• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

South Chester

BhTJqc.jpg

Replies:

Silur: Thank you! I use a mixture of "contrast", "desaturated" and "vivid" photoshop techniques to add some mood to the pictures.

etg-nc2nyc: Cheers! Those houses with the small alleyways and the square parking lots are one of CP's medium density houses, a really cool-looking 3x3 lot.

tonyr: Thank you very much.

Duco: Yeah- MMP fields takes a load of left-click holds and dragging back and forth like crazy to get the fields filled in. Thanks for your comment.

feyss: Thanks! And- :yes:

Entry 22: Pololomia -- South Chester

South Chester is built on the southern part of the city tile and on the bottom centre. There are a mixture of high-wealth suburbs, medium-wealth suburbs, a small flat complex and rural homes, plus quite a bit of farmland to the east. The furtherest extent of South Chester is the M7 highway which forms the northern boundary of South Chester.

And now let's take a look...

DFNhSn.jpg

358jCq.jpg

Let's start off with the high-wealth suburb.

vaLjuH.jpg

I'm including more mosaics to help show the layout of these areas. The western boundary of South Chester is the railway cutting through the suburbs.

8tc9GW.jpg

Use railways, highways and fences/tree fillers to really seperate areas.

FT3242.jpg

I want to thank KingOfSimCity for his amazing relots of the Maxis mansions.

HU7q9e.jpg

zozuLh.jpg

Moving northwards and once past the M7 there are a series of railways and railyards...

CGjU87.jpg

A very quiet moment in the day for the M7...

5teNtl.jpg

The Chester Road rides over the M7. The Chester Road is a very long straight road which goes through South Chester, Chester and forms the western border of the Mowden suburb (north and east of Chester).

rRJ6Ve.jpg

It's a simple diamond interchange with some MMP flourishes.

2hJLZf.jpg

With a bit of photoshopping finesse Maxis night can be turned into TrueNite...

TK1gL2.jpg

y2Hd7I.jpg

A new photoshopping technique I've discovered is to first lower the brightness and increase the contrast. Then increase the brightness and increase the contrast more than the brightness. Then increase the colour brightness and decrease the saturation. The effect produced is this contrast/vivid hybrid.

7RdGUj.jpg

Another example of the above photoshop technique I mentioned. It's sharp and clear, but not too bright, not too dark, not too desaturated, not too oversaturated...

MpTeka.jpg

A small private school complex.

kMEOF6.jpg

Bw13fm.jpg

dZkA0E.jpg

To the left is Chester, to the right South Chester, in the centre is the M7 and towards the top is the start of Langley Plains: flat countryside with lots of fields and farms.

ON8tpT.jpg

And here is the flat complex I was talking about. This is east of the Chester Road (running along the bottom of the picture).

52pJtz.jpg

I1gkjQ.jpg

These flats were the first things I placed down in Pololomia. It took a while to work out how to complete the area around the flat complex...

1YdMDm.jpg

bLWDfG.jpg

t5JvM5.jpg

Going from suburbs to the rural country...

ITs7aT.jpg

This suburb is the eastern most extent of South Chester.

9fnZdT.jpg

N9mP5U.jpg

cJoa7d.jpg

Another example of the rural/suburban, or rural/urban, transitions I spend so much time working on.

RgOIFI.jpg

q8bdvy.jpg

cnbutj.jpg

2VWYuf.jpg

One final overview of South Chester.

WkG2TD.jpg

From north to south: top of the city tile to the bottom of the city tile.

n1YMzV.jpg

MHW is...     Good!

Now that South Chester has been explored, the next area to be explored -- next weekend -- is the northeast of Langley Plains:

MOGzME.jpg

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

13 minutes ago, fighterfungus said:

very, very nice detail! Has this city been affected by Brexit in anyway?

What the hell has Brexit got to do with SC4?

I build SC4 cities for the sake of building SC4 cities. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good day sir.

Share this comment