• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Saylong- CIty in the Delta

Sign in to follow this  
Sky Guy

Welcome to Saylong. The city is reletively new- it was started as a fishing village in the Kapuas River Delta. In recent years it has become an oil processing center and a hotspot for the wealthy. Despite this, slums still surround the city and the river banks.

Here is a picture of the River Delta I am working on. Saylong is the city located between the airport and Tanjung Bambu.

Regionoverview.jpg

(click for full size)

Saylong-Jun11101283730830copy.jpg

A look at the fishing harbor

Saylong-Jun11101283730936copy.jpg

The city's refining center.

Saylong-Jun11101283730725copy.jpg

Everyday, new development is built over slums, and slums are built next to new development...

Saylong-Jun11101283730686copy.jpg

SaylongIslandA.jpg

SaylongIslandB.jpg

A look of one of the islands ajacent to the city. This one is home to both the city's most wealthy, and most poor.

SaylongA.jpg

SaylongB.jpg

SaylongC.jpg

A mosaic of downtown.9.gif

Replies

JGellock: Thanks a bunch! the warehouses are HERE and HERE2.gif

Liberater444: Thank you!

skyscraperguy: Oh yeah.19.gif

Blakeway: Mooo! lol thanks.3.gif

_marsh_: Thanks- I redid it like 3 times to get it right. lol18.gif

Adrianor: Many thanks!

The Duke: Thanks for all the nice words! The water modd is HERE

tankmank: Thanks a bunch!

kolnikov inc: Thanks! yes a lot of the bats are somys. The farms are rice fileds, but I forgot where I got them- check the Japanese bat guide...1.gif

976: Thank you! I will try and release some of my LE creations when I get some time.4.gif

_marsh_: Yes they are all LE. I am busy, but I will try and release them (maybe privately in a week or so- I will PM you)2.gif

Sign in to follow this  

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

Whoa, I love that region. I also like your cities, they look very well planned. It looks like it took alot of work to get everything to look so nice.

One question, where did you get those apartments in the 5th picture, next to frogface's MEB shops? They look so pretty. :D

Share this comment

Awsome, I hope you do release them

Anyways I love the city. It looks great. There is always a large veriety of architecture in your city and somehow you manage to make desert buildings fit in a tropical setting.

,marsh

Share this comment

Thanks! Again, superb work you have going on here. I like the 6th pic down with the bridge-island-bridge looks really cool and realistic. The regional shot is stunning also. 

Share this comment

Wonderful work. It has got the Southeast Asian feel. Do you happen to take reference from Malaysia or Thailand? It really looks like those places.

Share this comment

I really like this update it has a great feel to it but i think it needs more large slums around it as it will look more realistic but it looks gret already

Share this comment