Sign in to follow this  
Dirktator

What did (will) you pick as your free game?

Free Game from SimCity  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which free game did you pick?

• Battlefield 3
    • Bejeweled 3
    • Dead Space 3 (SE)
    • Mass Effect 3 (SE)
    • Medal of Honor Warfighter (SE)
    • Need for Speed Most Wanted (SE)
    • Plants vs. Zombies
    • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

23 posts in this topic Last Reply

So who picked what and what do you think of it....? (meaning the game more than the gesture) :P

I decided to get Need for Speed since I've already experienced the other titles. Kinda like racing games every so often, so willing to check this one out...

No, the gesture is not going to mend many broken hearts, I'm guessing. I suppose I didn't have as bad an experience as some of you might have, other than endless conga line waiting and losing 2 regions and having a large city roll back to nothing.  I'm sure someone else has experienced worse. 

Still, I'll accept a free game being offered, why not ? (acceptance does not necessarily imply forgiveness)

I chose Dead Space 3.  Always heard the series was super terrifying, and I've never been a fan of horror games, but for some reason, I have this odd urge to test whether EA and the underwear makers of America are in collusion with each other. :P

Removing plants vs zombies & bejeweled and taking out the ones I own allready left me with the choice of either MOH or DS3 and so number of friends that play "persuaded" me into choosing MOH...

I chose Deadspace 3 as I've either got the others or wouldn't like them anyway (i.e. plants and zombies - YAWN).

I would have chosen the NFS game but I read that there is virtually no customizing of the vehicles and that's my favorite thing to do in racing games.  I died a little inside when they made version 4 of that other racing game for Xbox only and dropped the PC version.

In all honesty, it's doubtful that I'll ever play DS3 all the way through, but hey I'm not one to pass up a free game.

I chose Deadspace 3 as I've either got the others or wouldn't like them anyway (i.e. plants and zombies - YAWN).

I would have chosen the NFS game but I read that there is virtually no customizing of the vehicles and that's my favorite thing to do in racing games.  I died a little inside when they made version 4 of that other racing game for Xbox only and dropped the PC version.

In all honesty, it's doubtful that I'll ever play DS3 all the way through, but hey I'm not one to pass up a free game.

Pretty much the same for me, I chose dead space as I have or wouldn't like the others also. I was hopeing for a wider selection I really wanted Kingdoms of Amular lol.

after seeing this list of games that i already own or have beaten on ps3 and sold back to gamestop i wish there was a dlc credit offered as well.

i think the going used value of ds3 at gamestop is 8 bucks battlefield is 5 the other games are either free on mobile apps or just not worth playing ... i think moh is given away for free at flea markets..... wasn't sure what i was expecting but hell nhl 10 has more replay value. another middle finger to me i guess.

I have chosen Mass Effect 3 simply because it has superb multiplayer with a very healthy community. Battlefield, NFS: Most Wanted or MoH: Warfighter are not the games my machine can handle, and Dead Space 3 is a lil bit too cruel for me as a horror genre game.

Already have Battlefield 3. I downloaded NFS. I would never spend money on it, so I figured it would be the best pick for a free game. Most of the other titles I would have bought (eventually) anyway.

What to pick as a game? Well, were I eligible, I'd go for Dead Space 3. But, tbh, I've played all of these titles. Except plants vs. zombie, but this game is insipid and stale.

just looked on the fb site but it makes sense if you do download a free game as a result of this you are forgiving any future actions against ea/maxis....    I for one is happy they didn't give me a good choice!!!!

I went for Mass Effect 3 in the end.  I get motion sickness from FPS games but third person is normally ok.  Read a few opinions and it might give me trouble unless I fiddle with the settings but I don't mind giving it a go for free. 

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet as I left it to download overnight. 

DS3. I loved the first two.

Nothing like playing Dead Space in a darkened house with a decent sound system. I swear I'm going to end up in the ED with a form that says

Reason for death: Had heart attack whilst playing Dead Space (A massive spider thing lept out of a dark corner, and tried to rip off his oxygen pack...)