Maurine Mayo  

Extended post for more details on lot

Is this the correct linky for the update? JBMLittle House Farm Tree Farm

11 hours ago, Mary Maurine Mayo said:

Growable does grow I checked

Yep, I got one to grow in my game. :)

When you get some time it'd be great if you can update the STEX description to include the dependencies list. I just dropped it into my plugins and got brown boxes when it grows. Then (after ofc) I read your included .doc file and see there are dependencies I'll need to get.

Good luck and keep up your fine work on your collection.

Edit: I believe this is one of the deps: JBM Farm Buildings Volume 1

1 hour ago, Mary Maurine Mayo said:

That farm on the stex is obsolete. It will no longer function. This one will replace it and as a bonus all dependencys will be included.

Oh. Cool. I saw that it was updated Friday and thought it was the one you were working on. @Mister Giggles is in chat and found the one I edited in to my post. He has since located every dependency.

having a problem with creating a prop. i have the model file which loads into the sc4tool program and i tell it to make it a prop, but wont show up in the lot editor.. any advice.

I have a SC4Model file and a SC4Disc file am i missing a file. 

figured it out. apparently because the prop is larger than 1x1 tile it would not show up. fixed the lovely problem. Grrrr.....

Learn something new everyday.

I was able to get datanode installed and running on my laptop. I however am still unable to get PIM X to run on either pc.

Also I can't seem to remember how to attatched or assigne the field lot. The SC4 plugin manager will only allow me to choose one of maxis in game field lots. I tried using the reader but cant seem to remember how to get to the right edit screen to do it. 

So there will be a delay untill I can figure this out. Sorry guys. 

IMG_20160706_120349.jpg

First screen that comes up. As you can see first two lines are blank.

IMG_20160706_120428.jpg

Second box that comes up. 

Pretty much the same on the other pc

Edited by Mary Maurine Mayo  

added pictures and problem