Ionica

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Ionica - Save the Trees

Sign in to follow this  
MilitantRadical

repliesw.jpg

MamaLuigi945: Very lively city; I like the night shots. The second to last pic is my favorite. Nice use of plazas and a good variety of BATs. ;)

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it.

dubaidude303: Wow! I really like this! Looks cool! :)

Hey dude, thanks.

ggamgus: Illium-inated city! :P I love it! Yes, very lively. :D

I aim to please, thanks.

westy177: wow i love the bright vibrant colours and epic buildings and dont worry i wont pull you up about that maxis highway you have but if maarten was here look out lol. anyway youll be getting a +1 and 5stars good job :)

Hey westy, I kind of don't know what to do with my highways. I feel like I've built so much of my city already and I'm afraid I might be locked in to the Maxis Highways for now. Thanks for the high marks!

Fox: Stunning update! Love the mosaic! I also love the little bridge section in the second picture .. that just draws my attention.. it looks great. Such variety in buildings too .. great job!

Hey Fox, I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for stopping by.

NMUSpidey: Very nice, I always say night shots are just wonderful to look at.  The towers are nice, of course, but I think the real gem here is how sensational your parks look, those ones down beneath the slopes in the second picture are really, really cool.

Hey NMUSpidey, I love night shots also. I always try to use buildings that have nice nightlight. Hopefully I will have even nicer parks in the future, those ones were kind of experiments, just testing what I can do with them.

SimCoug: The photo editing  of the mosaic is brilliant, and I really like how you mixed the retaining walls with the plopable rocks in the second picture.  Very creative and it looks very natural.

Thanks SimCoug, it was kind of a random idea to do that and I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm slowly figuring out MMPs but I'm nowhere near your level.

ganjaman95: great f#@$ job!!! :)

f#@$ thanks! :D

Schulmanator: That totally rocks!

Thank you sir.

Hazani Pratama: Amazing

Thanks.

Sharaunque1: Truly outrageous! I think i would kill for your plugin's folder

Well, I do have a hit list...

pluginsd.jpg

Around 80% of all the plugins I've downloaded so far.

kakado_to_save: i agree with the above.

My army is growing one assassin at a time. Mwhahahaha!

Save The Trees

mtropmos1.jpg

This is not an accurate representation of what Ionica looks like right now.

Ionica continues to grow by leaps and bounds but there is a price to pay. Worldwide, around 3.7 millions of hectare of natural forest is lost per year due to deforestation and expansion of the city.

In Ionica, the rate of deforestation has improved from the past decade to about 1.08-1.80 million ha annually. While the improvement is cherished, this is not enough. The rate is still considered to be the world’s fastest, about ten times of the world’s average.

More than eighty thousand Ionicans depend on the forest. The biodiversity and resource rich forest is the source most of their livelihood.

And for the birds, about 54% of the Important Bird Areas in Ionica are outside the protected area networks. The rest are mostly on natural production forest. It is then important not to endanger the natural production forest. While the plantation forest is needed to provide timber for development, the role of natural forest is undoubtedly vital.

Natural forest is much more than tree stands. It is a complex interaction of various elements of life and non-life. It also holds so much more carbon stocks than other type of forest. With the climate change in mind, we know that natural forest is favored over plantation.

The good news is there are a lot of Sims who want to save the forests. The bad news is that saving forests is not going to be easy. It will take the efforts of many Sims working together in order to ensure that forests and their wildlife will survive for your Simlings to appreciate, enjoy, and benefit from.

Some steps for saving forests and, on a broader scale, ecosystems around the world can be abbreviated as TREES:

- Teach others about the importance of the environment and how they can help save forests.

- Restore damaged ecosystems by planting trees on land where forests have been cut down.

- Encourage people to live in a way that doesn't hurt the environment

- Establish parks to protect rainforests and wildlife

- Support companies that operate in ways that minimize damage to the environment

Portelance_Sep.jpg

Portelance_Sep1.jpg

Portelance_Sep3.jpg

portelancesep4.jpg

portelancesep6.jpg

Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

Save the forests! Does Ionica have any floating cities it can build above the forest?

Share this comment

[color=#ff00cc][b]Awesome forest pictures.. very pretty.[/b][/color]

[color=#ff00cc][b]That is one decent city in that regional view... wow .. it is huge.[/b][/color]

Share this comment