Sign in to follow this  
Metalpuritan

Construction sound

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Has anyone seen or heard of a way to get rid of construction noise, in my game it is constant and way more anoying than the helicopter except, I easily found a way to silence the helicopter.

---

I have slightly edited the topic title to make the content of this thread more clear.

- timmie

Edited by timmie  

title edit

Seeing as it is temporary, just turn it off on the panel or turn down your speakers.  I keep my speakers fairly low, and turn the music off.  If I want music I either use my cable channels or a background music player.

• Original Poster
  • Sadly, it is not temporary, it just goes on and on and on endlessly(sorry for redundancy).  I like to have my sounds, I too turn off my music, but I want my sound effects still.  It's just I can;t get rid of the construction sound once it begins and it is anoying beyond all reason.

Is it the slope mod?  Is it NAM?  It didn't do it vanilla...

I am not getting rid of my mods either, I would rather add a mod to get rid of it than get rid of mods to get rid of it.  Can something be done about it like the helicopter sound mod?

I've had this exact same problem in the past.  It is indeed related to a slope mod....I think the one which causes it is the BRF Slope Mod.  Is that the one you're using?  Unfortunately the only way to eliminate the constant construction noise is to simply turn off sounds in your settings, turn down your speakers, or remove the slope mod from your plugins folder.

Please excuse me for bringing this back to the top, but Ihrob is wrong.  I have the endless road work sounds that continue forever and ever despite the road work being a distant memory, but I have no slope mod!  I only have NAM.  The only way I can silence this is to return to region.  When I reopen the city it's fine... till the next time I build a road.

This can happen when you are working with RHW and you use a FlexHeight transition. On page 67 of the RHW manual, it says: "Also, due to the presence of Rail on both [the FlexHeight and Flex On-slope] pieces, dragging out any farther out than five tiles from the pieces at once can result in an infinitely looping rail construction sound. If this happens, save and exit to region, then return to your city."

But you say it's happening when you build a road. That's weird... I've only had this happen when I am building RHW interchanges and use the FlexHeight transition pieces.

Edited by Compdude787  

adding page #

Definitely happens when building roads and avenues including NWM types.  Seems if I spend more time building roads. it is more likely to occur.  If I just make a quick change, it dosen't seem to happen but when laying out networks it is a constant annoyance.

As a side note, I spent my life in construction and I grew to detest those backup beepers.  I often had to wear hearing protection to save my ears.  Yes they can be that loud.  And yes, I was wearing a safety device to protect me from a safety device.  So I have a special hate on for that "construction" sound.

Well, I can sympathize with that.  I have a 30%+ hearing loss from main frame computer room fans.  We didn't know then that all that white noise was damaging.  Operators in these rooms now must wear protective ear muffs.  It gets worse, and I laid out three grand recently for some hearing aids.