Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Here I'll show you all about Tora, and it's metropolitan area on wich I've been working for a while.

Entries in this City Journal

agnostiskbarn

bell-nord-population-copy.jpg

Hi Everybody! 

In other posts, I've shown you a bit of Tora... Today I'll show you the whole metropolitan area. 

Called Bell-Nord, this is a peculiar kind of metropolis. Tora, Besurt, Ginesta and Vange are old medieval cities, built very near one from another... so much than after the centuries have become a single metropolis (maybe is to soon to call it a metropolies, but i'm a believer... :D ). Beech, Arc de Mar, Muixa or Nea Tora are examples of new cities, with no history before 1920.

The public transportation is very important for Bellnordians -Green is cool! They say.

If you're planning to visit the city, this map may help you, not to lose yourself... :D 

besurt-metro-area-transportation.jpg

I'm pretty sure, if you visited this nice spot on the mediterranean sea, you bought at least some of this postcards... 

Postcards from Bell-nord :rofl:

Tora, the oldest town, the first... the one and only. It is the perfect city for an artist, a designer, a melancholic writer... Tora offers the best cultural scene, under the blue light of the sea, just perfect!  

tora-2016.jpg

Built mostly on the 70's Nea Tora is a little less poetic than it's neighbor. Hipsters love it anyway, so decadent... 8)

nea-tora.jpg

Arc de Mar is far less green than the rest of the cities in Bell-Nord. Runned by speculators, here there's no room for trees! 

arc-de-mar.jpg 

Vange is the smallest of the old medieval towns od Bell-Nord, and the richer one. Look at their roundabouts, so fancy... ohh, and the even have their own Apple Store! :D 

vange.jpg

This city was founded in 1920, by some thiefs; they say than a night between jokes, beers and an epic after party (still recalled), they decided to set the city. The history of the city is easy: "-Every piece of land will be always sold to the better payer. Then, now and always"

beech.jpg

To be continued...

Hope you liked! :party:

agnostiskbarn

Hi again!! 

Today's a big day for Tora!! Two new TRAM lines have been opened this morning, the T2 and T3. 

The T2 line connects the Old town with Indo, the South-West suburbs and Besurt (last two out of the map). The T3 line, connects the industrial area, Indo, with the Eastern Part of town, a zone yet to develope. The old T1, goes from the Old Town to Sauto and further (yet to see where). :P 

screenshot-2015-09-03-21-17-32.jpg 

Now I'll show you some pictures of today's opening trip, the mayor and the regional president itself went on the very first ride.

We take the T2 at Torrazzo Station, a nice spot to start our trip.

screenshot-2015-09-03-20-30-25.png

Attention!! Here comes a curve... :D  And The Mofo Club, a gay yet heterofriendly night disco, located into an old factory and surrounded by a big garden, perfect for the summer!

screenshot-2015-09-03-20-44-29.png

After a couple of stations we stop at La Mole Station, the best way to get to a concert at the Music Cathedral of Tora. All TRAM lines run 24h so you can drink and dance as much as you want and yet get home save. :party:

screenshot-2015-09-03-20-53-24.png

And if things get bad, you can always pick the TRAM to the Hospital... Is just two stops away! :kitty:

screenshot-2015-09-03-20-59-15.png

After a few stops we arrive to Indo Interchange, there we pick the T3 and start our trip to East Town. Here we see the train across the industrial area, Indo.

screenshot-2015-09-03-21-04-01.png

Sauto's Interchange.

screenshot-2015-09-03-21-13-09.png

As always... an aerial view of the city, as it looks today... I changed a few things apart of the TRAM since the last update, can you find the seven differences??  

screenshot-2015-09-03-21-17-32.png

Hope you like!! :D 

agnostiskbarn

Hey guys!

Some time ago I showed you Tora, an old european city. Today I'll show you how I've changed it!

screenshot-2014-12-23-04-19-49.png

First of all I thought I needed to make the Old Town a little bigger. I costructed The Royal Palace and The Mole, a music cathedral. Arround them a new neighborhood grew, now part of the old town.

The Royal Palace

screenshot-2015-08-30-21-39-57.png

The Mole, since 1888 a house for the musicians and a place to play and experiment with new sounds. 

screenshot-2015-08-30-21-41-58.png

Complete view of the city center and the Old Town.

screenshot-2015-08-30-21-45-45.png

In second place, I wanted to create a new comercial neighborhood, between the old town and the industrial area and give it a kink image. During the 70's this was a pretty rough place to be born, but now it is a hispter paradise, filled with second hand shops, organic markets, vintage stores and cafès. 

The main street and the South Tora's train station. Lots of shops, a park and a super chic mall. 

screenshot-2015-08-30-21-50-02.png

The proud of the neighborhood is the Biprostal Tower. Books and cafès to relax after work. 

screenshot-2015-08-30-21-59-04.png

The Clock Tower, a typical place to meet with friends to hang out. 

screenshot-2015-08-30-22-01-23.png

An overview of South Tora, or Sauto, as called by Toranians.  

screenshot-2015-08-30-21-51-53.png

Sauto, the place to be seen. 

screenshot-2015-08-30-21-48-16.png

An aerial view of the city, showing the Old Town, the Bussiness District, Sauto, and some periferical areas...

Tora, as seen from East.

screenshot-2015-08-30-21-37-101.png 

From west... 

screenshot-2015-08-30-22-06-191.png

A picture of Tora before the changes... 

screenshot-2014-12-23-17-12-33.png

What do you think? Jejeje Did you like the changes? 

And to end, a picture of Tora's Metropolitan Area's map of transports. I'll show you more in future entries...

screenshot-2015-08-31-01-24-56.jpg

Still working to grow up better... Hope you liked!!! :) :P 

agnostiskbarn

Hi,

I've been playing with the NAM and this time I want to show you how I introduced the NAM into a city I had made before I got the addon mod working on my Mac.

I wanted to try out the TRAM, so I picked one of my favorite cities, Tora, and decided to construct a new TRAM line in town.

Tora is a small old town located on the northern mediterranian coast, moderate climate and welcoming people are the essence of this beautiful spot.

Here we see the new TRAM line (T1) crossing the old part of town. Among other building we'll find; The St. Jonas Church, The "Llanterna" or the new School of Design of Tora.

screenshot-2014-12-23-04-19-49.png

We cross the city listening music on the TRAM and waiting to reach our stop...

screenshot-2014-12-23-17-10-39.png

Let's go to work!

screenshot-2014-12-23-16-41-43.png

As always, a complete picture of the city...

screenshot-2014-12-23-17-12-33.png

And to end, a picture od Tora before I constructed the TRAM and changed the roads to the NAM:

screenshot-2014-12-22-20-26-25.png

Hope you liked!

:)

agnostiskbarn

After a lot of time hoping for this day to come, finally I got the NAM! :)

I know for most of you is not big deal, but I'm a Mac user and I'm just so happy to be able to use it...

My first NAM town, Porta, is suposed to be the east entrance to the new region, Bell-Nord. So I needed a high way, and after a lot of fighting with my unknowledge this is what I got:

screenshot-2014-12-18-03-11-17.png

screenshot-2014-12-18-16-35-59.png

And here, the "city center" after some tree planting... As you can see, Dorren is not really a old town but more a suburb.

screenshot-2014-12-18-16-48-06.png

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections