• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

How to...#2: Developing ugly industrial areas

Well, because of job problems (I have them all the time....literally) I decided to develop another industrial area in one of my cities.

Step 1: Search a good place

i1_zps6c19dc2b.jpg

Nice one, along those major road and the rail line, some trees for a good start for the high tech industry I need.

Step 2: Build the traffic grid

i2_zps5976c4f0.jpg

Yeah, should be ok, I guess. Won't be a huge area, so minor streets are ok, but maybe you should use some of the modded avenues like Ave 4 and so on. Also buid some stations.

Step 3: Civics

i3_zpscb3ee5d6.jpg

Fire departments and a parking lot in this case. You also ahould add some parks.

Step 4: Build some sexy bus stops. These mates are kinda important.

i4_zps3da1c433.jpg

Step 5. Zone!

i5_zps56f31eab.jpg

Note that I'm leaving space between the woods and the zones.

Step 6. Profit!

i6_zps206c29c6.jpg

i use the mod if anyone's asking. It makes the Maxis lots way better and brings also walls and filler lots (which I forgot to download for HI, so there are these ugly empty spaces between the major buildings.

Step 7: Re-grow trees, fill the empty spaces

i7_zpsd26bc54b.jpg

Use some deciduous trees too.

Step 8: "MMP schadet nie"

i8_zpsd4cfdbf6.jpg

Finally and only additional, step 9: Anger about the mechanics to not use the new grown, perfect, hogh wealth industrial area.

i9_zps8494be3c.jpg

That's it for today, have a nice evening!

Replies

Schriefer: Thanks a lot!

feeroz123: Thank you, it's the SFBT Street tree mod, find it via the link or search on the LEX.

Gugu3: Thank you too!

3 Comments

Recommended Comments