kingleno

-KingLeno's assets: Sears opens!

91 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • This is why this next asset will be my last one for quite a while. I spent probably 6-7 at work and home learning to use the illumination map with randomized lights and ranges to create shadows, finally tried it with the blue lights in the asset editor and absolutely hated the way the lights looked with the blue light. Spent about 5 minutes to create an illumination map using the diffuse color and it looked 1,000 times better. Before calling it a night, I decided to compare the two side by side in-game on my desktop (i use a laptop to design and with workshop turned off), and....my game is frozen on the Paradox logo. So f*n time consuming. Spent another hour troubleshooting.

*seems like the issue was that I unsubscribed to Improved assets panel mod so I could use the Don't Crash mod, when I resubscribed to improved assets, everything loaded without a problem. 

20160914205404_1.jpg

20160914182435_1.jpg

20160914205836_1.jpg

Sorry to hear you had troubles with your game. I had the same thing recently - and couldn't find a solution for two days. Majorly frustrating. Sounds like you really need a break. :)

EDIT: Just wondered if you are planning to release the police station before your break?

• Original Poster
  • On 3/22/2016 at 11:57 PM, kingleno said:

Been a minute since I've posted here, but here's a few things in various stages that I've been working on lately. 

*update for my Macy's

*Dillard's

*couple of seafood restaurants

*Riverboat that never got off the ground that i'm thinking about reviving. 

20161113015255_1.jpg

20161113015410_1.jpg

20161113015500_1.jpg

20161113181342_1.jpg

20161113181817_1.jpg

20161113184008_1.jpg

update

I'm looking forward to these.

I got your Express and Barnes and Noble. They look really nice, though I haven't gotten them put down in my city yet. When I loaded up an older city, for some reason a bunch of my uniques were locked. I had them all unlocked before. I don't know what's up with that, but anyway. I'm be on the lookout for these.

• Original Poster
  • New Beale Street asset that I've been working on since before MoveIt. Still got a ton of work texturing and creating props for this one. Next time I do a set of these buildings, i'm going to do them separately instead of by blocks, too many different textures. 

Screenshot 175.png

1 hour ago, kingleno said:

Preview of future shopping center. The pic is only duplicates of the first store which is pretty much finished. 

Screenshot 174.png

I'm really looking forward to this. I love run-down assets and I need more of them. Feel free to throw some graffiti on there too.

• Original Poster
  • 4 hours ago, Matthias King said:

I'm really looking forward to this. I love run-down assets and I need more of them. Feel free to throw some graffiti on there too.

There is some....but I love to use small overlapping textures so a lot of graffiti on one building creates issues. 

Capture.PNG

17 hours ago, kingleno said:

There is some....but I love to use small overlapping textures so a lot of graffiti on one building creates issues. 

Capture.PNG

Totally understand. I wish we could get more graffiti 'billboard' props so I could make my own. The ones on the workshop are great, though they flicker a lot. Not sure what causes that. But I'd always love to have more. Like I've said before, nothing says run-down like some ugly gang graffiti.

Can't wait to see these hit the workshop. Your assets are seriously invaluable. Thank you for all of them.

Just want to say I am a fan of the diversity of your latest assets, @kingleno. A small-med grocery store, a fancy cosmetics store, and the new car center. Really nice!

• Original Poster
  • On 4/3/2017 at 7:31 PM, pclark06 said:

Just want to say I am a fan of the diversity of your latest assets, @kingleno. A small-med grocery store, a fancy cosmetics store, and the new car center. Really nice!

Thanks, more like ADHD creation. I can't stick to one theme for more than a couple assets. 

• Original Poster
  • I've also been working on this Children's Hospital texture upload for since December. Haven't been able to focus on closing it out though. And this Cheesecake Factory has been in the works for just as long. I've been intimidated by the amount of different textures on there, but finally made some time this weekend to make some huge in-roads towards completion. 

Screenshot 287.png

Screenshot 370.png

• Original Poster
  • On 4/23/2017 at 7:56 PM, Sparks44 said:

Did you make the cheescake factory logo yourself?

kinda, sorta, not really. the outline of it was on the sketchup 3d warehouse, but I basically had to trace over that one to create a new one to get the triangles down. 

• Original Poster
  • http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=913582837

I just published The Cheesecake Factory. This was months in the making. The black umbrella in the picture was uploaded too to KL-Umbrella http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=645035459&searchtext=umbrella

913582837_preview_Screenshot 383.png