Sign in to follow this  
nukehumvee

I'm worried about road layouts.

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am worried about the road layouts in SimCity 2013. You see, now with freeform roads, people can make all sorts of design (guitars, Simoleon sign, R2-D2). That's cool. But what happens when people get nasty and decide to build a city in the shape of inappropriate stuff (mainly, and especially, phallic designs). Will EA or Maxis try to ban these trolls? Or would they just simply put a warning to these guys?

I mean, I think you're going to have trolls everywhere in any game.  I haven't heard tell of anyone doing that yet, though.

That being said, are the city tiles even large enough to draw profane symbols on? :P

Penis shaped city was the first I rushed to build. This is problem EA should have predict as creating such a masterpiece in private region is OK, it is not OK if we will get spam from genitals shaped city on public regions, especially considering this game is also directed for younger gamers. 

Ofc after having my roads connect to create map sized phallus I always create appropriate name for it. I guess it will be impossible to filter all those abominations and get rid of them particularly with all the language versions and crazy-twisted city names that can be made.

I am worried about the road layouts in SimCity 2013. You see, now with freeform roads, people can make all sorts of design (guitars, Simoleon sign, R2-D2). That's cool. But what happens when people get nasty and decide to build a city in the shape of inappropriate stuff (mainly, and especially, phallic designs). Will EA or Maxis try to ban these trolls? Or would they just simply put a warning to these guys?

So you have not seen the goatse-city or Calvin-EA city?

Oh, those things are here allready and .. you know, human nature..

I remember that Spore was filled with all kinds of .. unquestionable desings right after launch, so is SimCity..

Some people will of course do it, and unless reported, will probably be left to it. If you place stuff like that for the public to see and are deliberately trolling, then I hope it does get removed.

What you do in your own private region is your business however :-)

they already banned phallic named cities but no phallic shapped cities.... oh and ne refference to stds, bodyparts, and dirty positions have been either warned or unsavable,,,, but so far make all the boob and cock cities you want!

they already banned phallic named cities but no phallic shapped cities.... oh and ne refference to stds, bodyparts, and dirty positions have been either warned or unsavable,,,, but so far make all the boob and cock cities you want!

it would be awesome to see someone make a cock shaped residential city with the tip next to the highway entrance ramp... cause you know all the AI would look like....

• Original Poster
  •  

So you have not seen the goatse-city or Calvin-EA city?

Oh, those things are here allready and .. you know, human nature..

I remember that Spore was filled with all kinds of .. unquestionable desings right after launch, so is SimCity..

'Inappropriate stuff' includes goatse.cx.

Oh yeah, I remember that PC Gamer article where there's a dick monster.

Yes, its terrible. A graphical, very crude representation of an external organ that you share with half the humans and mammals on the planet. 

Just imagine: streets in shapes of ears, tongues, hands, feet. I have no words...